Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

On 05/02/2020 at 20:41, Phube said:

Well my Pokédex is sadly lacking the following:

Mewtwo

Heracross

Torkoal 

Illumise 

I have a spare Heracross and 2 Illumise. Caught them when I was in Florida. More than happy to trade before a Leicester game

EDIT - My Heracross has 2340 CP and is a 3 Star. Has Counter and Megahorn as its moveset so is a beast.

My Illumise has CP of 962 (0 Star) and 124 (2 Star)

More than happy to trade 

Edited by kingcarr21

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I have a spare Heracross and 2 Illumise. Caught them when I was in Florida. More than happy to trade before a Leicester game

EDIT - My Heracross has 2340 CP and is a 3 Star. Has Counter and Megahorn as its moveset so is a beast.

My Illumise has CP of 962 (0 Star) and 124 (2 Star)

More than happy to trade 

Sadly I don’t get to games anymore... but thanks for the offer! 

Also as a point if you trade the rating changes, I traded a 100% with my Daughter and it ended up as a one star!! 

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Also as a point if you trade the rating changes, I traded a 100% with my Daughter and it ended up as a one star!! 

That's rubbish. Well if you really need them u can send me a message 

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:19, Phube said:

Lucky friend trades are guaranteed 12 12 12 +

General trades are re rolled so your better off trading a 1star.

New Loughborough facebook group is going well. I was banned from old for playing ingress and moving stuff about. Although added 77 new stops now.

If anyone wants to join

84596833_1931151893695036_4571787133752180736_n.jpg

So what are peoples go to pokemon for battling. My 2500 league team is Giratina, Gyrados and Machamp. 1500 league is Torterra, Golem (Electric and rock version) and Umbreon

The amount of battles ive won because of Umbreon. Rapid and lethal. Surprisingly Golem is a beast also. The electric element seems to catch people by surprise. I fair much better with my 1500 team than my 2500 team. Just drafted in Giratina who does a good job though

Mine:

1500 -

Lucario - fast charged attack, good for ice.

Linoone - High HP, Ghost fast and Electric and Ground Charged - very useful when players don’t expect it from a normal.

Rhyperion - just useful

2500 -

Mamoswine - fast ice charged for dealing with Girantia’s.

Infernape - useful for ice and grass

Vileplume - absolutely batters Swampert in 5 hits!!

Ultra - not set.

But like all battles it really depends on how lucky you on on the order and type you opponent chooses?

20 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

i use the following for 1500 level: Altaria, Azumarill and Skarmory they pretty much rinse most people i battle to be honest. Ensure they have the right movesets. their are plenty of websites that can help. 

I hate you so much. The amount of people using this set of Pokémon ruins me lol

• 4 weeks later...

New Pokémon Clover released, edgy humour brewing in the bowels of the internet for some years now. For a GameBoy romhack its like playing a whole new game, hours and hours of content, hundreds of new Pokémon for you to find!

Would highly recommend you download an emulator onto either your phone or PC, download the game and play - it's free.

https://www.gbahacks.com/2017/02/clover.html?m=1

Here's the dex

Clovermon_Official.png

and a link to fully functioning wiki of the game to clue yourself up as you go - https://pokeclover.fandom.com/wiki/Home

If anyone gives it a go, let me know how you get on

Edited by Jaspa
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jaspa said:

New Pokémon Clover released, edgy humour brewing in the bowels of the internet for some years now. For a GameBoy romhack its like playing a whole new game, hours and hours of content, hundreds of new Pokémon for you to find!

Would highly recommend you download an emulator onto either your phone or PC, download the game and play - it's free.

https://www.gbahacks.com/2017/02/clover.html?m=1

Here's the dex

Clovermon_Official.png

and a link to fully functioning wiki of the game to clue yourself up as you go - https://pokeclover.fandom.com/wiki/Home

If anyone gives it a go, let me know how you get on

Im playing Pokémon Theta Emerald atm on my Phone. Ill see if I can download Clover and let you know what its like

• Like 1

Made a start on Clover. Feels like its a well made Hack. Some of the dialogue is a bit much. Guess im just showing my age. I do think I will enjoy it though.

Ill keep you posted on how it develops. Not got past the first gym yet. Only just got through the woods. Took the fire starter and just caught a grass type as my 2nd pokemon.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Made a start on Clover. Feels like its a well made Hack. Some of the dialogue is a bit much. Guess im just showing my age. I do think I will enjoy it though.

Ill keep you posted on how it develops. Not got past the first gym yet. Only just got through the woods. Took the fire starter and just caught a grass type as my 2nd pokemon.

