Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just went up against the rival again. Beat him quite easily. Once you get the upper hand and learn what each pokemon type is like then you can switch to the strong type before he does.

Now in burial tower

You're about to hit the cities and some interesting gym leaders are just around the corner. The Ruse Cruise and the time either side of it should've given you some decent options, I know alot of people used to go for Cheezeta because it was fire/fairy with water absorb but sure it got nerfed.

If you get a Blobbos from WT called Casanova keep it, it's basically a hundo Ditto which can be used to breed.

They've implemented quite a dynamic AI but its still possible to figure it out, loads of switching out going on, can be played to your advantage with setting up spikes/sticky webs ect. By Parax I had Semrust, Midrill, Felimbus and one more I picked up immediately outside Rock Tunnel which in still using now.

Caught my first shiny in Safari too, Krokling. I really, really want a Fireshitre lol but they're WT only so would have to breed for shiny.

I'll predict you find the cities relatively easy but your first real challenge will likely be Carlito . . .

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

You're about to hit the cities and some interesting gym leaders are just around the corner. The Ruse Cruise and the time either side of it should've given you some decent options, I know alot of people used to go for Cheezeta because it was fire/fairy with water absorb but sure it got nerfed.

If you get a Blobbos from WT called Casanova keep it, it's basically a hundo Ditto which can be used to breed.

They've implemented quite a dynamic AI but its still possible to figure it out, loads of switching out going on, can be played to your advantage with setting up spikes/sticky webs ect. By Parax I had Semrust, Midrill, Felimbus and one more I picked up immediately outside Rock Tunnel which in still using now.

Caught my first shiny in Safari too, Krokling. I really, really want a Fireshitre lol but they're WT only so would have to breed for shiny.

I'll predict you find the cities relatively easy but your first real challenge will likely be Carlito . . .

Sounds good. Yea ive seen plenty of different pokemon so far so its interesting to see the different types to go for.

Currently my team consists of

Crocker (The water/fighting Prawn I traded for first gym) Lvl 37

Chanalour Lvl 37

Fairilion Lvl 37

Lizakbar Lvl 38

Ribbizap Lvl 37

My 6th pokemon I keep swapping and levelling up different types. 

Ribbizap has found its way into my team all thanks to the move Uproar. Absolutely tanks.

51 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sounds good. Yea ive seen plenty of different pokemon so far so its interesting to see the different types to go for.

Currently my team consists of

Crocker (The water/fighting Prawn I traded for first gym) Lvl 37

Chanalour Lvl 37

Fairilion Lvl 37

Lizakbar Lvl 38

Ribbizap Lvl 37

My 6th pokemon I keep swapping and levelling up different types. 

Ribbizap has found its way into my team all thanks to the move Uproar. Absolutely tanks.

Karawn(soon to be Mabster), Lizakbar & Chanalour should see you far into the game, It's definitely worth looking into the latters evolutions because it could go one of two ways depending on what you need, but it's all about making the most from what you like in Pokémon and this game has plenty of variety to make use of. So I'll try not to give too much more away but if you have any good experiences, want advice or have any problems let me know.

edit: just realised Chanalour is already the evolved form, Grass/Steel. You already have fighting so it's for the best :thumbup:

Edited by Jaspa

21 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Karawn(soon to be Mabster), Lizakbar & Chanalour should see you far into the game, It's definitely worth looking into the latters evolutions because it could go one of two ways depending on what you need, but it's all about making the most from what you like in Pokémon and this game has plenty of variety to make use of. So I'll try not to give too much more away but if you have any good experiences, want advice or have any problems let me know.

edit: just realised Chanalour is already the evolved form, Grass/Steel. You already have fighting so it's for the best :thumbup:

Ive just beat snoop. Mabster started to not follow orders against Snoop. Glad to have the 4th badge now. Now in Beehive city but the gym leader is out on a bike ride. So need to continue the story. Ive done the Troll hall (I think its called) and picked up a dark type.

Is it worth trying to get 9999 coins to get the cellar key or the pokemon worth 9999?

All Pokémon level 42 atm. Snoop was a tough fight. Im finding the need to use different moves. In all other games you can just tank with super effective attacks but in this game you really need to consider other strategies to be effective. Lowering stats etc. Still enjoying the game. Will plow on and see when I next get stuck.

