Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

How have you come to that conclusion? From what I see it was the 'Pearsonista' who was assaulted for telling a 'Pearsonoutta' that his basis for wanting Pearson gone was embarrassing. Which it was. Because it was down to the fact we played one up front at home against Cardiff in the play off. In his first spell. Almost 5 years ago. When Howard was suspended and Fryatt injured.

Try reading Bruin's piece again.

****ing hell.

A manager who has won us two titles and you can get abused for defending him?

Our fans are beyond belief at times.

Can it just not be that if you don't want to sing 'Pearson Out' then don't sing it.

There's a good point. There are plenty of people who feel this and don't chant it. If they did, all hell would break loose.

For me it's about respecting the views of others, trying not to sing things which are likely to cause trouble at moments when they're most likely to cause trouble. If you want to make your Pearson In or Pearson Out point vocally at those moments, then that's fine too, but there are obviously going to be arguments.

Either way, so long as it's people who are expressing what they feel is best for their club, as opposed to what's best for Pearson, or a communication of their personal dislike for him, then it's understandable. But the third way is for people to focus on the common ground, i.e. their support for Leicester, as opposed to conflicting views of individuals who work for the club.

If we were as up for the fight to stay up as we are for the fight against any of our own fans who hold a contradictory viewpoint, we'd be the best support in the country.

****ing hell.

A manager who has won us two titles and you can get abused for defending him?

Our fans are beyond belief at times.

It's not clear where the abuse is coming from, is it?

And the point is, whether it's right or wrong, if you sing something which you know could cause an argument at a moment when there are a lot of angry and disappointed people around, then you'll probably get an argument.

Whether Pearson is the right man for us, or not, is sort of besides the point. At the moment there's a good argument that he isn't (and to be frank, while I believe he can pull us out of this, it's hard to offer a convincing defence of his performance up to now this season), in the past there was a very strong argument that he was. You can come to your own conclusions from that, but there have been plenty of other managers who have achieved things at this club, only for it to go wrong afterwards, and whose names haven't been sung. 

So we know there's a division of opinion. As strongly as we might feel about our own, one way or the other, why would we want to encourage more divisions among the support?

And a week later we'll have plenty of opportunities, at less contentious moments, to sing that chant. I'd just suggest that, when there's uncertainty over the manager, the right moment isn't when he appears to be cocking things up! Not if we value solidarity among fans who differ in their opinions on that particular point.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't sing his name, doesn't mean he's not been a good manager, doesn't mean it's right to abuse people one way or the other (though there's plenty of abuse on here, and it's largely coming from those who back the manager right now), it just means we don't need to do something when we can see it's likely to provoke an argument.

Well they aren't are they? Infact they're chanting the opposite.

I know damn well that if I made my feelings publicly known that I'd be pulled up for it, I was at the QPR game.

Friends who support other clubs are actually astounded that the fans hadn't turned on NFP during that run.

People on here keep going on about how fickle our fans are, I think we're actually very patient, NFP has overseen 2 appalling runs and a few bad ones and yet the fans have (in the main) kept quiet. It's only on chat pages that people voice their concerns and then get accused of being a lesser supporter for it.

I know damn well that if I made my feelings publicly known that I'd be pulled up for it, I was at the QPR game.

Friends who support other clubs are actually astounded that the fans hadn't turned on NFP during that run.

People on here keep going on about how fickle our fans are, I think we're actually very patient, NFP has overseen 2 appalling runs and a few bad ones and yet the fans have (in the main) kept quiet. It's only on chat pages that people voice their concerns and then get accused of being a lesser supporter for it.

I shouldn't need to point this out but the reason we are so patient is that in between those two appalling runs he's also led us to two championships. Something we hadn't achieved for near on 30 years before he turned up. The second one being even more remarkable given it was done whilst also undergoing serious cost cutting.

If your friends who support other clubs wonder why we haven't turned on him you should probably point that out.

What do you guys think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

I'm against it.

The level of support for it has become hysterical. I think you're insane and stubborn beyond all reason if you can't see that other traffic-calming measures need implementing instead.

So what's your educated argument?

Or are you just proving your own point?

Educated argument about what? Why our fans are fighting themselves? There is no argument to be made, if you fight fans at a football match, dare I say particularly your fellow supporters, you are thick as pig shit and a thug, that's the start and end of any argument, there is no argument. Whether you're 'Pearson in' or Pearson out' is, at best, a secondary point, if not completely irrelevant, a spade's a spade.

Yawn.

What is this hysterical support for the manager? Where is it?

I am fed up with this utter shite. Every argument against people in favour is laced with one or both of the following complete falsities:

- 'You refuse to acknowledge his mistakes' - no one has said he's perfect

- 'You think Pearson is bigger than the club' - tripe. People think stability is important and that chasing short-term, immediate gains isn't entirely productive.

I'm saddened that we are even having this discussion and I find it embarrassing for you that you think at any stage it is unacceptable to support your team.

I have supported the "team" for 55 years, and will for the rest of my days. However, I will not support anyone employed by the club being detrimental towards it. That is how many of us perceive Pearson to be at this moment in time.

It is the democratic right of all people to have their own views.

Spot on other than Schlupp who to be fair has been awesome these last few weeks.

Have to say wtf do they do on the training ground all day because it is hugely evident they neither practice corners nor set pieces that would struggle to have an impact against a pub team.

First I have to say, I support the manager, but cant for the life of me understand what he sees in Wes as captain, and with Huth coming in, a proven prem cb, who will be dropped? After about 10 gammes I came on here to say. Is there a worse cb and captain in the prem. He is slow and awkward on the ball. Uninspiring as captain and a poor leader of the back four. Of course I was slaughtered at the time for apparently making him a scapegoat, and now 3 ogs later I worry that niges loyalty to him will result in was being dropped. All this after mr and mrs morgan made such a fuss about him not being paid enough.or not being handed an extended contract.

I shouldn't need to point this out but the reason we are so patient is that in between those two appalling runs he's also led us to two championships. Something we hadn't achieved for near on 30 years before he turned up. The second one being even more remarkable given it was done whilst also undergoing serious cost cutting.

If your friends who support other clubs wonder why we haven't turned on him you should probably point that out.

That is now history. Leicester City is a business, and in business, there is no room for sentimentality.

We'd never been in the third before so it's nigh on impossible for somebody else to have led us to two championships.

I have supported the "team" for 55 years, and will for the rest of my days. However, I will not support anyone employed by the club being detrimental towards it. That is how many of us perceive Pearson to be at this moment in time.

It is the democratic right of all people to have their own views.

How is he being detrimental towards the club? Because we're bottom of a division he got us to for the first time in ten years? That's not mentioning everything he's done behind the scenes in terms of sorting the finances out the stupid previous manager left us with.

Archived