Decent start. The gym leaders are very difficult, I'm up to Freddy Mercury in Beehive City at the moment and he has a Pokémon I essentially can't touch so I'm training my team up.

Tiny bit of advice for you, try to use Thief on Chompest whenever they appear, you'll get plenty of nuggets & starpieces which is the best way to make money. I'm sure you're experienced enough to make a well balanced team, just plan ahead because if the grass type you picked up is a Sapleaf, it'll evolve into fire and then end up ghost lol I'd highly recommend picking up a Semdrop and/or Lanshil.

Oop, and check out upstairs in the Pokecentres too, they have integrated Wondertrade which gives you a chance of getting very useful, rare and unique mons.

The humour is quite crude & juvenile, it can be offensive in places too but I don't think anyone was hurt and it's all in good intentions in respect to the game.

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Decent start. The gym leaders are very difficult, I'm up to Freddy Mercury in Beehive City at the moment and he has a Pokémon I essentially can't touch so I'm training my team up.

Tiny bit of advice for you, try to use Thief on Chompest whenever they appear, you'll get plenty of nuggets & starpieces which is the best way to make money. I'm sure you're experienced enough to make a well balanced team, just plan ahead because if the grass type you picked up is a Sapleaf, it'll evolve into fire and then end up ghost lol I'd highly recommend picking up a Semdrop and/or Lanshil.

Oop, and check out upstairs in the Pokecentres too, they have integrated Wondertrade which gives you a chance of getting very useful, rare and unique mons.

The humour is quite crude & juvenile, it can be offensive in places too but I don't think anyone was hurt and it's all in good intentions in respect to the game.

No I got Clovour. Which I looked at the Dex evolves into Grass/Steel. Im not going to look at the Dex anymore though. Im enjoying the fact I know nothing about any of these pokemon. I feel like the first time I played Pokémon Blue all those years ago lol 

I've got some serious grinding to do. Ive done the wonder trade already and got the poison bird. But for me its too early in the game to have a 3rd pokemon on the team. I tend to stick to 2 pokemon until the 3rd gym. The way this hack is done though I may have to rethink that strategy. It did say to swap out your team etc. If this game can make me have to build up a team of more than 6 pokemon for different scenarios then that's quite impressive.

How have you found it so far?

14 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

No I got Clovour. Which I looked at the Dex evolves into Grass/Steel. Im not going to look at the Dex anymore though. Im enjoying the fact I know nothing about any of these pokemon. I feel like the first time I played Pokémon Blue all those years ago lol 

I've got some serious grinding to do. Ive done the wonder trade already and got the poison bird. But for me its too early in the game to have a 3rd pokemon on the team. I tend to stick to 2 pokemon until the 3rd gym. The way this hack is done though I may have to rethink that strategy. It did say to swap out your team etc. If this game can make me have to build up a team of more than 6 pokemon for different scenarios then that's quite impressive.

How have you found it so far?

It's definitely a challenge, certainly very hard to predict what's coming from whatever you're up against, even into late game when you have a set team, it's essential to rotate because there's just so many battles which can flip you over and tickle your belly. You'll get confident in a team and then come up against bosses which will maul you if you don't have the mix right.

It's good fun anyway, I like to dip into Pokémon in spurts, I'll play for a couple months and then leave it a year, keeps the nostalgia strong. I played Clover back in '17 when even then it was a fully fledged FireRed hack, all the 8 gyms and whole modded Kanto region was in place but they've just last week added a whole new region post-game which is meant to be even bigger. So I've had to start again and have now put in 40+ hours in just over a week lol

49 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It's definitely a challenge, certainly very hard to predict what's coming from whatever you're up against, even into late game when you have a set team, it's essential to rotate because there's just so many battles which can flip you over and tickle your belly. You'll get confident in a team and then come up against bosses which will maul you if you don't have the mix right.

It's good fun anyway, I like to dip into Pokémon in spurts, I'll play for a couple months and then leave it a year, keeps the nostalgia strong. I played Clover back in '17 when even then it was a fully fledged FireRed hack, all the 8 gyms and whole modded Kanto region was in place but they've just last week added a whole new region post-game which is meant to be even bigger. So I've had to start again and have now put in 40+ hours in just over a week lol

Wow some serious play then. I've got it on my phone so in between work I am doing bits here and there. Sounds like this hack will keep me plenty busy. 

I've done the first gym. I traded for the prawn water/fighting looking thing. Managed to just scrape through. Whilst grinding on Route 3 I found some bug/fairy type which looked like a white eevee. Only encountered 1 whilst doing all the grinding so i presume its quite rare, will level this up.