54 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive just beat snoop. Mabster started to not follow orders against Snoop. Glad to have the 4th badge now. Now in Beehive city but the gym leader is out on a bike ride. So need to continue the story. Ive done the Troll hall (I think its called) and picked up a dark type.

Is it worth trying to get 9999 coins to get the cellar key or the pokemon worth 9999?

All Pokémon level 42 atm. Snoop was a tough fight. Im finding the need to use different moves. In all other games you can just tank with super effective attacks but in this game you really need to consider other strategies to be effective. Lowering stats etc. Still enjoying the game. Will plow on and see when I next get stuck.

Dark types can be useful and I keep having to shuffle the deck between ghost/dark to get what I want. Recently picked up a steel/dragon which has taken over Shurismash's position and the loss of a rock type is causing problems occasionally. The thing is though there's so much variety it's not a problem to rotate.

Farfigtron for 9999 coins was worth it for me, he's a fire/fighting type with competitive stats, No Guard as the ability w/Blaze Kick, Jump Kick, Sword Dance & Rock Smash. It's a very luxurious price if you don't know about Chompest theiving but it's quite a handy Pokémon. Cellar key gives you a legendary Pokémon encounter which I'm saving for later on.

Just have a snoop around the Cities, it's the usual Rocket/Silph tower and underground thing, check all the buildings and make sure you know how to get into the sewers after you've cleared the teleporter building, got the keycard and encountered Little Bro.

Freddy is out on a bike ride, he caused me big problems on my first play through. So you're progressing nicely. I think they also did quite well with the custom sound design, Darude Sandstorm playing for every leader battle lol

Im on Outcast(Cinnabar) Island trying to figure out what to do next, this gym leader is out too so I'm surfing around everywhere.

Edited by Jaspa

On 02/05/2020 at 15:38, Jaspa said:

Dark types can be useful and I keep having to shuffle the deck between ghost/dark to get what I want. Recently picked up a steel/dragon which has taken over Shurismash's position and the loss of a rock type is causing problems occasionally. The thing is though there's so much variety it's not a problem to rotate.

Farfigtron for 9999 coins was worth it for me, he's a fire/fighting type with competitive stats, No Guard as the ability w/Blaze Kick, Jump Kick, Sword Dance & Rock Smash. It's a very luxurious price if you don't know about Chompest theiving but it's quite a handy Pokémon. Cellar key gives you a legendary Pokémon encounter which I'm saving for later on.

Just have a snoop around the Cities, it's the usual Rocket/Silph tower and underground thing, check all the buildings and make sure you know how to get into the sewers after you've cleared the teleporter building, got the keycard and encountered Little Bro.

Freddy is out on a bike ride, he caused me big problems on my first play through. So you're progressing nicely. I think they also did quite well with the custom sound design, Darude Sandstorm playing for every leader battle lol

Im on Outcast(Cinnabar) Island trying to figure out what to do next, this gym leader is out too so I'm surfing around everywhere.

Ive just beat Carlito. Beat him with just 1 pokemon. My water prawn dude with Quick Claw and crabhammer spamming. Which was really lucky as his last pokemon wiped out my whole team spamming earthquake lol. So beat him on 2nd try. So now just got the poop flute.

I got stuck in the City. Couldn't find little bro, then I remembered the locked door in the sewer so I got lucky in finding him.

The fight with Carlito has worried me. Earthquake wiped out my whole team. Need to gather some more flying types. Ive got one (the cloud cat thing) which is a high level but I think I could do with 1 more.

Ill carry on 

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive just beat Carlito. Beat him with just 1 pokemon. My water prawn dude with Quick Claw and crabhammer spamming. Which was really lucky as his last pokemon wiped out my whole team spamming earthquake lol. So beat him on 2nd try. So now just got the poop flute.

I got stuck in the City. Couldn't find little bro, then I remembered the locked door in the sewer so I got lucky in finding him.

The fight with Carlito has worried me. Earthquake wiped out my whole team. Need to gather some more flying types. Ive got one (the cloud cat thing) which is a high level but I think I could do with 1 more.

