Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Huth & Upson

Are we going to see these two play together at the back any time soon? For me they need to be put in now and stay together for the rest of the season no matter much i like Wes and Waz they are simply not good enough (maybe harsh on Marcin as he has done ok) 

Surly they are the best pairing and they previously played together at Stoke i believe. 

I do genuinely think they will be the difference in us staying up and going down, if we stop conceding stupid goals we still have a chance to get out of the mess were in. 

Bit worried about pace, especially if Simpson & Konch are the fullbacks complementing them.

Was Huth Upson

RDL ------------Schlupp

?

I dont see why Centre backs need to have pace ...................... Cahill and Terry ....

Bit worried about pace, especially if Simpson & Konch are the fullbacks complementing them.

Was Huth Upson

RDL ------------Schlupp

?

This is what I would like to see. Makes far more sense to have Schlupp at WB if that is the style we are going with. I know he has been in good form on the wing but we have other wingers who can come in a do a very good job (if only they were given the chance).

I dont see why Centre backs need to have pace ...................... Cahill and Terry ....

Azpilicueta is fast & they also have the immovable object of Matic protecting them, perhaps if we played with a CDM to protect a CB pairing of Huth & Upson it would be ok, especially if one of FBs had an ounce of pace like RDL or Schlupp to help cover

Upson looks like he's clinging onto fitness by a thread. Only aa matter of time before he's injured again and perhaps for the last time. Hugh looks a better prospect, but whichever way you look at it, that we're here with Schwarzer, Upson, Konch, Wasyl, Hugh, Morgan and Simpson makes a complete mockery out of any suggestion that Pearson is "building something" here. He's building something old and crap.

Mate, Morgan will play from now until the end of time, get over it.

This is my fear... Was good last year and started the season very well. Remember his performances against Everton and Arsenal at the start of the season? 

I agree that pace isn't essential, at either centre half or at full back. What you need is good footballers, pace often just hides the fact that a player is actually quite a poor footballer for the standard that they're playing at (i.e. Schlupp and de Laet). Huth and Upson are more than experienced enough to make up for a lack of pace. It's not as if we play with an ultra high line

I'm sure people have already seen this:

Matt Upson and Robert Huth have a crucial role to play in Leicester City's survival bid, manager Nigel Pearson has said. Pearson has credited Upson for the way he has managed himself while being out injured for the majority of the campaign after surgery on his foot in the summer.

"We have some good options now and his experience will be important for us," said Pearson.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Matt-Upson-Robert-Huth-crucial-role-play/story-26039921-detail/story.html

Personally, as much I love Wes and understand how he was a major part in us getting promoted, I would drop him. He is, in my view, our fourth best centre back at the moment - behind Upson, Huth and Wasyl. I didn't see Upson playing any part in our season – other than a back up – but have been impressed with him in his two games. Much more composed than Wes and infinitely better in both reading the game and distributing the ball. 

Even if we are to stick with five at the back, I'm afraid I still can't see a place for Wes if we want to stay up – let alone if we play a flat back four. 

You never know...

Pearson said the experienced duo, who have spent the vast majority of their careers in the Premier Leagueicon1.png, will be a positive influence, although he warned they still have to earn their place.

Huth and Upson have previously partnered each other at Stoke, and Pearson admits they have a good understanding.

"You could argue that but I think Wes Morgan and Marcin Wasilewski would have something to say about that, as would Liam Moore," said Pearson.

"We have some good options there now.

"It is nice to have different options because they are key positions in any side.

"We have always felt we have decent attacking options.

"Defensively we work very hard as a side, but it is nice to have that presence and that wealth of experience that those two bring.

"They have looked all right in training as a pairing, they looked very good."

Upson looked absolutely awful against Villa and came off injured against Arsenal. Why on earth would anyone want him in ahead of Wazza?

The only time I was worried with Upson was when a ball went over the top and he was about 3 or 4 yards off the pace of the attacker. Other than that, having 2 CB's comfortable on the ball will see a massive improvement in our general overall play.

Was is decent enough defensively but the man gives away possession so cheaply he ends up putting us under pressure immediately. I don't think it's a coincidence that we were playing some of our better football this season with 2 players that can play football at the back.

Archived