Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:26, Foxhateram said:

Guys could you please add this other account im working on.

9918 2523 4893

Careful. I've been kicked from the Leicester Pokémon facebook group 3 times for having Dual accounts. Hopefully they are nicer in Devon.

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Careful. I've been kicked from the Leicester Pokémon facebook group 3 times for having Dual accounts. Hopefully they are nicer in Devon.

Really? It's my friends but he struggles with some special needs so I help him. He likes to look at the Pokémon but can't go and get them etc.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Still have to meet up again when we're lucky friends

How likely is that... I mean I send/receive gifts to 10-20 people almost daily and don’t have one yet?

Hi All,

Been meaning to jump in this thread for a while.

Friend of mine had managed to get this son (12) interested in walking and exercise with pokemon go. I do a hell of a lot of walking and I've been trying to get my son (7) involved with me to get him away from just sitting on the ipad all day. Pokemon go seemed a great distraction and so we've started playing pokemon go. What I mean by that really is that I know where some of the basic station or gyms or whatever are and he's happy to come on a walk with me providing we stop at the park, stop at the lake to feed the ducks, and visit some pokestops and also catch some pokemon as and when we stop walking for a rest.

So far so good, but he's now asking me questions I can't answer... please can you help me with following:

We have loads of pidgeys etc. I know you can get rid for candy... should I be doing this? How do we decide which one to keep?

Trial and error we put a Mr Mime in a local gym our team (YELLOW!) holds. What is the point of this? Any benefit? Can the pokemon get stronger as a result?

We had to choose a buddy - he loved the crab so our buddy is a crab. Does it really matter which pokemon is your buddy? Whats it all about?

At pokestops we get razzberries or gifts. My boy often throws the fruit before the ball to catch... should he? What are the 'gifts' for?

Incubators... are they multi-use or do they get 'used up'?

How do you make your pokemon stronger other than spending candies on them? Is there another way or not?

Any point in battling?

Any other tips you can give us?

I don't know how long he'll continue wanting to walk with me; but its really got him even enjoying the outdoors; so its been a great benefit already.

Our trainer code is 3675 7786 2888 - Dylan would be delighted if you'd become a friend ! 

James

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

We have loads of pidgeys etc. I know you can get rid for candy... should I be doing this? How do we decide which one to keep?

Candy is needed for 'levelling up' your pokemon (i.e. increasing it's CP, which makes it stronger) and also evolving the pokemon (if it has any evolutions). You can definitely get rid of the majority without any bother - I always like to keep at least one of each species (and each evolution) if possible. In terms of which one to keep, so long as you're just playing casually then there's really no difference - you'd probably just keep the highest CP. If you want to take it more seriously then each pokemon has hidden stats which decide how strong it is - there are other apps which can help you find this out. Far from necessary to play the game though, so I usually don't worry about this at all

Trial and error we put a Mr Mime in a local gym our team (YELLOW!) holds. What is the point of this? Any benefit? Can the pokemon get stronger as a result?

The longer your pokemon stays in the gym, the more coins you get rewarded for it (when it is eventually knocked out). Up to 50 coins per day can be earned this way, which you can then use in the store to buy upgrades, incubators etc.

We had to choose a buddy - he loved the crab so our buddy is a crab. Does it really matter which pokemon is your buddy? Whats it all about?

Every few km you walk with your buddy pokemon selected (different distance required for each species) you'll receive a candy for that pokemon. Other than this, it's just cool to have a pokemon you like next to your avatar on that screen :) 

At pokestops we get razzberries or gifts. My boy often throws the fruit before the ball to catch... should he? What are the 'gifts' for?

Razz berries make it more likely to be a succesful catch, Pinaps double the number of candies you get if you do catch it, and Nanabs make the pokemon move less so its easier to hit a throw. That's about it!

Gifts are used to send to other players on your friends list. You can send and receive one gift to each friend per day, and the items you get are similar to spinning a pokestop.

Incubators... are they multi-use or do they get 'used up'?

You get one infinite use incubator and the rest are disposable (you get these as rewards for levelling up your account, or by buying from the store). Disposable ones are usable 3x. Good idea to use your infinite incubator on 2km eggs and disposable ones on the 10km eggs first, or 5km eggs.

How do you make your pokemon stronger other than spending candies on them? Is there another way or not?

Afaik that's the only way.

Any point in battling?

Sorry, just getting back into it myself so still figuring this part out! Battling in gyms weakens the opposition until eventually they're kicked out. Not so sure on how player battles work.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:15, The People's Hero said:

Only by stardust, which is the rarest commodity in the game. I'd only keep 3* pokemon or one best of each as you will run out of pokemon storage (you can buy more storage) You can find out how good it is by APPRAISE.

Tip, there are everyday field tasks and special research tasks. Your best pokemon will come from these. Plus if you look through the special tasks there are a few buddy rewards with walking specific pokemon which you can start on.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Phube said:

But at what cost to his face?!? :o:blink:

7701D302-1678-4936-BE50-EE68DCEC56F6.jpeg

THANK YOU!!!  Been feeling like I'm taking crazy pills seeing all these articles about Ash finally becoming Champion accompanied by a picture of a completely different character lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...