Ill carry on 

Should've thought Mabster would deal with him tbh, especially with drain punch. He caused me real problems though, my water/ground main, Semdemen was all I really had to use and one of his mons had bullet seed so it was tricky. Just recently though I've gone into the options and changed the battle style to shift, which makes it feel more familiar and gives me an opportunity to switch out when the AI does at no penalty.

Deathorous is just under the OU category, I like to use it as my dark type to thief things because of it speed and practicality. This run I've dropped it to the box though as I have another set of wings who is poison type too and can spore quickly and set up sticky webs ect. and have brought in a monster Ghost type which is taking an age to level up, aswell as a steel/dragon.

I was being dumb too, the gym leader on Outcast was on the island after all. You're not all too far off me really, once you deal with the next gym and battle infront of Safari Zone you're one gym away from me, my Mons are just hitting the 60s and I've been using alot of time trying to Wondertrade rares and leveling up very xp hungry beasties.

Seen Cacademon used a few times, ground/poison and should poison on contact. It's possible to see the game out with your original Pokémon but I would suggest finding things which are reliable and have specific properties. Earthquake is a very common move in this game.

Let me know how you get on with the battles in Esfores ;)

16 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Should've thought Mabster would deal with him tbh, especially with drain punch. He caused me real problems though, my water/ground main, Semdemen was all I really had to use and one of his mons had bullet seed so it was tricky. Just recently though I've gone into the options and changed the battle style to shift, which makes it feel more familiar and gives me an opportunity to switch out when the AI does at no penalty.

Deathorous is just under the OU category, I like to use it as my dark type to thief things because of it speed and practicality. This run I've dropped it to the box though as I have another set of wings who is poison type too and can spore quickly and set up sticky webs ect. and have brought in a monster Ghost type which is taking an age to level up, aswell as a steel/dragon.

I was being dumb too, the gym leader on Outcast was on the island after all. You're not all too far off me really, once you deal with the next gym and battle infront of Safari Zone you're one gym away from me, my Mons are just hitting the 60s and I've been using alot of time trying to Wondertrade rares and leveling up very xp hungry beasties.

Seen Cacademon used a few times, ground/poison and should poison on contact. It's possible to see the game out with your original Pokémon but I would suggest finding things which are reliable and have specific properties. Earthquake is a very common move in this game.

Let me know how you get on with the battles in Esfores ;)

Kanye the gym leader has ruined me. My team are level 50 which is about on par with Kanye but the Earthquake spamming has really given me a problem. So now ive just swapped out 3 of my team in order to level up some other pokemon. Problem is there are no good spots for grinding. The amount of xp earnt in this game I just don't get. Its really bizarre. So I feel like ive hit a brick wall. I will grind as best as I can. I might visit old cities and see if there are any secret items ive missed. I wanted to wait for Surf though before doing this which I need Kanye badge.

I switched the battle mode straight away. I think I would have gave up on this game if I hadn't lol.

Gonna try Kanye again. 

Ive beat Kanye, making a couple of changes to my team made a huge difference. I then went to use surf and it says I need the badge. I forgot the 5th gym (Freddie Mercury) lol 

So ive just gone back and beat him comfortably. I was 5 levels higher than his strongest.

Im supposed to be working lol 

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Kanye the gym leader has ruined me. My team are level 50 which is about on par with Kanye but the Earthquake spamming has really given me a problem. So now ive just swapped out 3 of my team in order to level up some other pokemon. Problem is there are no good spots for grinding. The amount of xp earnt in this game I just don't get. Its really bizarre. So I feel like ive hit a brick wall. I will grind as best as I can. I might visit old cities and see if there are any secret items ive missed. I wanted to wait for Surf though before doing this which I need Kanye badge.

I switched the battle mode straight away. I think I would have gave up on this game if I hadn't lol.

Gonna try Kanye again. 

To get surf you need to beat Viol infront of Safari Zone, it's probably more difficult than Kayne and it shouldn't take you long to realise why, so congratulations if you've already taken care of it without thinking lol You'll also find Rock Smash inside Safari as well as 3 psuesdo-legendaries

The switching out was my biggest problem with Kanye, he just wouldn't let me get a clean hit on anything but I managed to spore a few of his team and chipped away, my Semdemen again the glue which holds it together, especially given you can only use 4 items per battle.

