Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Referees

Oh well, that's just the kind of luck you get when you're bottom of the league and no ****er gives a toss about you, least of all half of your own fans who don't want to blame anything other than the manager and the captain.

i care about us :( 

I can't agree with that. Decisions are right or wrong. You don't get a certain percentage of your appeals. There were actually only a couple that we were lucky to get last season. Mainly, Vardy was just too quick for Championship lumps.

The first penalty we got at home to Manchester United was far worse than anything from last season anyway.

If they are impartial....and i'd like to think they were,They should be accountable.A couple of minutes at the end of each game on sky/motd whatever,not for the interviewer to go on a witch hunt,but to ask sencible questions and get an explanation of decisions would be interesting,even if wrong they would come out in a better light by admitting it.

But only 2 of those 22 shots went in. If we had been given the penalty when we were due (krammy) then only one of those 20 shots they had taken had gone in and it would have been 1-1 which no doubt would have galvanised our players. If both had been given it could easily have been 2-1 to us going into the last twenty minutes of the game. The ref cost us tonight. Possession is irrelevant when you consider the way we set up. We set up to soak up, and we did it bloody well tbh.

Yes, but we're assuming that Man City would only have accumulated 22 shots had they been on level terms, as opposed to a goal up. Their dominance was such that they could have put our goal under more pressure, had it been necessary.

We beat Hereford 2-0, I think, years ago. I remember their manager saying they'd had a decision go against them and it cost them the game. I remember laughing it off, thinking that we were so thoroughly better than them that we could have banged in another goal or two had it really been necessary. I suspect there'll be a few Manchester City fans feeling much the same tonight.

What you have to look at is how many points have we gained this year because of refereeing decisions? 1 or 3 against Man United and... I don't think there is any more. How many have we lost because of refereeing decisions? Hard to quantify because penalties can be missed, and it changes the complexion of the entire game, but certainly easier to quantify the ones given against us, they've cost us points at times. Also some red card decisions have changed the shape of games against us. This is all pretty cut and dry. No we aren't bottom of the league because of referees, but I refuse to believe we wouldn't be a little better off points wise were these bad decisions to be 50/50 for and against us. They haven't been.

Yes, but we're assuming that Man City would only have accumulated 22 shots had they been on level terms, as opposed to a goal up. Their dominance was such that they could have put our goal under more pressure, had it been necessary.

We beat Hereford 2-0, I think, years ago. I remember their manager saying they'd had a decision go against them and it cost them the game. I remember laughing it off, thinking that we were so thoroughly better than them that we could have banged in another goal or two had it really been necessary. I suspect there'll be a few Manchester City fans feeling much the same tonight.

So your implying that at 1-0 up with us creating chances (winning what should have been two penalties) and chasing them, putting them under pressure. Man City chose not to score a hat full? "Oh it's only Leicester, we will turn on the scoring after they have scored". We weren't outclassed tonight, possession stats are irrelevant due to the nature of the tactics we played. Had we been given the decisions we were due, we would have been in the game right to the end.

So your implying that at 1-0 up with us creating chances (winning what should have been two penalties) and chasing them, putting them under pressure. Man City chose not to score a hat full? "Oh it's only Leicester, we will turn on the scoring after they have scored". We weren't outclassed tonight, possession stats are irrelevant due to the nature of the tactics we played. Had we been given the decisions we were due, we would have been in the game right to the end.

I'll park aside, for a moment, the fact that we're a side with 18 points from 27 games, on a miserable winless run, playing the reigning Champions away from home. That should also have a bearing on whether we consider that the side in question, while enjoying 70% possession, would be able to conjure up even more than the 22 shots on goal that they already managed to conjure up.

You are suggesting that a side which is 1-0 up and in need of a win, will necessarily be as desperate for a goal as a side - and a far superior side to their opposition - which is level and in need of a win. That's obviously wrong.

So yes, I am implying that Manchester City weren't as desperate for a two goal lead as they were for a one goal lead.