I will leave EXP share turned on in the options menu and try and build up a good selection of pokemon. I had turned it off and was gonna grind one at a time but EXP share is a good bet for letting low levels catch up to build a bigger team.

The dialogue is a bit disappointing. Just no need for all the nonsensical swearing. Don't get me wrong, I swear myself, but it just doesn't look right in a Pokémon game. Then you have pokemon that look like spunk??? Just don't see the reason for doing it. I would get it if a child made the game but clearly adults have made the Hack and yet do immature things within the game.

God I sound so old lol

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Wow some serious play then. I've got it on my phone so in between work I am doing bits here and there. Sounds like this hack will keep me plenty busy. 

I've done the first gym. I traded for the prawn water/fighting looking thing. Managed to just scrape through. Whilst grinding on Route 3 I found some bug/fairy type which looked like a white eevee. Only encountered 1 whilst doing all the grinding so i presume its quite rare, will level this up.

I will leave EXP share turned on in the options menu and try and build up a good selection of pokemon. I had turned it off and was gonna grind one at a time but EXP share is a good bet for letting low levels catch up to build a bigger team.

The dialogue is a bit disappointing. Just no need for all the nonsensical swearing. Don't get me wrong, I swear myself, but it just doesn't look right in a Pokémon game. Then you have pokemon that look like spunk??? Just don't see the reason for doing it. I would get it if a child made the game but clearly adults have made the Hack and yet do immature things within the game.

God I sound so old lol

Mate, it's certainly not intended for the easily offended :sweating:

There are certainly a few things which cross the line, Vandash & Chantruth for example; just try to keep an open mind, the pay off is worth it.

Eevee looking thing, meh, evolves into bug/fairy mon which is pretty common at higher levels later in the game. Might be useful to you early on though so keep experimenting. Praunch is very good.

Just remember not to cheat! When you beat the elite 4 and the final boss if you've run codes or artificially edited anything the police will crash the scene and lock you in a cell . . . with no way out

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Mate, it's certainly not intended for the easily offended :sweating:

There are certainly a few things which cross the line, Vandash & Chantruth for example; just try to keep an open mind, the pay off is worth it.

Eevee looking thing, meh, evolves into bug/fairy mon which is pretty common at higher levels later in the game. Might be useful to you early on though so keep experimenting. Praunch is very good.

Just remember not to cheat! When you beat the elite 4 and the final boss if you've run codes or artificially edited anything the police will crash the scene and lock you in a cell . . . with no way out

Ha nice. I didn't plan on cheating. Now I certainly wont.

I wont focus too much on the bug/fairy mon then, might box it. 

The thing is i'm not easily offended at all lol. Just don't think it fits in with the Pokémon games. I'm sure ill be able to ignore it for the purpose of playing. Just think some normal dialogue would make the game so much more appealing

On 28/04/2020 at 15:55, kingcarr21 said:

Ha nice. I didn't plan on cheating. Now I certainly wont.

I wont focus too much on the bug/fairy mon then, might box it. 

The thing is i'm not easily offended at all lol. Just don't think it fits in with the Pokémon games. I'm sure ill be able to ignore it for the purpose of playing. Just think some normal dialogue would make the game so much more appealing

Any news? Im intrigued to find how the uninitiated would find this particular hack to be honest. Characters like Terry Davis don't exactly appeal to the general Pokémon fandom.

I'm currently down in what would be Fuschia City in Vanilla, it has a fully functioning Safari Zone and 4 of the things you can catch in there are very, very useful. This stage is abit of a wall though, the gym leader is tough and the rival battle is even harder, it will frustrate most players and you really have to know what you're doing. I remember this being one of the hardest stages back in 2017 on my original playthrough

11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Any news? Im intrigued to find how the uninitiated would find this particular hack to be honest. Characters like Terry Davis don't exactly appeal to the general Pokémon fandom.

I'm currently down in what would be Fuschia City in Vanilla, it has a fully functioning Safari Zone and 4 of the things you can catch in there are very, very useful. This stage is abit of a wall though, the gym leader is tough and the rival battle is even harder, it will frustrate most players and you really have to know what you're doing. I remember this being one of the hardest stages back in 2017 on my original playthrough

I am currently in Parax Town ( feels haunted, went inside a house and it disappeared). I am stuck on the Rival battle on Route 10. Went straight in after finding myself able to get through most battles. He wiped the floor with me. I love the fact that the rival switches pokemon to combat your type. Makes it so much more strategic.

So I am now grinding on Route 10 whilst using EXP share to level up a psychic type. My starter has reached final evolution so now looks like a suicide bomber. This game is just nuts.

I am really enjoying it though.