I managed to thief a couple of Lucky Eggs by the time I got into the cities, I'm pretty sure someone gives you one somewhere too. Right before you get into Esfores there's a rainy route which spawns Goats, those things give you a huge amount of xp for what they are and better to yet if you have eggs, I'm talking nearly 2k xp for one or two moves against a normal type common spawn. So the xp is there but like me you'll have to grind up specifically for gym leaders.

Still working my way up to the last gym, I did manage to get 3 perfect IV Blobbos from spamming wonder trade like a sadcase though which means I'm gonna rebreed my whole team when I find Destiny Knot

Edited by Jaspa

15 hours ago, Jaspa said:

To get surf you need to beat Viol infront of Safari Zone, it's probably more difficult than Kayne and it shouldn't take you long to realise why, so congratulations if you've already taken care of it without thinking lol You'll also find Rock Smash inside Safari as well as 3 psuesdo-legendaries

The switching out was my biggest problem with Kanye, he just wouldn't let me get a clean hit on anything but I managed to spore a few of his team and chipped away, my Semdemen again the glue which holds it together, especially given you can only use 4 items per battle.

I managed to thief a couple of Lucky Eggs by the time I got into the cities, I'm pretty sure someone gives you one somewhere too. Right before you get into Esfores there's a rainy route which spawns Goats, those things give you a huge amount of xp for what they are and better to yet if you have eggs, I'm talking nearly 2k xp for one or two moves against a normal type common spawn. So the xp is there but like me you'll have to grind up specifically for gym leaders.

Still working my way up to the last gym, I did manage to get 3 perfect IV Blobbos from spamming wonder trade like a sadcase though which means I'm gonna rebreed my whole team when I find Destiny Knot

I had already got Surf, I just couldn't use it outside of battle. 

The best move I have atm is Attract on my Ribbizap. He has taken down some huge challenges with Attract. In fact I may put attract on everyone lol 

I got a lucky egg and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I tested it out and found the egg made no difference. I battled the same thing twice with/without and got the same xp. So not sure what's going on there.

Who are the 3 psuesdo - legendaries you refer to in the safari one? I wonder if I have one and its in my box.

I am now onto the 7th Gym Leader. I am surfing around and grinding atm as the leader beat me. Managed to do some damage though so I do not think it will be too difficult.

The 4 item thing I only found out when in a Gym Leader battle and I was going to out maneuver them with constant healing. That alone has made this challenge really difficult. Im not looking forward to the Elite 4 lol 

33 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I had already got Surf, I just couldn't use it outside of battle. 

The best move I have atm is Attract on my Ribbizap. He has taken down some huge challenges with Attract. In fact I may put attract on everyone lol 

I got a lucky egg and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I tested it out and found the egg made no difference. I battled the same thing twice with/without and got the same xp. So not sure what's going on there.

Who are the 3 psuesdo - legendaries you refer to in the safari one? I wonder if I have one and its in my box.

I am now onto the 7th Gym Leader. I am surfing around and grinding atm as the leader beat me. Managed to do some damage though so I do not think it will be too difficult.

The 4 item thing I only found out when in a Gym Leader battle and I was going to out maneuver them with constant healing. That alone has made this challenge really difficult. Im not looking forward to the Elite 4 lol 

Dragun, Derpato & Spookster; the latter being an absolute monster fully evolved. You'll also find Honrade & a blue bug thing which can be useful.

Polk was quite easy to be honest, it was only the fish which threw a spanner in the works. I've now done the gyms, one more battle and I'm onto victory road. There is the small matter of retraining my whole team as WonderTrade threw up some diamonds but I wouldn't recommend anyone do the same.

No idea what the egg issue is although I have noticed I get nearly no XP when I've changed my entire team around sometimes.

The lucky egg is hit and miss. Ill keep using it and see how it goes. Im currently on my way to the crystal cavern, just going where I can before I try the 7th gym again. Ribbizap just learned a new move (Boom burst I think it called). 140 damage with 100 accuracy, no side effects and has 10PP. He really is a beast. Just a shame he doesn't evolve. He is a tank for me now.

All my pokemon are currently level 58. I've saved all my Rare candies, think ive got 6. Gonna tank up 1 pokemon before the Elite 4 (I assume there is an E4).

