Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Referees

Some people what? If you have a constructive point to make then do so. I know it's hard in Liverpool to engage in proper debate without endless 'now then, now then' but go on - try.

I'm merely pointing out that this is yet another illustration of our lack of nouse at this level. you evidently don't. why not?

i was laughing that you were trying to blame bad refereeing decisions on pearson because he doesn't criticise referees. that is a laughable point so i was entitled to laugh. 

nice one for the liverpool insult though, shame that wouldn't warrant a laugh from anyone. 

I've seen some poor refereeing but last night was the limit. After seeing EMTV tonight I'm shocked. At least 2 clear penalties. Problem is their is no way to appeal. If the manager says the ref is crap he gets fined. If teams spend over FFP they get fined. This is not legal, in any other business this is not possible. When will some team/club challenge this through the courts. At this moment I hate the FA.  I love Leicester and will never give in to these dickheads. 11 games to go, 7 at home. Can't wait. COYFOXES!!!!!

Can I ask what our manager does in the face of all this injustice? The answer is NOTHING. Is it any wonder that we are still getting no decisions from refs. it's just another illustration of our naivety at this level. Other managers make a big deal out of the type of decisions we've suffered from. referees don't want to be slagged off in public. of course you have to be careful how you go about it but the 'massaging of the refs ego' policy that we have followed this campaign has not borne fruit.

You realise that the other option is complain, and see the only change being to the clubs finances as they get fined for daring to suggest that the ref isn't perfect? In that system, what is the point of complaining?

So the 'mind games' that mourninho, ferguson and others have played for donkey's years is a waste of time.

even Gary Monk decided enough was enough a few months ago and made his point. He didn't get a fine because he did it the right way.

when jeff went down in the first half, part of medleys thought pattern was 'do I give that against the home side? who are the away side?' He wouldn't be human if he didn't. I'm sure arsenal or chelsea or utd would have got that decision. Just sitting back and being little ole leicester won't help our cause. Wouldn't you rather we had a reputation for moaning about poor decisions and had a few more points?

two or three seasons ago, Nigel had a spat with a ref at half time. thereafter, we didn't seem to get any decisions and he seemed to out of his way to be nice re the officials. Last season we got almost every decision.

different set of refs in the PL.

I accept that I have no idea if we are carrying out our moaning behind the scenes directly with riley

Referees want to ref the biggest games. They therefore favour the bigger teams because they know if they give an even semi-contentious penalty against them then they won't be doing another of their games for half a season or more. Was Madley's first Man City game. Says it all really.

The only time they deviate from this stance is when their employers instruct them to make the title race more interesting - see Burnley at Chelsea.

Referees want to ref the biggest games. They therefore favour the bigger teams because they know if they give an even semi-contentious penalty against them then they won't be doing another of their games for half a season or more. Was Madley's first Man City game. Says it all really.

The only time they deviate from this stance is when their employers instruct them to make the title race more interesting - see Burnley at Chelsea.

you have got this to a T , I have been saying how currupt the premier league for ages now and glad other people are starting to see it , just imagine if the brought in video reply on key decisions , where the so called top 5 would end up , I honestly think liverpool would be between 9-11

These are the decisions that stick out for me...

1. Last min free kick vs burnley, was never a foul -2 points

2. Vards being scythed down against spurs -1 point

3. 2 insanly stupid pens awarded to liverpool -2 points

4. Hammond fouled against villa in the box -1 point

5. Schlupp and krama fouled in the box tonight -1 point

Of course this assumes the results stayed the same if the correct decisions where made and we scored the pens, but by my count thats 7 more points on the board so we are now on 25 points.

But then you have to look at some of the other shockers, rob green not being sent off for a blatent handball outside the area, he goes on to make a wonder save, you have to assume that the sub goalie would not have made, so take 2 points off qpr.

Then there is the obvious foul on costa against burnley, the burly defender gets sent off, misses 3 matches, costa scores the pen burnley have 1 less point, in the same game another burnley defender more or less punches the ball in the box, so there is another they miss for 3 matches.

It isnt just the decisions against us that are costly is the poor desicions in other matches thwt cost us as well.

You have to start wondering if the fa and the premier league actually want us to play at this level.

Interesting, though you could say we got the rub of the green against utd so -3 points?

The villa one we won so we didn't lose any points.

The standard of officiating has been appalling this season right across the board. We've had more than our fair share of bad decisions but watching other matches it's clear that every team is suffering. I can forgive refs when they are looking through crowds of players or aren't in the best position to see things but so many mistakes have been made when they shouldn't have. Such as Spurs having a goal disallowed for being offside in their own half??? Clear offsides when linesman are looking down the line, no one in the way just a clear view aren't being given, Palace at Man City an example. Penalties given or not given when it is obvious one way or the other, yet the ref is the only one in the stadium seeing it how he does, Morgan's being the worst I've seen in a long time.

Years ago refs went professional to improve standards. Standards have gradually sunk to the appealing level we're at now since, why? Have referees just got worse or has interference from FIFA and the FA led to this with how they are being asked to implement the rules? Are new rules like the ridiculous offside rule were refs need as many eyes as a spider to spot everything going on in the first, second and third faze to blame by complicating things? Is it the same in leagues of a similar standing across Europe?

Back in the days of Keith Hacket and Roger Milford games were refereed by headmasters, police sergeants and the like, I never thought I'd say it but they were the best refs we've had in my time.

Archived