Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

This is boring.

I'm neither Pearson In or Pearson Out, but there is a third group surely? The third group is 'Pearson has been shit this year'. Which is undeniable, even to the hardcore 'Pearson in' lot. However there will come a time members of this third group must pick their side. Keeping a manager based on past glory at a lower level is probably not a good idea, however is one season in the prem enough to decide if he's found his level? But if we get relegated will we ever get back to the prem for long enough to find out?... 

Anyway, I think a combination of team selection and results in the coming weeks will decide where the majority of fans stand on Pearson.

You put your Pearson IN Pearson OUT

IN OUT IN OUT

And shake it all about

You go to Foxes Forum and you spew around

That;s what it's all about

Ohhh Foxes Forum Ohhh Foxes Forum Ohhh Foxes Forum

"You Bell End"

"You Daft Git" 

ROW ROW ROW

I'm amazed this is still dragging on.

It's pretty clear that it was an embarrassing incident for all involved. However, sad as it seems, these things happen when drunk people disagree with other drunk people.

Seeing as we are generalising and grouping people...

I always seem to find that those who are 'Pearson Out' are often less articulate/intelligent than those who are 'Pearson In'.

Maybe explains why the 'Pearson Out' would try to justify attacking those singing the name of our most successful manager in ages?

Our most successful manager in a 14 year period when we went from an upper-mid table Premier League side to a third tier side, went broke, suffered two relegations and one promotion (during which we were nearly closed down), and got through ten managers apart from Pearson, spending more on players than we ever had in our history (even relative to inflation) and received abject failure in return. It's a bit like talking about the nicest ruler of Syria or North Korea. Still doesn't necessarily mean he's much good.

As it happens he is quite decent, but I can understand why people who grew up around Gillies, O'Farrell, Bloomfield, Wallace, Milne, Little, O'Neill or any of the other semi-respectable managers we had - or even fans who look at all those other clubs who have managed to appoint semi-competent managers over the past 14 years - might not be so bowled over by his brilliance. Because they are aware that what has happened to us during those diabolical 14 years wasn't typical, that there are other good managers who achieve plenty of success out there.

And, of course, you can think he's been a good manager without necessarily believing he's the right guy to establish you as a Premier League club, which is what we're worried about at the moment.

There are plenty of reasoned opinions as to why Pearson is a good manager, and plenty of silly and emotional reasons. The same goes for those who think he's not the right manager for the club at the moment. I think he's been an excellent manager so far who may yet turn out to be passable at this level. If he isn't, though, then it may turn out that some of those people who were dismissed as stupid morons (and I'm sure you're being a bit ironic when you say that, in fairness) for questioning him at this level, had a fair point.

I can't speak for anyone else who backs the manager, but I've stopped posting by and large because I'm sick of the pathetic infighting at a time when we should all be getting behind the team.

Please don't think I'm hiding away because I feel like I've been 'proven wrong' because I honestly couldn't give a lusty **** what posters like you think, with your 'Pearsonite' nonsense - you've wanted him out since day one, simply because you don't much like the bloke. There's only one group trying to label and marginalise our fans, and its posters like you with your 'Pearsonite scum' / 'Pearsonista' / 'Pearson Brigade' rhetoric - which by the way is utter nonsense, as if you can broadly lump all the fans who want Pearson out and who want Pearson to stay into two groups.

I've had many intersting discussions with fans who share both viewpoints - in real life, obviously, not with the knuckle dragging keyboard warriors on here - and I've spoken to plenty of fans whose views I respect that want Pearson out and conversely I've also disagreed with the views of many who want Pearson to stay.

I'm fully behind the club and the manager as its clear he's going to be here until the end of the season, regardless of what any of us have to say on the topic. I'll be avoiding this place until the end of the season now - possibly for good - as I'm entirely sure I'll enjoy the rest of this season a lot more without the same old posters playing the same old broken records, the playground insults, the faux hardmen talking about hooligans like they're some kind of military regiment beyond reproach and the constant stream of handbags flying around left right and centre.

Call me mad, but I'm just going to enjoy watching my side for the rest of the season.

I think I may have worded that post, badly. I am not accusing any posters of causing the fight. What I was trying to say is, that many pro Pearson supporters, who are prominent on this site, have not condemned those that instigated the trouble.

I think I may have worded that post, badly. I am not accusing any posters of causing the fight. What I was trying to say is, that many pro Pearson supporters, who are prominent on this site, have not condemned those that instigated the trouble.

In fairness, there has been a little of 'anyone who fights other Leicester fans is a wrong un.'

I read that as a condemnation of both Sets

. It is rather depressing to think of sets of fans within our own fanbase as it is.

I'm amazed this is still dragging on.

It's pretty clear that it was an embarrassing incident for all involved. However, sad as it seems, these things happen when drunk people disagree with other drunk people.

This.

I'm aware this is a forum and debate is encouraged but sometimes people just need to agree to disagree and move on..

I think DANGEROUS TIGER lost all of his rights to call someone a knuckle dragger when he was complaining about his own nephew being gay.

Err. Not guilty. I have never used that phrase. It was some idiot replying to one of my posts, who used it.

I did not complain about my stepson being gay. It was the fact that he wants his nephews and nieces, to call him "aunty", which I consider deplorable.

Two mistakes! However, I accept your sincere apologies.  :thumbup:

Archived