Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Huth & Upson

An accident waiting to happen is better than an accident that keeps happening.

1424016037944.jpg

If it keeps happening! The thing is, people are just now trying to make everything out as being his mistake... as you continue to do about the Everton game.

I've said Ben was probably harshly dropped, but without seeing them in training you're only making decisions on 90 minutes once a week.

News just in.

Schwarzer has just commenced his dive in an attempt to save Naismith's shot.

Further updates tomorrow.

schwarzer-goal.jpg

Terrific.

Fox Ulike in completely disregarding what's actually happened shocker.

a) Naismith's shot movement points to Schwarzer's left side

b) Schwarzer's view was blocked by two defenders (Morgan & Huth)

c) It is likely the shot was deflected (by Huth)

But don't let facts influence your biased point of view.

Id quite like to see us carry on with the 541 away from home, with Upson, Huth and Was as the Cbs.

Konchesky isn't quite as problematic when there is an extra man covering him, so I'd leave him there. RDL in for Simpson though.

At the KP, though, I think we need to be more attacking with a 4-4-1-1, or something along those lines. Keep Huth at cb, but drop one of the others for either Nugent behind Kramaric or Ulloa in front of the Croatian.

2 things you said "Cambiasso has been" - "Kramaric a huge potential talent", such a big potential that all of the premier league were queuing up to sign him.

Your clutching at straws if your argument is Pearson can't attract players yet hes signed Cambiasso and Kramaric, no matter how you try to spin it.

Terrific.

Fox Ulike in completely disregarding what's actually happened shocker.

a) Naismith's shot movement points to Schwarzer's left side

b) Schwarzer's view was blocked by two defenders (Morgan & Huth)

c) It is likely the shot was deflected (by Huth)

But don't let facts influence your biased point of view.

The trouble is that you had time to write and post all that in the time from which the ball left Naismith’s foot to the time it trickled over the line.

Just look at Schwazer, he’s trying to stop it by giving it a hard stare. Nothing wrong with his eyesight. Great.

It’s not even in the corner.  FACT.

The trouble is that you had time to write and post all that in the time from which the ball left Naismith’s foot to the time it trickled over the line.

Just look at Schwazer, he’s trying to stop it by giving it a hard stare. Nothing wrong with his eyesight. Great.

It’s not even in the corner.  FACT.

How is he supposed to dive in the right corner when he's anticipating the shot going towards his left-hand side?

How is he supposed to dive in the right corner when he's anticipating the shot going towards his left-hand side?

It’s called re-adjusting. Or can't he do that? Can Schwarzer only dive one way?

I’m not saying he definitely should of saved it, but to be so slow that he couldn’t even try and get a hand to the ball to divert it, especially given his gaff the previous week at Villa.  

It wasn’t even in the corner, and it was within diving distance, and the ball was travelling at walking pace. I think a half-decent Premiership keeper should maybe be able to stop that shot maybe 20% or 30% of the time. But he was so slow he couldn’t even make an attempt.

You don’t find any of this worrying?

It’s called re-adjusting. Or can't he do that? Can Schwarzer only dive one way?

I’m not saying he definitely should of saved it, but to be so slow that he couldn’t even try and get a hand to the ball to divert it, especially given his gaff the previous week at Villa.  

It wasn’t even in the corner, and it was within diving distance, and the ball was travelling at walking pace. I think a half-decent Premiership keeper should maybe be able to stop that shot maybe 20% or 30% of the time. But he was so slow he couldn’t even make an attempt.

You don’t find any of this worrying?

I think you seem to have convinced yourself the ball was moving at 1 mile an hour. http://www.recentscores.com/uncategorized/everton-2-2-leicester-city/In full speed, it's hardly a trickler is it. You should try "re-adjusting" in a split second from weight on your left foot to a full dive low and to the right.

You can also see deviation on the ball at about 0.38sec, which is either from his kicking it into the ground or it nicking one of our players. He also has 3 people in his line of site making it impossible to see the ball until it goes through Wes and Huth.

So no I don't find that goal worrying in the slightest, or the one at Man U. I'd be very concerned about the one at Villa and pretty disappointed with the Arsenal one though.

I think you seem to have convinced yourself the ball was moving at 1 mile an hour. http://www.recentscores.com/uncategorized/everton-2-2-leicester-city/In full speed, it's hardly a trickler is it. You should try "re-adjusting" in a split second from weight on your left foot to a full dive low and to the right.

You can also see deviation on the ball at about 0.38sec, which is either from his kicking it into the ground or it nicking one of our players. He also has 3 people in his line of site making it impossible to see the ball until it goes through Wes and Huth.

So no I don't find that goal worrying in the slightest, or the one at Man U. I'd be very concerned about the one at Villa and pretty disappointed with the Arsenal one though.

Hmmm. OK maybe.

Having watched it again I think the ball might be already over the line by the time it's trickling in. On Sunday I threw my iPad at the cat and so missed all the replays.

I am prepared to concede the point.

Hmmm. OK maybe.

Having watched it again I think the ball might be already over the line by the time it's trickling in. On Sunday I threw my iPad at the cat and so missed all the replays.

I am prepared to concede the point.

Fair do!

• 3 weeks later...

I think we are all in agreement that we have a PL standard defender in huth.

Up until arsenal, we had played a back 4

Since arsenal, it has been decided we need to play with 3 CB's

When are we going to play with a back 4 again which includes a proper defender to see if that works?

Tbh, I would even accept huth and Morgan together as I'm not convinced that upson is mobile enough to play on a two. That could be tad unfair on him.

Anyway, the point is that we seem to be hamstrung in the forward area by playing with 3 centre backs so please can we see how we defend with huth in a back 4??

I have a feeling we'll never see it.

I think we are all in agreement that we have a PL standard defender in huth.

Up until arsenal, we had played a back 4

Since arsenal, it has been decided we need to play with 3 CB's

When are we going to play with a back 4 again which includes a proper defender to see if that works?

Tbh, I would even accept huth and Morgan together as I'm not convinced that upson is mobile enough to play on a two. That could be tad unfair on him.

Anyway, the point is that we seem to be hamstrung in the forward area by playing with 3 centre backs so please can we see how we defend with huth in a back 4??

I have a feeling we'll never see it.

Just like we'll never see a CM tasked with only covering the defence rather than having to play box-to-box like most other teams do

Archived