And the fact that we chose to play those tactics shouldn't be an excuse for their domination of the game. When a side dominates possession that much, wins by two goals, has almost four times more shots on goal than their opposition, then it would look to most neutrals like a fair result. The possibility that we set up to let them do precisely that hardly helps the argument that we were hard done by.

Guest Cujek

These are the decisions that stick out for me...

1. Last min free kick vs burnley, was never a foul -2 points

2. Vards being scythed down against spurs -1 point

3. 2 insanly stupid pens awarded to liverpool -2 points

4. Hammond fouled against villa in the box -1 point

5. Schlupp and krama fouled in the box tonight -1 point

Of course this assumes the results stayed the same if the correct decisions where made and we scored the pens, but by my count thats 7 more points on the board so we are now on 25 points.

But then you have to look at some of the other shockers, rob green not being sent off for a blatent handball outside the area, he goes on to make a wonder save, you have to assume that the sub goalie would not have made, so take 2 points off qpr.

Then there is the obvious foul on costa against burnley, the burly defender gets sent off, misses 3 matches, costa scores the pen burnley have 1 less point, in the same game another burnley defender more or less punches the ball in the box, so there is another they miss for 3 matches.

It isnt just the decisions against us that are costly is the poor desicions in other matches thwt cost us as well.

You have to start wondering if the fa and the premier league actually want us to play at this level.

I've had it with referees. Something needs to change. It's an utter joke.

How hard would it honestly be to have video referral. EVERYONE but the guy who makes the decisions gets to see it over and over again immediately after the incident. We'd have referred the Kramaric one. It would have taken seconds to say it was in the box. Then very likely we could have had a goal. That changes the whole game.

And before I get hounded out by the "stop blaming everyone but ourselves" brigade, yes we are clearly not that good. I've said in many other threads that the manager has made strange decisions at times, as have the players. Both haven't been good enough for too much of the season. However, we've had more than our fair share of appalling decisions. I can't believe we haven't had a penalty since Man Utd (H). That wasn't even a penalty! We've had all sorts go against us - faceball, Krama tonight, Krama vs. Spurs, Konchesky sent off vs. Villa, Vardy vs. Spurs etc... 

There's a combination of reasons why we are where we are and refereeing has a part to play for sure!

Before the usual suspects chirp out their predictable inane drivel about others blaming the referee rather than putting it down to our own team's performance, we're well aware that there's a lot wrong with our team.

I have absolutely had enough with the utterly laughable standard of officiating. I'm talking about everything from shit referees to the FA's pathetic stance on anyone who has the bollocks to tell the truth on the matter.

I've not actually seen the incidents again but when pretty much everyone is saying we should've had two definite penalties then I think it's fair to assume we should've done.

I've had a theory for a while - you know whilst big decision after big decision goes against us (oh look, I mentioned it, how ****ing dare I), I think... am I just incredibly biased? Or are referees not giving us any benefit of the doubt ever because we had a very contentious high profile decision go in our favour earlier in the season?

Tonight has absolutely convinced me it's more so the latter.

I am absolutely sick of this shit.

Nothing to do with us, but in my opinion they favour the bigger teams.

Keep the more marketable teams up there. Simple. It happens far too often for it to be a co-incidence. Can't believe some people are happy to turn a blind eye to it. I'm now absolutely convinced something dodgy is going on.

THEY AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR POOR FORM BUT IT IS A TOPIC WORTH DISCUSSING AS TO WHETHER CORRECT DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE.

Obviously you haven't complained about referees before. Not Speedie at Wembley? Erland Johnsen?

Don't say that. Don't let anyone get in the way of deluding themselves for the sake of appearing the level headed one.

As posted in another thread:

Lets face it, Ref's have shafted everyone this season. They have been sh*te accross the board.

As Leicester City fans it's easy to say 'look how unlucky we have been, look at all those bad decisions' but being as we don't watch all 90 minutes of the other games and being that MOTD has been full to the brim of dodgy decisions by ref's this season I think it's a bit comical to say that we have been hard done by and it's to blame for dropped points. Plenty of other teams have probably dropped points for exactly the same reasons. But fandom blinds us of this.

Play the game in and around your own box .... you'll get penalties awarded against you.

