Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

5 'world classers'

Umpteen 'oozes quality and would get into most top teams in the Prem'ers'

Still more 'spaffers'

lol

The point remains...

Just look at this thread... And that's sitting at the bottom of the division and being utterly dreadful.

Cmon...

The best part of the 'spaffers' was the term 'spaffing'..one which I'd not heard before and have used it in sundry conversations since.

lol

You can have your straw man arguments, you can make out that loads of people believe he's world class, you can complain he's given generous match ratings as if it means something in the grand scheme of things. Fans like him, fans enjoy watching him play. It doesn't make him world-class, it's make a decent player in a struggling team. Yes, you said Beckford wasn't very good, you said we needed a DM, you said QPR would do well, you also said Hull were making great signings.

You know what, people have preferences, people make predictions. Sometimes they are wrong. You're a fan of Schlupp, others aren't. There's no conspiracy against him, it's what people see. Unfortunately Col, we can't be right all of the time like your good self.

If Cambiasso is dropped then I hope his replacement does very well and helps us win. We aren't Cambiassoites or lovers, just people who were pleased he signed and have been quite impressed with what he's offered. You obviously haven't been quite so impressed, that's fine. But you're trying to argue against people who haven't actually said the thing you disbelieve.

Col has been right about Cambiasso all along. We were better without him. The glimpses of quality are no more useful than glimpses of quality from anyone else.

When we signed him I was delighted and bought into his reputation but with every game he plays, I'm just more and more disappointed.

Col has been right about Cambiasso all along. We were better without him. The glimpses of quality are no more useful than glimpses of quality from anyone else.

When we signed him I was delighted and bought into his reputation but with every game he plays, I'm just more and more disappointed.

When you say better without him, which games would they be. Considering he played a rather major role in our only two wins of the season.

When you say better without him, which games would they be. Considering he played a rather major role in our only two wins of the season.

Everton

Chelsea

Arsenal

The 3 games that absolutely gave me hope upon hope that we could survive. I didn't see the Stoke game but have heard conflicting reports as to whether it was Cambiasso or Drinky that had more of an effect. Man Utd he did have a good game but aside that, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he was worth pursuing to the extent we did. Especially at the expense of McArthur who would certainly provide more energy and tempo.

Everton

Chelsea

Arsenal

The 3 games that absolutely gave me hope upon hope that we could survive. I didn't see the Stoke game but have heard conflicting reports as to whether it was Cambiasso or Drinky that had more of an effect. Man Utd he did have a good game but aside that, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he was worth pursuing to the extent we did. Especially at the expense of McArthur who would certainly provide more energy and tempo.

Palace fans haven't been particularly impressed by McArthur.

Cambiasso World Class  lol

We have no World Class players, all this sucking up to the likes of Cambiasso, Mahrez, Knockaert etc... is becoming a serious joke.

None of our players have looked properly ready to step up a division this season, they have all been average.

Cambiasso World Class  lol

We have no World Class players, all this sucking up to the likes of Cambiasso, Mahrez, Knockaert etc... is becoming a serious joke.

None of our players have looked properly ready to step up a division this season, they have all been average.

It's weird the way you come out with that first line as if it's what anyone's been saying.

Different players, set up, systems etc. He is a decent player and his attributes would be useful to us at the minute.

Probably, though I'm not convinced midfield is the main problem. I wouldn't say no to a new midfielder, but there are bigger issues such as our utter pond life defending, incapability of taking chances or creating any for our top scorer, incapability of playing out from the back when behind etc...

Yesterday was so annoying. I honestly think before we went behind we were looking the better side. It's ridiculous how incapable of cutting out such basic errors we are.

It's weird the way you come out with that first line as if it's what anyone's been saying.

One person said it, others don't say it but talk like he is a gift from god.

He can pass a ball well, can't do much else, and as Col has said our record with him in the team has been atrocious. 

He can pass a ball well, can't do much else, and as Col has said our record with him in the team has been atrocious.

That one person being fez who was quite clearly trolling. Others say he's easily our best performer, which is true.

Our record with anyone has been atrocious, but he played big roles in both wins so far this season.

His passing of the ball could be an asset if used properly - same with Mahrez, but it simply isn't. At least the likes of Cambiasso & Mahrez show glimpses of being useful to us. Certain players are looking, despite their evident effort, useless.

Our record with every single player has been woeful. That's not exactly something you can use against Cambiasso - especially when he's been well involved in every single win.

That one person being fez who was quite clearly trolling. Others say he's easily our best performer, which is true.

Our record with anyone has been atrocious, but he played big roles in both wins so far this season.

Stoke tbh we could of easily lost, Man Utd just one of those freak games where everyone plays well.

He has probably looked the best of a bad bunch, his passing is top notch, but tracking runs and all that stuff he has been quite iffy. 

But all this love for an average bunch of players is getting stupid now.

Where is this love in? Nowhere. That's a myth and you know it is. When some players show glimpses of promise in what is the worst run I have ever seen, then there's naturally going to be belief that they might, just might come in handy to us at some point in future.

Everton

Chelsea

Arsenal

None of which we won, Everton I didn't even think we were very good. Arsenal we were excellent, but we were second half at Stoke and United.  The reality is, there has been no magic combination this year.

Oh it's so frustrating I can't do the multiple quote thing.. I don't know how to.. I'd have a bloody field day!

lol

After some of our more dreadful performances, I'm not completely confident about Boxing Day. Good chance that we'll concede a pretty woeful goal and get a 1-1 draw or be forced into yet another late winner. 

Cambiasso was world class. Okay he's getting on a bit but if he played in Lampards or Gerrards role he'll be doing a lot better. He can't help with the shite around him

What you mean like this Col!!!

C'Mon lad get with it!!! :xmasbiggrin:

Oh it's so frustrating I can't do the multiple quote thing.. I don't know how to.. I'd have a bloody field day!

lol

I can do it... shall I get started on some of your old posts? I should have a free day and I know there are lots of great ones out there ready to be laughed at.

I can do it... shall I get started on some of your old posts? I should have a free day and I know there are lots of great ones out there ready to be laughed at.

I'm pretty sure you could say that about us all...

The frustration is not knowing how to do it.

What you mean like this Col!!!

C'Mon lad get with it!!! :xmasbiggrin:

lol

Raj you tease!

Archived