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

The lucky egg is hit and miss. Ill keep using it and see how it goes. Im currently on my way to the crystal cavern, just going where I can before I try the 7th gym again. Ribbizap just learned a new move (Boom burst I think it called). 140 damage with 100 accuracy, no side effects and has 10PP. He really is a beast. Just a shame he doesn't evolve. He is a tank for me now.

All my pokemon are currently level 58. I've saved all my Rare candies, think ive got 6. Gonna tank up 1 pokemon before the Elite 4 (I assume there is an E4).

Substantial post game. There's an elite 4 plus one, then you have another route which opens up from there to a new village with some woods and an abandoned town. Also all the different legendaries become available. Then you have battle channel which hasn't been completed yet for online play but should be in somehow eventually and a whole new story mode on the Ebin Islands, so basically you're a quarter of the way through, if that :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Substantial post game. There's an elite 4 plus one, then you have another route which opens up from there to a new village with some woods and an abandoned town. Also all the different legendaries become available. Then you have battle channel which hasn't been completed yet for online play but should be in somehow eventually and a whole new story mode on the Ebin Islands, so basically you're a quarter of the way through, if that :thumbup:

That's mental. 

I've now got all 8 badges so I am on my way to victory road. Last gym leader wasn't too bad. Just had to keep swapping Pokémon to break the cycle in order to get a super effective hit.

I can see the elite 4 and rival now. Smashing me all over and making me want to pull my eyes out lol. I've still not found Strength, I assume I haven't missed it as I've been able to progress through the game.

Just started this myself, the dialogue feels like an edgy flash game on newgrounds at times but I can get over it if the game itself is good.  The wii shopping channel theme though lol 

Is there any point to the junk balls?  Still early in the game but I'm catching every new mon I see and I feel like I still have plenty enough balls & money that they serve no relevant purpose.

I've beaten Brock but he took out half my team with his blatantly EV trained mons so I'm taking a break to EV train my Hosajack on Birdhouses in the forest since they return 1 def and 1 spdef and the exp return is fairly negligible so I'm not over levelling which is perfect.  I'm only going to bother EV training the one mon for now though since it's so grindy and from what you guys are saying most of my current team will be obsolete before long anyway so I only really want to do it with the guys I'm expecting to make permanent team members out of.

Has anybody got a Chanolour or Venowatt?  I'm looking at the evolutions of my early captures to see who I should keep for the long term and they both look like solid choices.

27 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've beaten Brock but he took out half my team with his blatantly EV trained mons so I'm taking a break to EV train my Hosajack on Birdhouses in the forest since they return 1 def and 1 spdef and the exp return is fairly negligible so I'm not over levelling which is perfect.  I'm only going to bother EV training the one mon for now though since it's so grindy and from what you guys are saying most of my current team will be obsolete before long anyway so I only really want to do it with the guys I'm expecting to make permanent team members out of.

Has anybody got a Chanolour or Venowatt?  I'm looking at the evolutions of my early captures to see who I should keep for the long term and they both look like solid choices.

My Chanolour is currently level 75 and for me is a must for his Steel moves. Iron Head has tanked its way through many Pokémon. You need a Leaf Stone to evolve it though. I found one when I think he was around level 40. Well worth keeping. Obviously Fire moves ruin him.

Im still enjoying the game. The dialogue is really random but its actually not bothered me as much as I thought it would. You will come across some really testing moments.

Im just grinding my team up in order to fight the elite 4. 6 pokemon currently at level 74/75 so will prob grind to 80 then try the elite 4.

My team

Chanolour Grass/Steel Lv 75

Fairileon Bug/Fairy Lv 74

Lizakbar Fire/Dark Lv 74 (Starter)

Mabster Water/Fight Lv 75

Ribbizap Electric Lv 74

Deathorus Flying/Dark Lv 74

Elite 4 and champion done. Wasnt overly difficult. The extra grinding in Victory road was the turning point.

Now onto the next part. Just caught Baddon. Wondering if he's worth levelling up. The fact he has a move called Dildo Cannon tells me not too lol 

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Chanalour can be handy but it's alternative evo Kuurumba gets Huge Power as it's ability which can turn it into a beast. Venowatt is somewhat of a fans favourite in places, great typing and stays relevant late into the game. There's so much variety to pick from though I've essentially stopped progressing pre-E4 to build a new team; a grass/dragon Frutagon being a main component of that with Viristal also coming in to backup my Spookzilla, Semdemen, Farfigtron & Smoxilion.

