Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Huth & Upson

I really like the idea of Wasyl - Huth - Upson. It's very balanced with both Wasyl and Upson having a bit of full-back experience.

For this to be most effective though we really need to consider playing De Laet ahead of Simpson and (maybe) Schlupp ahead of Konchesky. I say maybe because Konchesky is naturally quite an attacking minded fullback anyway (he started his career playing at left-mid back in the 1960s or whenever it was).

I'd then go Matty James (second name on the team sheet atm!) and Cambiasso

Then Mahrez just behind Kramaric (1st name on the team sheet!) and Nugent

Off the ball it turns into a 5-4-1, maybe even 7-2-1, or Leicester's favourite 9-1 formation

On the ball it's more like 3-4-2-1, real emphasis should be put on the wing-backs getting forward!

Seeing as we need to win 6 or 7 games, I put forward the opposite of the above regular formation we have played, the 9-1.

This version, the 1-9 embraces the fact that we need to do the exact reverse of what has landed us at the bottom of the table. Let me explain.

The '1' in the formation is Wasa, whose job it's is to growl, gurn and do bodybuilding poses around 30 yds from our goal which will prevent any of the opposition players coming our side of the half way line.

The other 9 players, as there are no defensive duties to concern themselves with, duly proceed to pepper the oppositions goal with shots until victory is assured.

The only time I was worried with Upson was when a ball went over the top and he was about 3 or 4 yards off the pace of the attacker. Other than that, having 2 CB's comfortable on the ball will see a massive improvement in our general overall play.

Was is decent enough defensively but the man gives away possession so cheaply he ends up putting us under pressure immediately. I don't think it's a coincidence that we were playing some of our better football this season with 2 players that can play football at the back.

When was this better football we were allegedly playing this season?

Do you mean for half an hour at Arsenal, which, when the formula was repeated at Villa produced one the seasons poorest performances against an absolutely awful side.

Clearly in our postion it's difficult to know where to start with the defence, but overall - certainly in the last two or three months - our main problem is that Wes seems to be playing with his legs on back to front. He's is devoid of confidence, and he should not see the light of day for the remainder of the season for me. It's almost doing him a favour or putting him out of his misery to 'give him

a rest'

Id go with Wasa and Huth, not that anything is likely to engender the revival we are looking for

This is what I would like to see. Makes far more sense to have Schlupp at WB if that is the style we are going with. I know he has been in good form on the wing but we have other wingers who can come in a do a very good job (if only they were given the chance).

We havent though have we, Knoackaert is a championship player at best and Albrighton well there was a reason Villa let him go on a free

I personally feel now that we have got these two they will help Morgan out who is currently going through a sticky pach but imo will come good again soon just as he was start of season

Just we really don't have even a few minutes to see if he has come good.

As I said at the start of the season we need our squad to hit the ground running.

We did not have time this season to see if Wes Vardy Drinky and whoever were good enough.

We needed to know from the start or get strong enough replacements not bench players.

Wes deserves no more time this season unless we have injuries along with vardy.

But we just know NP will play them and if Albrighton is the only fit winger he still won't start a game.

Not anti Nige atm but he does need to grow up and sort his attitude out.

Whatever any player does it should be sorted there and then and forgotten not drag on for the term of his contract.

Just we really don't have even a few minutes to see if he has come good.

As I said at the start of the season we need our squad to hit the ground running.

We did not have time this season to see if Wes Vardy Drinky and whoever were good enough.

We needed to know from the start or get strong enough replacements not bench players.

Wes deserves no more time this season unless we have injuries along with vardy.

But we just know NP will play them and if Albrighton is the only fit winger he still won't start a game.

Not anti Nige atm but he does need to grow up and sort his attitude out.

Whatever any player does it should be sorted there and then and forgotten not drag on for the term of his contract.

and what attitude is this then?

I personally feel now that we have got these two they will help Morgan out who is currently going through a sticky pach but imo will come good again soon just as he was start of season

morgans 'sticky patch' started when he joined us and is still ongoing ....

You guys can't be serious about Upson. Please watch the game again, he was dreadful. He looked even more uncomfortable than Morgan.

He started off well and was mopping up quite a bit of stuff after mistakes by Morgan. Started to look off the pace as the game went on.

he is slow but reads the game well, unlike morgan who is slow and doesn't read the game at all.

Yeah you're right, how he was voted as one of the best defenders in the championship last season by players must have been some kind of joke.

Yeah you're right, how he was voted as one of the best defenders in the championship last season by players must have been some kind of joke.

He's a joke now. One man relagation unit,any competent defender and we would have 5 more points at least.

He was all over the place in the championship when a cross came in but thankfully there wern't that many 

I'd rather have Huth Upson or Wes ahead of Wasilewski. Luckily it seems NP agrees :)

Unluckily for us, as we keep losing goals thanks to Morgan mistakes. Huth I think is very good defender, I like his composure very much. As for Upson I am not sure if he is physically fit enough to play in the starting eleven each match.

it was as far as i was concerned. he's thick and slow, like darren moore with about 1 mph more in speed.

Archived