Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

Hamer

Smith 

Simpson-Was-Sesay-Morgan©-Moore-Upson-Konch-Schlupp

Vardy

Smith deployed as cover for a trademark Konch back pass.

Vardy to chase EVERYTHING down. 

Derby's 2008 record to be equalled, pride to be restored. 

I don't see anybody laughing? I see a bunch of people completely hacked off with our general crapness.

I also don't see many people still advocating a 4-4-2, like you are.

I'm not even really advocating 4-4-2 I merely stating we are going to be shit regardless of formation and 4-5-1 is not an obvious remedy to our sever poorness.

I'm not even really advocating 4-4-2 I merely stating we are going to be shit regardless of formation and 4-5-1 is not an obvious remedy to our sever poorness.

They won't listen, THE single reason is not having a DM. He'd stop everything, pick up every loose ball, be in 17 positions at once, win balls, launch attacks and be generally ****ing brilliant. Whilst making Moore step up, getting Kasper to jump for balls and stand in the right place for free kicks, getting Wes to head it clear rather than against his own man and getting Konchesky and De Laet to stop having brain farts.

They won't listen, THE single reason is not having a DM. He'd stop everything, pick up every loose ball, be in 17 positions at once, win balls, launch attacks and be generally ****ing brilliant. Whilst making Moore step up, getting Kasper to jump for balls and stand in the right place for free kicks, getting Wes to head it clear rather than against his own man and getting Konchesky and De Laet to stop having brain farts.

It's a game plan. We have none as you yourself said only today.

Yet you take the mick when we are so poor?

You know, it could just be (heaven forbid) that I have a good point and it's possibly the way to go?

Not that I'd expect you to admit that even if you thought it.

Other people can have good points you know. I tend to acknowledge yours.

Burnley may play 442 but they have workers in the wide areas, who aren't as technically good as Mahrez but they do their defensive work.

The main difference between us and them is organisation and they don't make silly mistakes.

Agreed. Given that they were well below us last season, and that their transfer activity in the summer did nothing to narrow that gap, you'd expect their squad to have less quality than ours. But last season they were more solid and better organised defensively than us, and have continued in the same vein this season. Once their main strikers returned from injury they had a solid base to work from.

Our defensive frailties, rather than our paucity of goalscoring chances, has been our undoing. Apart from the Jan window, my hopes lie in playing Schlupp at LB (unfortunately to be prevented soon by the ANC) and the introduction of Upson.

You know, it could just be (heaven forbid) that I have a good point and it's possibly the way to go?

lol why do we take the Mick? it's a game plan? You have a good point?

We've just played two games using the very formation you've spent the last 3 weeks pushing for, scored no goals in 180 minutes and suffered two straight defeats, that might be why we take the Mick, it might be a game plan but it hasn't worked thus far and therefore you do not have a good point.

I am sure if you make a good point Babylon will be one of the first to complement you on it. I probably wont but I'm more of a pr1ck than he is.

lol why do we take the Mick? it's a game plan? You have a good point?

We've just played two games using the very formation you've spent the last 3 weeks pushing for, scored no goals in 180 minutes and suffered two straight defeats, that might be why we take the Mick, it might be a game plan but it hasn't worked thus far and therefore you do not have a good point.

I am sure if you make a good point Babylon will be one of the first to complement you on it. I probably wont but I'm more of a pr1ck than he is.

I do agree with the last part..

:thumbup:

Let's see if your 4-4-2 goes well Mike..

lol - don't forget that he'd stop every cross coming in too. Schlupp to left back, give Cambiasso a rest, he may be our best player but he's clearly flagging and I'd rather have him for the more winnable of the two games this weekend.

Hamer

De Laet

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Nugent

Ulloa.

4-4-1-1/4-4-2, Nugent playing the link role like he did last season

lol - don't forget that he'd stop every cross coming in too. Schlupp to left back, give Cambiasso a rest, he may be our best player but he's clearly flagging and I'd rather have him for the more winnable of the two games this weekend.

Hamer

De Laet

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Nugent

Ulloa.

4-4-1-1/4-4-2, Nugent playing the link role like he did last season

Something like this works for me, not that it'll stop us loosing but we need to get back to playing the system that so us pick up points early in the season and just stick with it.

Although not wishing to sound like a broken record that doesn't look like a team full of players capable of dragging themselves out of the relegation zone when 5 points adrift.

I take the mick (racist), because every problem we have always seems to be solvable with DM. Players makes a mistake, DM would have been there. Ball drops free in the area, DM would have been there etc etc. I really don't think it's that simple, also as I said before I think a 4-5-1 will solve one problem but cause another. Lack of support for the striker, goals dry up and so on.

We're currently in the position of having a dam with several leaks. You plug one hole and another one appears somewhere else. We could probably do with a very good DM you are absolutely right, but we could also do with a very good LB, CB, CM, AM, ST, LW. I don't think there is one formation with what we currently have that's going to solve all our problems.

We either buy some better players, or players that fit a certain system. Or we get in a master tactician of which I'm not sure there are many out there (I don't advocate Pulis on the basis of him walking out on a club the day before the season).

I take the mick (racist), because every problem we have always seems to be solvable with DM. Players makes a mistake, DM would have been there. Ball drops free in the area, DM would have been there etc etc. I really don't think it's that simple, also as I said before I think a 4-5-1 will solve one problem but cause another. Lack of support for the striker, goals dry up and so on.

We're currently in the position of having a dam with several leaks. You plug one hole and another one appears somewhere else. We could probably do with a very good DM you are absolutely right, but we could also do with a very good LB, CB, CM, AM, ST, LW. I don't think there is one formation with what we currently have that's going to solve all our problems.

We either buy some better players, or players that fit a certain system. Or we get in a master tactician of which I'm not sure there are many out there (I don't advocate Pulis on the basis of him walking out on a club the day before the season).

I hope we do both on the basis of playing 4-3-3. Hopefully sorting out the defence and signing a quality wide forward in the process.

Do you just set out to try and argue with people, who said drop, he's not going to play every game in this ridiculously busy period I'd rather him playing against Hull, commons sense, unfortunatley we're going to need the squad in the next few weeks.

No, don't sweve it. Many have said Cambiasso is our 'best player' or 'a class above' or even 'world class'..

Who on earth drops their 'best player' in a side that is sitting on the foot of the division with 2 points from 36?

Is he injured (if so, fine)

If not, dropping your 'world class' player makes no sense.

I sense some doubts, finally, starting to creep in, not as to individual ability but his place in the 'team'.

No, don't sweve it. Many have said Cambiasso is our 'best player' or 'a class above' or even 'world class'..

Who on earth drops their 'best player' in a side that is sitting on the foot of the division with 2 points from 36?

Is he injured (if so, fine)

If not, dropping your 'world class' player makes no sense.

I sense some doubts, finally, starting to creep in, not as to individual ability but his place in the 'team'.

There is a rather big difference between dropping someone and resting someone.

Archived