Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Try Ebay. 

Unfortunately have tried this and have had a bad experience.

I purchased Pokémon Sapphire and after playing it and saving the file ok, the next time I switched it on it had the error message ‘your save file has been deleted’.

After further reading it looks like there are lots of fake replicas on eBay of the Pokémon games and a lot of people have had the same problem.

21 minutes ago, MhrLCFC said:

I purchased Pokémon Sapphire and after playing it and saving the file ok, the next time I switched it on it had the error message ‘your save file has been deleted’.

After further reading it looks like there are lots of fake replicas on eBay of the Pokémon games and a lot of people have had the same problem.

Better off getting them from second hand shops like cex, they check all their game boy games so guaranteed real and get a 24 month warranty. Although they are pretty pricey. Think the original red was running at like £40 when I looked. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MhrLCFC said:

40 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Better off getting them from second hand shops like cex, they check all their game boy games so guaranteed real and get a 24 month warranty. Although they are pretty pricey. Think the original red was running at like £40 when I looked. 

Had similar issue with my original pokemon blue. 

It'll be the battery on the game card. Google how to replace them and buy the battery. It'll be a few quid max. 

Mine worked fine after that 🙂

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Download free emulator on your mobile and free Roms. Takes minutes and you can play all the games on your phone. I have multiple Roms on my phone including many hack games, which are better than the originals

Which one though? See loads of posts like this online and then the links/emulators never work.

The emulator i use is called 'My Boy', it is a GBA Emulator only. There is a lite version which is free and works no problem. I actually brought the main version for £4.49 which allows you to save your game at any point, great for Pokemon games when you want to catch a legendary for example. But the lite version works just as well.

Then once you have downloaded the emulator just go on google and search for 'GBA Roms'. There are loads of different games. You can download all GBA roms not just Pokemon. 

So if you want to stick to the main games you can download them from plenty of websites but i would highly recommend trying out the Pokemon Rom Hacks, fan made games with new stories, new maps and even Fakemon (Made up pokemon). You just need to scroll down and find the download button. I find Roms that download via 'Mediafire' or 'Mega' tend to always work.

Some good hacks to try out i would suggest

Pokemon Light Platinum

Pokemon Glazed

Pokemon Gaia

Pokemon Dark Rising ( This is actually a continuing story over 3 seperate games)

Pokemon Flora Sky

So once you have downloaded some rom files just open up the My Boy emulator and click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click refresh. Then search the files within the Emulator until you find the Rom download and just click on it. It should work. Honestly you can be playing all these games in mere minutes.

I am on a Huawei mobile so its an Android device, Though i used to have an Iphone before my Huawei and i had the Emulator on both phones, so Apple or Android you should be ok.

Let me know if you struggle and ill try to help. Also if you manage to get into a rom game you can increase the speed of the game, really helpful when you want to grind for XP.

22 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

The emulator i use is called 'My Boy', it is a GBA Emulator only. There is a lite version which is free and works no problem. I actually brought the main version for £4.49 which allows you to save your game at any point, great for Pokemon games when you want to catch a legendary for example. But the lite version works just as well.

Then once you have downloaded the emulator just go on google and search for 'GBA Roms'. There are loads of different games. You can download all GBA roms not just Pokemon. 

So if you want to stick to the main games you can download them from plenty of websites but i would highly recommend trying out the Pokemon Rom Hacks, fan made games with new stories, new maps and even Fakemon (Made up pokemon). You just need to scroll down and find the download button. I find Roms that download via 'Mediafire' or 'Mega' tend to always work.

Some good hacks to try out i would suggest

Pokemon Light Platinum

Pokemon Glazed

Pokemon Gaia

Pokemon Dark Rising ( This is actually a continuing story over 3 seperate games)

Pokemon Flora Sky

So once you have downloaded some rom files just open up the My Boy emulator and click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click refresh. Then search the files within the Emulator until you find the Rom download and just click on it. It should work. Honestly you can be playing all these games in mere minutes.

I am on a Huawei mobile so its an Android device, Though i used to have an Iphone before my Huawei and i had the Emulator on both phones, so Apple or Android you should be ok.

Let me know if you struggle and ill try to help. Also if you manage to get into a rom game you can increase the speed of the game, really helpful when you want to grind for XP.

Are you sure you had it on iPhone? It's not on the app store and when you go online you can only download .apk files which then do nothing once downloaded.

14 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Are you sure you had it on iPhone? It's not on the app store and when you go online you can only download .apk files which then do nothing once downloaded.

Thinking back i also used one called GBA4IOS. However i have just checked (i have an iphone for work) and i also cant find any emulators. I defo had it on Iphone as my Huawei is the first Android phone ive ever had. 

https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-install-gba4ios-in-ios-11-on-iphone-x-8-8-plus-7-6-nds4ios-roms/

This takes you to a page that explains how to do it. Maybe there is a go around in order to get the emulator onto your phone. It was much simpler when i had it on Iphone but it was a few years ago now 

On 08/02/2023 at 01:37, MhrLCFC said:

Bit of a long shot, does anybody still have any Pokémon Gameboy advance games they would be willing to sell? 

Ideally I’m looking for Pokémon Gold / Silver / Ruby / Sapphire or Emerald.

Many thanks. 

A bit late to this, but if you're local then Super Game Shack in The Silver Arcade in town has most of these games available. Some are still boxed and not cheap obviously, but I saw some unboxed versions for cheaper.

No idea if they check their games though as I only nip in for the Japanese trading cards.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

:celebrate:

Nice, series needs a refresh and hopefully this is that!  Nintendo Switch "Systems..."?  Switch 2 Q1 '25 is the worst kept secret in gaming so be nice to have that as a launch titled.

Always get good news on Pokemon day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Nice, series needs a refresh and hopefully this is that!  Nintendo Switch "Systems..."?  Switch 2 Q1 '25 is the worst kept secret in gaming so be nice to have that as a launch titled.

Always get good news on Pokemon day.

Series really does need a refresh, has become a bit stale in the past 5 years 

• 2 weeks later...