Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

I take the mick (racist), because every problem we have always seems to be solvable with DM. Players makes a mistake, DM would have been there. Ball drops free in the area, DM would have been there etc etc. I really don't think it's that simple, also as I said before I think a 4-5-1 will solve one problem but cause another. Lack of support for the striker, goals dry up and so on.

We're currently in the position of having a dam with several leaks. You plug one hole and another one appears somewhere else. We could probably do with a very good DM you are absolutely right, but we could also do with a very good LB, CB, CM, AM, ST, LW. I don't think there is one formation with what we currently have that's going to solve all our problems.

We either buy some better players, or players that fit a certain system. Or we get in a master tactician of which I'm not sure there are many out there (I don't advocate Pulis on the basis of him walking out on a club the day before the season).

Whats racist about taking the Mick?

agreed, konchesky has been solid enough for us all season and i dont think we should be letting one mistake (albeit a big mistake) change our opinions on him. It's funny, not many people thought he was a massive liability before the hammers game.

we're a fickle bunch

He was absolutely atrocious against Liverpool as well. We must have the worst two options for left back in the whole division.

Spurs have been playing 4 2 3 1 so they will have plenty of bodies in the middle. Therefore we need to match them when they have the ball but attack at pace when we have it. For that reason only id keep Vardy in. Probably go 4 4 1 1 but with Ulloa up top as we will inevitably hit some long balls under pressure as they press high up the pitch.

Also want James back in, whilst his finishing has been woeful at least he has put himself in the positions to do this with his runs which is something our other midfielders don't.

Just realised I probably have 12 players in my side. Can we do that?? It might help.

I'm amazed that anyone could have watched more than half a dozen of our games this season and come to the conclusion that Konchesky has defended well for us, and only made one error. He is woefully substandard.

Defending wise he's usually ok, tracking back, tackling etc.  As I've always said about him the problems start at the point he has to distribute the ball.

Defending wise he's usually ok, tracking back, tackling etc.  As I've always said about him the problems start at the point he has to distribute the ball.

Yeah he's probably Championship standard defending and League two with the ball at his feet. Genuinely feel that with good footballing left back it'd make such a difference to us. The amount of possession he wastes is diabolical for a player at this level.

I agree with that. I don't think he's as suspect defensively as De Laet but he's so poor on the ball it's unreal. The main offender for attempting percentage football despite its regular failure.

Schlupp at left back doesn't fill me with confidence either, especially against Spurs where we're undoubtedly on the back foot again. It's a bit of a lose/lose. I suppose he is pretty good going forward as a full back though which is more than can be said for Konchesky. He seems to look more dangerous going forward when he's at left back rather than left wing.

I wouldn't have been totally against sticking Knockaert in for Konchesky but for the fact it's another tough game. These have been dodgy at home but excellent away.

I'd go with:

The Beard

Bart

Westley

Was

The bloke from Rainbow

Deano

Matthew J

Tony

Riyad

Nuggent

That man from Argentina

Keep the midfield solid, Nuge to link play, creativity with Tony and Riyad. If Konch is on the teamsheet I'll probably cry.

I see all the bullshit articles are coming out now.

Nugent - Thanking the Blue Army ahead of Leicester v Tottenham.

Schlupp - We'll stick together.

Simpson - We're positive.

Pearson - We will turn this round.

I really don't want to hear it, they're soundbites, do the talking on the pitch don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

I understand they are interviewed and articles are made from those interviews, I know we've had all the discussion about outlets to the fans with all the Stringer bullshit, e.t.c, but i'd rather they just refused the interviews and knuckled down.

We don't get all that many articles when we're doing well and I don't wanna hear it when we're struggling. Just the headlines wind me up.

Another one to add to the list.

Nugent again - Nugent knows how Foxes must improve.

WELL ****ING DO IT THEN!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hopefully Spurs arrive full of turkey ready for a damn good stuffing

Hamer

Simpson
Morgan
Wasilewski
Konchesky

Mahrez
Cambiasso
King
Albrighton

Ulloa
Vardy

Not much by way of options, king's our best chance of a goal from an attacking perspective in midfield, James and Drinkwater just not doing it for me at the moment, we need to cause Spur's problems on the wings as they have looked shaky this season in that area, god help us if we let Soldado score. I've gone for  0-0 bore draw and to be honest I'd take that right now.

Of course Vardy is struggling. He's playing on his own against four defenders in a team sitting back.

Any striker would struggle in that. We're just using him at the minute to try and win territory by him chasing balls we just hoof into the channels.

Archived