I haven't found it too grindy, the game is well thought out and you'll find spots which spawn very xp friendly mons, just remember early on to thief everything because people carry nuggets, amulets, leftovers ect.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Elite 4 and champion done. Wasnt overly difficult. The extra grinding in Victory road was the turning point.

Now onto the next part. Just caught Baddon. Wondering if he's worth levelling up. The fact he has a move called Dildo Cannon tells me not too lol 

You've flown through, fair play. Enjoy Inawoods, all the gym leaders going at you two at a time in a winter wonderland. Baddon has uses and great stats . . . it is a box of dildos though which is useful to some but not most lol

Edited by Jaspa

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Chanalour can be handy but it's alternative evo Kuurumba gets Huge Power as it's ability which can turn it into a beast. Venowatt is somewhat of a fans favourite in places, great typing and stays relevant late into the game. There's so much variety to pick from though I've essentially stopped progressing pre-E4 to build a new team; a grass/dragon Frutagon being a main component of that with Viristal also coming in to backup my Spookzilla, Semdemen, Farfigtron & Smoxilion.

I haven't found it too grindy, the game is well thought out and you'll find spots which spawn very xp friendly mons, just remember early on to thief everything because people carry nuggets, amulets, leftovers ect.

You've flown through, fair play. Enjoy Inawoods, all the gym leaders going at you two at a time in a winter wonderland. Baddon has uses and great stats . . . it is a box of dildos though which is useful to some but not most lol

Yea I've gave up on him straight away. Dragon type just doing do it for me anymore. So many fairy mons in the game to ruin them.

Working my way through the snow bit. I've had the speed up to x4 so grinding has been really easy. Like you said, I've not spent much time grinding at all. 

Done with wonder trade, finally got my Fireshi! 192hr gametime which has mainly been speedboosted grinding WT trying to get this thing. Now just to breed them to have the right natures & hidden abilities, grind them up to an acceptable level and off I go again.

55 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea I've gave up on him straight away. Dragon type just doing do it for me anymore. So many fairy mons in the game to ruin them.

Working my way through the snow bit. I've had the speed up to x4 so grinding has been really easy. Like you said, I've not spent much time grinding at all. 

I never used it in my first playthrough, although Batterex was one of my main mons then and pulled me through alot of it. After you've done up there and made it to the battle channel it's all new territory for me.  I wouldn't recommend grinding WT as it's time consuming but it's given me great options for the team and speedboosting always makes grinding up for gyms easier, when it comes to EV training ect. I'm a pleb tbh, OG Crystal was my last proper Pokemon I could be bothered with as a kid so natures and EV/IV stuff has all been a learning curve.

Edited by Jaspa

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

My Chanolour is currently level 75 and for me is a must for his Steel moves. Iron Head has tanked its way through many Pokémon. You need a Leaf Stone to evolve it though. I found one when I think he was around level 40. Well worth keeping. Obviously Fire moves ruin him.

Im still enjoying the game. The dialogue is really random but its actually not bothered me as much as I thought it would. You will come across some really testing moments.

Im just grinding my team up in order to fight the elite 4. 6 pokemon currently at level 74/75 so will prob grind to 80 then try the elite 4.

My team

Chanolour Grass/Steel Lv 75

Fairileon Bug/Fairy Lv 74

Lizakbar Fire/Dark Lv 74 (Starter)

Mabster Water/Fight Lv 75

Ribbizap Electric Lv 74

Deathorus Flying/Dark Lv 74

This is what I'm thinking, I'm looking at his speed and attack but also the grass typing will be handy because the mons I'm collecting/looking at all tend towards a ground weakness.

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Tbf huge power on a fighting type is beast and that would help even more with the ground issue than Chanelour.  Venowatt I'm not sure on since I'm currently getting a lot of use out of its speed which it will lose on evolving, also the poison/electric type is cool but I already have a poison type and it doubles up the ground weakness.  But again I adore the Proboskito form for the shameless cheesiness of it carrying two STAB damage+healing moves in Leech Life and Para Charge.  

