Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It is ridiculously easy

I'm playing it with my housemate, and there are way too many people randomly healing your pokemon along the way or the mine being too easy to navigate through. Would love some kind of levelling system that gives you the option to remove the aids almost

Yeah it's not the most challenging game, you have to set your own rules like no items in battle, completing routes without healing, or do a nuzlocke if you think you're up for it.  Oh and obviously battle style set always.  

I think they needed to have a way to turn off the exp share, pretty much no reason to have to grind levels anymore because most of the time you would turn up against the gym leaders are be equal level (most of the time I was usually over levelled because of how much exp you can get from just catching pokemon)

Definitely miss the days of when you used to actually struggle against gym leaders, where you would have to find the 1 pokemon in the area that could actually do something against the gym leader and spend hours grinding it up to a point where you can actually put up a fight against their whole team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If anyone is still playing pokemon go any chance you could add my dad as a friend please. lol

9989 9321 1854

I only installed it on my phone to get the 5IV, 0 speed Melmetal and the HA starters it gets you on Home for use in SwSh.  But if he plays real pokemon and wants one of my 0 speed Ferrothorns for SwSh tell him to hit me up, I have hundreds of the buggers from an ongoing shiny hunt. :P

20 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I only installed it on my phone to get the 5IV, 0 speed Melmetal and the HA starters it gets you on Home for use in SwSh.  But if he plays real pokemon and wants one of my 0 speed Ferrothorns for SwSh tell him to hit me up, I have hundreds of the buggers from an ongoing shiny hunt. :P

Oh god I don't think I dare try him on a switch game. lol

He's been playing pokemon go on my phone to and from work for the last year or two. Finally got him his own phone so he can play it now. I'm genuinely surprised he likes it since he's anti-tech but he can't stop. Should get him off the sofa a bit. :D

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not even sure what to think of this game lol Will probably give it a try though

Free to start but has Battle Pass etc.

Is that a pokemon MOBA? lol

Hell, I'd try it. Spent years playing LoL, a pokemon one might be fun for a bit. lol

@Carl the Llama @Samilktray

My missus has been getting a bit more in to playing games recently, she's done most of the Spyro remaster, played a lot of Animal Crossing, but she's starting to get bored. 

I have a hunch she'd actually really enjoy pokemon, she had fun with Go when it first came out but she's never played a "normal" pokemon game. 

I played red, blue and yellow but never followed it since. 

Are Sword and Shield the same format as those old games were? Open world single player RPG, explore, collect pokemon, level them up in turn based battles, face occasional gym bosses or whatever the new equivalent is, do some side missions, etc? 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Carl the Llama @Samilktray

My missus has been getting a bit more in to playing games recently, she's done most of the Spyro remaster, played a lot of Animal Crossing, but she's starting to get bored. 

I have a hunch she'd actually really enjoy pokemon, she had fun with Go when it first came out but she's never played a "normal" pokemon game. 

I played red, blue and yellow but never followed it since. 

Are Sword and Shield the same format as those old games were? Open world single player RPG, explore, collect pokemon, level them up in turn based battles, face occasional gym bosses or whatever the new equivalent is, do some side missions, etc? 

There have been a lot of changes in the time since but yeah the format will be instantly familiar.  Honestly though I'd hold fire for the Diamond/Pearl remakes if you want to get that true OG Pokemon experience, Sw/Sh has an annoying amount of cutscenes and a basic story, I'd only go for it if you think she's likely to get into the competitive scene which tbf the DLC makes pretty accessible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

So are the new games worth picking up?

I am enjoying them quite a lot

Because they are faithful remakes you get a bit of that "nostalgia" about it, but with quite a few improvement to make the playthrough more enjoyable compared to the original

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...