Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

Been ill these few days lads. Sorry if you're needing presents - I'm missing out on daily bonuses, field tasks, eggs, coins & distance too. Amongst other things

Found out something though, if you use Adventure Sync to track your distance with the game off, you can set your height to 11' tall in the settings so then the game has you walking a ludicrous distance for it. Might help if you're in a tight spot needing that 50km bonus

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Been ill these few days lads. Sorry if you're needing presents - I'm missing out on daily bonuses, field tasks, eggs, coins & distance too. Amongst other things

Found out something though, if you use Adventure Sync to track your distance with the game off, you can set your height to 11' tall in the settings so then the game has you walking a ludicrous distance for it. Might help if you're in a tight spot needing that 50km bonus

You can also mess about with time zones to get daily bonuses, if you miss a catch/stop/research task one day you can change your time zone to Honolulu on your phone and then you have until midday the next day to get your bonus.

Likewise you can set your time to Sydney to get the following day’s rewards etc early I did this to get an extra free single use incubator before the event ended (as an example).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not been playing this as much since the turn of the year, only thing affected though has been sending out prezzies consistently every day and hitting 50km a week, everything else's like clockwork though.

Did well in yesterday's Community Day got 7 shinies, one of them 96iv, and one non-shiny hundo despite starting an hour and a half late.

Heads up to whoever HBRS14 is too - we're super best Pokémon bumbuddies in only one more day so let me know what time to open the presents tomorrow please so I can drop an egg and get double xp x

Edited by Jaspa

22 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Not been playing this as much since the turn of the year, only thing affected though has been sending out prezzies consistently every day and hitting 50km a week, everything else's like clockwork though.

Did well in yesterday's Community Day got 7 shinies, one of them 96iv, and one non-shiny hundo despite starting an hour and a half late.

Heads up to whoever HBRS14 is too - we're super best Pokémon bumbuddies in only one more day so let me know what time to open the presents tomorrow please so I can drop an egg and get double xp x

That’s me buddy, I’ve been thinking the same thing. What XP do you get for it

4 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

That’s me buddy, I’ve been thinking the same thing. What XP do you get for it

100k xp usually, then x2 with lucky egg. Its one of the most lucrative sources of xp in the game especially when egged but it's just that you have to be consistent with presents for three months and can't be repeated with same person. I posted my friend code to a message board spreadsheet months ago though so I also get a dozen from Budapest, Brazil, America, Finland, Germany and The Nederlands almost daily and also means I have a steady stream of soon to be best Pokémon buddy xp bonuses. I'll drop the link to it in here if anyone's interested.

But yeah we have to time the opening of pressies tomorrow so we can make the most xp. 18:05 is good with me, gizza heads up if there's any problems pal :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

@Phube Careful, we are about to become Best friends in a week and as XP doesn't bother me, please time your gifts to put an egg on as I just open and send.

It’s alright I don’t have any XP eggs at the mo’. So I’ll just carry on as before! ?

16 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Starting to get into this now, although my best Pokemon are just shiny eevee evolutions. And I’ve got no friends.

Enter your deets into this and you'll have people from all over the world sending you friend requests - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y704lCr0e7BaecnM2DnYkTG0VMreysho8-uhoOJKp08/viewform?edit_requested=true

It will be put onto this spreadsheet which will have your details on if you post them and there;s hundreds of people and codes you can add yourself which will probably accept and send pressies usually consistantly to the third tier of PokePals - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQbvkTTblOyk6kqUIEW_ojwX48pXw-AcJ3-Pp3wsK45M86L79YL8lLSLHbx4g0qYrOY1siy6LCwj5_X/pubhtml

If you use the spreadsheet too go down to the more recent posts to find the people still most likely to be playing

• Like 1

They do love their bunnies and monkeys. Wish they would try some other animals.

Like a fire flamingo or a water alpaca lol 

Looking forward to seeing some of the other new features. Sword and Shield. I imagine sales for sword will be massive compared to shield. Who picks a shield over a sword lol 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

They do love their bunnies and monkeys. Wish they would try some other animals.

Like a fire flamingo or a water alpaca lol 

Looking forward to seeing some of the other new features. Sword and Shield. I imagine sales for sword will be massive compared to shield. Who picks a shield over a sword lol 

Saw someone mention that the rabbit and the newt were appropriate as the game is seemingly UK-themed so they're native species. The monkey makes no sense in that case though lol A grass-type badger, for instance, would have fit brilliantly.

Just praying that the bunny doesn't become yet another Fire/Fighting type. It's a boring typing that's massively overdone.

In my head, there's always been a divide in each generation with one game seemingly more popular, and I've always gone for the same (less popular) side, so I'll pick up Shield.

Red/Blue

Gold/Silver

Ruby/Sapphire

Diamond/Pearl

Sword/Shield

Edited by Xen

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Saw someone mention that the rabbit and the newt were appropriate as the game is seemingly UK-themed so they're native species. The monkey makes no sense in that case though lol

Just praying that the bunny doesn't become yet another Fire/Fighting type. It's a boring typing that's massively overdone.

In my head, there's always been a divide in each generation with one game seemingly more popular, and I've always gone for the same (less popular) side, so I'll pick up Shield.

Red/Blue

Gold/Silver

Ruby/Sapphire

Diamond/Pearl

Sword/Shield

Yea its been bizarre why they constantly went fire/fighting type. If this one is the same then ill steer clear. I will wait and see what pokemon are specific to each game before I decide.

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

Saw someone mention that the rabbit and the newt were appropriate as the game is seemingly UK-themed so they're native species. The monkey makes no sense in that case though lol A grass-type badger, for instance, would have fit brilliantly.

Red/Blue

Gold/Silver

Ruby/Sapphire

Diamond/Pearl

Sword/Shield

Silver was more popular than Gold because everybody wanted a Lugia, so really you need to get Sword to try and redress the balance a bit.  Agreed that fire/fighting can get in the bin.  I think something like Fire/Grass, Grass/Water, Water/Fire would be pretty cool but it'll never happen.

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Silver was more popular than Gold because everybody wanted a Lugia, so really you need to get Sword to try and redress the balance a bit.  Agreed that fire/fighting can get in the bin.  I think something like Fire/Grass, Grass/Water, Water/Fire would be pretty cool but it'll never happen.

Fair enough, although I still think of Silver as being the 'second' game in that gen. HeartGold/SoulSilver completely screws with the system though as they basically swapped for some weird reason.

Can't see them ever mixing the typings of the starters though, as awesome as that'd be.

I'd vote for Grass/Dark (chances are it'll be a gorilla, and I feel like this fits), Fire/Ground (works with the rabbit theme) and Water/Electric (I just think this'd be cool. Water/Poison might fit more with the styling though).

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Fair enough, although I still think of Silver as being the 'second' game in that gen. HeartGold/SoulSilver completely screws with the system though as they basically swapped for some weird reason.

Can't see them ever mixing the typings of the starters though, as awesome as that'd be.

I'd vote for Grass/Dark (chances are it'll be a gorilla, and I feel like this fits), Fire/Ground (works with the rabbit theme) and Water/Electric (I just think this'd be cool. Water/Poison might fit more with the styling though).

Could certainly see a grass/dark combo with the monkey starter. I would quite like there to be a bigger pool of starters to choose from.

Water

Grass

Fire

Electric

Ground

Poison

Choice of 6. Love me a poison type. Toxic is a beast of a move. It's why I loved Bulbasaur. Leech Seed and Toxic all the way