Currently my team's at:

Lv26 Hosajack (1st evo of the water starter).  Water/poison. EV trained in def/spded up to max minus whatever EVs it already had from normal play before training.

Lv23 Clovour. Grass. One to keep, most likely to be a Chanelour but Kuurumba's getting 2nd thoughts.

Lv22 Chompest. Rock/Dark.  Another keeper, the evolution Vaultevoir has a great Steel/Dark typing, another one to max out EVs on def/spdef then abuse stockpile and its insane base attack.  Alternatively I could put a strong physical move on him and turn him into a trick room sweeper.

Lv24 Proboskito. Bug/Electric.  Not sure about keeping it on for the Venowatt

Lv25 Frieden. Normal/Flying.  No plans on keeping but useful for type balance for now.

Lv24 Kekroach.  Dark/Bug.  Again no plans on keeping but he's speedy, provides good type cover and he has thief which I've just learned from the comments above could net me more than just the odd berry so I'll be making use of that while I have him.

Another mon I'm very keen on getting once I can revive fossils is Tricillion.  Rock/Steel with basically no speed or special attack but with 110+ in all the other stats, utterly monstrous and another great trick sweep candidate to go with Vaultevoir.  This is another reason why I'm leaning towards a Chanelour for my Clovourlution because none of my other long-term mon have remarkable speed so he'd really balance us out in that respect.  This would all eventually leave me with the types:

Water/Poison
Grass/Steel(/Fighting)

Steel/Dark

Rock/Steel

Poison/Electric (maybe)

My next priority is to find a cool psychic type because I refuse to build a team without at least one, if I can find one with trick room for the cheese on my slow boys even better.  When I figure out who that's going to be I'll be able to decide if I should keep Venowatt for good or swap it for better coverage.

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is what I'm thinking, I'm looking at his speed and attack but also the grass typing will be handy because the mons I'm collecting/looking at all tend towards a ground weakness.

Tbf huge power on a fighting type is beast and that would help even more with the ground issue than Chanelour.  Venowatt I'm not sure on since I'm currently getting a lot of use out of its speed which it will lose on evolving, also the poison/electric type is cool but I already have a poison type and it doubles up the ground weakness.  But again I adore the Proboskito form for the shameless cheesiness of it carrying two STAB damage+healing moves in Leech Life and Para Charge.  

Currently my team's at:

Lv26 Hosajack (1st evo of the water starter).  Water/poison. EV trained in def/spded up to max minus whatever EVs it already had from normal play before training.

Lv23 Clovour. Grass. One to keep, most likely to be a Chanelour but Kuurumba's getting 2nd thoughts.

Lv22 Chompest. Rock/Dark.  Another keeper, the evolution Vaultevoir has a great Steel/Dark typing, another one to max out EVs on def/spdef then abuse stockpile and its insane base attack.  Alternatively I could put a strong physical move on him and turn him into a trick room sweeper.

Lv24 Proboskito. Bug/Electric.  Not sure about keeping it on for the Venowatt

Lv25 Frieden. Normal/Flying.  No plans on keeping but useful for type balance for now.

Lv24 Kekroach.  Dark/Bug.  Again no plans on keeping but he's speedy, provides good type cover and he has thief which I've just learned from the comments above could net me more than just the odd berry so I'll be making use of that while I have him.

Another mon I'm very keen on getting once I can revive fossils is Tricillion.  Rock/Steel with basically no speed or special attack but with 110+ in all the other stats, utterly monstrous and another great trick sweep candidate to go with Vaultevoir.  This is another reason why I'm leaning towards a Chanelour for my Clovourlution because none of my other long-term mon have remarkable speed so he'd really balance us out in that respect.  This would all eventually leave me with the types:

Water/Poison
Grass/Steel(/Fighting)

Steel/Dark

Rock/Steel

Poison/Electric (maybe)

My next priority is to find a cool psychic type because I refuse to build a team without at least one, if I can find one with trick room for the cheese on my slow boys even better.  When I figure out who that's going to be I'll be able to decide if I should keep Venowatt for good or swap it for better coverage.