Play the game in and around the opposition's box and you'll gain penalties. 

Play 5 at the back and have a negative manager and you'll play in your own box, not theirs.

Quite possibly some of the worst logic ever expressed on here... the season it's being discussed is because we were in their box.

The standard of refereeing this year is on a par with the Championship. I'm not even solely talking about our club. Everyday on Match of The Day you see numerous times referees make some awful decisions. Like Newcastle's penalty shout yesterday, how the Ref didn't give that is beyond me?!

The whole structure of refereeing needs to be scrapped and changed because clearly throughout the football league you have arrogant, incompetent refs (Mark Clattenburg for example) who are so far own up their own backside they think every decision is right just because they've made it.

As Dan LCFC said - I'm sorry but if I was Pearson I would have called that Refs performance inept etc. Why can't a manage do that? One little negative word about the ref and you get dealt with by the FA; it's bo|locks!

I've been bemused at the standard of officiating in one of the best football leagues in the world. 

I'm getting more annoyed at why there is such little desire from the authorities to sort the absolutely blatant mess out.

Would it be overly cynical to say they're trying to give any helping hand they can to the more marketable clubs? I wouldn't rule it out seeing as it's pretty obvious that's the entire point of this league.

You sometimes don't get penalties given ... most sides moan a bit and carry on .... we are so woeful that we had 2 shots tonight .... so we have to make a big deal about the one penalty shout (Kram) ..... For me the Schlupp one was never a penalty.

We played the game, positively with loads of possession in the final third last year and got loads of penalties. We defend for 80 minutes and never get them. It's not rocket science .... We don't get penalties for the same reason we don't get goals .... We don't attack.

We do carry on, when has Pearson stood there and said "we'd be 15 points better off, we'll write to the authorities, there's a campaign against us"?

The reason we were awarded penalties last season was mainly because Vardy was too quick for the Championship keepers and defenders. We aren't too quick for their Premier League counterparts but that doesn't mean fouls aren't being given.

Why are some people actually trying to dismiss the injustice most LCFC fans feel?? I think we more than most other teams have been screwed by the ref. It's alright saying 'every team get's bad decisions', but looking at the list I'm certain we've had a much greater share of poor decisions than most others. Furthermore a number of teams that had bad decisions given against them have had a similar amount of dubious decisions given in their favour. I genuinely can't remember any major decisions going in our favour this season, perhaps apart from Vardy against Man Utd. Just looking online the amount of fans of other teams stating how unlucky we've been with referees and our performances is telling. We should be feeling injustice,I can't understand why anyone wouldn't?

It"s not just the bad decisions but the cock sure attitude of Madley, when Krameric points inside the box, Madley laughs in his face and you can lip read " No it wasn't". Lip read this Madley "Yes It was t-oss-er". I bet the guy has posters of Stuart Attwell on his wall. Sympathies to all ticket holders, it was advertised as a football match but was played out as a farse, with one side on first name terms with the ref and helping him make decisions, the other laughed at when they appeal for justice.

Can I ask what our manager does in the face of all this injustice? The answer is NOTHING. Is it any wonder that we are still getting no decisions from refs. it's just another illustration of our naivety at this level. Other managers make a big deal out of the type of decisions we've suffered from. referees don't want to be slagged off in public. of course you have to be careful how you go about it but the 'massaging of the refs ego' policy that we have followed this campaign has not borne fruit.

Can I ask what our manager does in the face of all this injustice? The answer is NOTHING. Is it any wonder that we are still getting no decisions from refs. it's just another illustration of our naivety at this level. Other managers make a big deal out of the type of decisions we've suffered from. referees don't want to be slagged off in public. of course you have to be careful how you go about it but the 'massaging of the refs ego' policy that we have followed this campaign has not borne fruit.

He'd just be accused of looking for excuses.

some people lol 

some people lol

Some people what? If you have a constructive point to make then do so. I know it's hard in Liverpool to engage in proper debate without endless 'now then, now then' but go on - try.

I'm merely pointing out that this is yet another illustration of our lack of nouse at this level. you evidently don't. why not?

Archived