Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

4 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

The club have had them all taken down - something to do with the not liking the way they were put up as involved drilling into the Perspex. I don't sit over there but love seeing them all and hope to see them back up soon. 

No ufs took them all down as the club kicked off. Discussions on going.

4 hours ago, Illusion35 said:

Ah ok - sorry for not quite getting the story straight! 

Wasn't being funny or fussy. But it was decided to remove them half way through putting them back up.

End game is to get it sorted. Is bare without them.

12 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

What was there not to like? No offensive ones that I saw. 

Seems strange ufs can have there own uo

It was the way they were fitted, nothing to do with being offensive.

The UFS  banner is stuck up with tape every week. We can't do that with near on 50 flags so we're trying to find a solution. I think there's a meeting planned for this week. 

1 hour ago, broughtonblue said:

What was there not to like? No offensive ones that I saw. 

Seems strange ufs can have there own uo

As gaz has stated below, after the palace tea leafing episode it was decided to fix them using screws and washers, that was apparently ok with the maintenance staff, however a certain individual saw them refitting in this manner after the trip to copenhagen, when many had been removed for the trip, and it was decided that they all come down for now, until a solution is found.

Whilst in an ideal world they would stay fixed, as carrying them all to every game etc is a bit of a ball ache, I do myself, however some own multiple flags and it's a ball ache, but I think as fans we all want to see them back. Hopefully the swell of support for it can see some resolution ASAP.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 18:13, broughtonblue said:

What has happened to all the flags at the back of the kop? Only saw the union fs one yesterday as before they were stretching all round the Kop

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 18:14, broughtonblue said:

What has happened to all the flags at he back of the kop? Only saw the union fs one yesterday as before they were stretching all round the Kop

It's good to see that you have time to post your question twice but you don't have the time to read further back in this thread! lol

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 07:52, The soup nazi said:

It was the way they were fitted, nothing to do with being offensive.

The UFS  banner is stuck up with tape every week. We can't do that with near on 50 flags so we're trying to find a solution. I think there's a meeting planned for this week. 

Gaz, any news, I take it, it's still gonna be bare for Boxing day. :(

Good to hear that progress is being made and the club are interested in helping to get them back up.

Surely it'd take someone with half a brain a matter of minutes to come up with a safe, permanent way of fixing these?

Lots of flags of different sizes - why not install some sort of fixed rail along the back of the stand above the perspex windows with movable hooks on it (so they can be adjusted to each flags length which can then be opened / locked once the flag is attached?

Edited by daz*dsb

23 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Surely it'd take someone with half a brain a matter of minutes to come up with a safe, permanent way of fixing these?

Lots of flags of different sizes - why not install some sort of fixed rail along the back of the stand above the perspex windows with movable hooks on it (so they can be adjusted to each flags length which can then be opened / locked once the flag is attached?

A rail top and bottom of the Perspex was discussed on the morning the flags came down, however it's how you fix these rails in place without drilling into the Perspex or steel stantions, in an ideal world you'd then cover these in ply to keep the sunlight out and to allow any size flag be screwed up.

Added to that the rails would be quite long between stantions.

6 minutes ago, promised land said:

A rail top and bottom of the Perspex was discussed on the morning the flags came down, however it's how you fix these rails in place without drilling into the Perspex or steel stantions, in an ideal world you'd then cover these in ply to keep the sunlight out and to allow any size flag be screwed up.

Boarding over would be the easiest option.

I was always led to believe the Perspex was to allow as much sunlight as possible to the pitch. However as we now use sunlamps I guess that's not required.

20 minutes ago, promised land said:

To be fair I've not had a proper look at the area or the materials around it - I was just throwing something out there, albeit based on little knowledge lol. 

I'll have a wonder up on Boxing Day and probably see it's not as straight-forward as I'd like to believe. lol

50 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

All this has been discussed lads. I don't think the issue is how to do it, more like when. Ply boarding was talked about and could be a goer.

I pity the buggers lugging 30 odd sheets of 8x4 up there lol 

If it's on a budget then sterling board would do as good a job, if you knew a decent painter they could even roll a coat of Matt black over them, or just paint the flags onto the sheets. ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Thank you! So relieved it's finally here. We'll have it up at The Football Factory during all of the games this season. Hoping to get some of us together for some photos of the flag around NYC.

Don't forget to post your photo's here ;) looking forward to seeing them.

• Like 1