An electric/psychic I've run will probably interest you, Tripsius. High basestats, very quick and has skill link so can be abused by using multi-hit physical moves w/King's Rock. You can its first evo from the casino shop cheap and i can also be found in Safari & around Lake Virgin. Never know though, Shiriman might also be right up your alley lol

Ground coverage is very important, Earthquake's a common nuisance. Kuuroba's only problem for me would be the grind up to lvl.60 because by that stage you'll have even more ideas to work with.

My current team is:

Spookzilla - Ghost - Adament/Cursed Body

Semdemen - Ground/Water - Timid/Immunity

Frutagon - Grass/Dragon - Jolly/Rough Skin

Smoxilion - Poison/Flying - Bold/White Smoke

Fireshitre - Fire/Poison - Timid/Levitate

Tripsius - Electric/Psychic - Calm/Skill Link

and I rotate with a few more and yet to breed IVs & natures with a few I'm still running so definitely a work in progress and I'll swap out and adapt as I go.

Edited by Jaspa

7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

An electric/psychic I've run will probably interest you, Tripsius. High basestats, very quick and has skill link so can be abused by using multi-hit physical moves w/King's Rock. You can its first evo from the casino shop cheap and i can also be found in Safari & around Lake Virgin. Never know though, Shiriman might also be right up your alley lol

Ground coverage is very important, Earthquake's a common nuisance. Kuuroba's only problem for me would be the grind up to lvl.60 because by that stage you'll have even more ideas to work with.

My current team is:

Spookzilla - Ghost - Adament/Cursed Body

Semdemen - Ground/Water - Timid/Immunity

Frutagon - Grass/Dragon - Jolly/Rough Skin

Smoxilion - Poison/Flying - Bold/White Smoke

Fireshitre - Fire/Poison - Timid/Levitate

Tripsius - Electric/Psychic - Calm/Skill Link

and I rotate with a few more and yet to breed IVs & natures with a few I'm still running so definitely a work in progress and I'll swap out and adapt as I go.

I have looked at its dex entry, weirdly it's not the only psychic/electric mix in the game.  It's definitely up there with the better candidates but it brings me back to the same old story of building the team up to get slapped down by a few well placed earthquakes.  Same problem for Uwotto who also looks pretty sick.  At the moment I have it narrowed down to:

Elephas: Normal/Psychic type is a really good pairing with only 2 weaknesses so it can be safely switched in to most scenarios.  On the other hand it has only 2 resistances and the lowest base stats of my candidates, but the focus on both defences and hp mean it should have a fair amount of staying power.

Dowster: Ghost/Psychic is another cool 2 weakness pairing but this time they're both 4x.  It has more resistances though to make up for it.  Looks to be a really good choice for a joint physical/special glass cannon sweeper type if you can do something about the base speed which is too low to really benefit from EVs but too high to be a trick room candidate.  You could make an argument for it being given any of the choice items.

Lossolith:  Steel/Psychic but it has levitate to offset ground, it still has the fire weakness which is another common one amongst the mons I'm eyeing up but I'm already solid dealing with fire types.  Only 3 weakness (all 2x) and 4 regular damage types, everything else is resisted or straight up ineffectual (including immunity to the dreaded ground moves) and whatever does hit has ungodly defensive stats to deal with.  Nothing special on the damage front so wouldn't particularly benefit from trick room on his low speed but I can't imagine this game has a cheesier toxic wall than this dude (Unjoy has a vastly superior HP for stalling mons out but is only really of use against special attackers).  Low HP could be an issue.

Tunakking:  Fire/Psychic.  Special sweeper, basically a slightly slower, weaker, Alakazam with better overall bulk but more weaknesses.  Another one with levitate to cancel out the ground moves.  Probably my favourite option but can only be obtained through the Wonder Trade which I've only been getting trash mon out of so far.

Honestly any of those guys seem decent to me.  I'm just passing the crashed UFO now so I'll start off with the Dowster line and see where things go from there,.

One thing that's been concerning me as I look over the dex entries is how none of the psychic mons I've looked at appear to have any way of learning trick room.  There's apparently a move tutor for it but the move itself doesn't show up on any of the learnsets I've looked at which is really weird because it's a psychic move so they should be prime candidates for it.  The article on trick room itself doesn't list the mons who can learn it so I'm hoping it's just an oversight on the wiki page.  My plans could change significantly if I get to Parax town and nobody can learn the damn move I've planned half my team around!