Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

Todorov's contract runs out in the summer, and boss Harry Redknapp said: "Although I would like him to stay I think he already has something else lined up."

Whats the odds that 'something else' doesn't involve LCFC. He'll probably go to Plymouth, Stoke, QPR over us. lol

Whats the odds that 'something else' doesn't involve LCFC. He'll probably go to Plymouth, Stoke, QPR over us. lol

It wouldn't surprise me. He's turned us down on loan, so why would he agree to sign for us in the summer. If he was keen to come here, he'd have joined on loan first.

It wouldn't surprise me. He's turned us down on loan, so why would he agree to sign for us in the summer. If he was keen to come here, he'd have joined on loan first.

Yep and I'd like to point out that since none of the fringe Portsmouth players have actually joined us, could be a bit of tension remaining from the MM era. Otherwise Redknapp has got them really motivated to fight for the team.

I hope Kelly gets some sense and makes the clear out before he buys. If he thinks its an issue of getting in fresh bodies, he might as well leave his pebbles unturned and go hide.

I hope Kelly gets some sense and makes the clear out before he buys. If he thinks its an issue of getting in fresh bodies, he might as well leave his pebbles unturned and go hide.

The problem with that is if we offload 10 players it is immediaitley obvious to all clubs out there that we have cash to slash, and hence we may end up paying over the odds. Better to keep options open and leave so we aren't without cover or left paying stupid money when the season starts.

That rumour says that Redknapp wants him to stay but its been the opposite of that whenever I have heard Harry in an interview. In January SSN interviewed him and he said that maybe its time Toddy moved on and subsequently its Todorov who doesnt want to leave the club and wants a new deal.

Waiting for regime change, perhaps? :ph34r:

As in... rather than fester just above the relegation zone, why not come in when there's a new team in place and you can be a big part of the reawakening process? :P;):smile:

It is wishful thinking about who will come here until we know who the manager will be.

They might be mercenary but footballers like to go where there's a future too, it's good for their CV and future earnings.

No-one will be impressed by the current Leicester City. They're simply not an attraction football wise.

We've been down with the dead men in the Championship for two seasons and with good reason. Any prospective will know that and will need lots persuading to throw his future in with ours.

That will mean knowing that other players will be joining too - and which players. And it will mean having someone they can trust to shape the right sort of side.

Oh yes, players will speak to us. They'll be dying to know what wages are on offer and to spread the word. But sign on the dotted line. I doubt it.

We won't be the only ripe plum in the box come summertime. There'll be other clubs with money, with players already on the books, with a positive, forward looking manager and with a damned site more chance of getting promotion than we have looking at the present situation.

Our work towards changing that outlook should have started already. Instead we've probably gone backwards from what I've seen these last few weeks - and in more ways than one. It's hard to stomach that.

The thought that we've signed five loanees and are actually playing worse, and even more defensive football, than we did before.

Waiting for regime change, perhaps? :ph34r:

As in... rather than fester just above the relegation zone, why not come in when there's a new team in place and you can be a big part of the reawakening process? :P;):smile:

I don't care about his reasons for not coming to help us avoid the drop. I'm suspicious about signing him as I don't want another expensive but permanently injured player on our books.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...t+chase+hots+up

Saw him a few years back and he was dog shit although he has done well this year! Still only 20 as well!

Ive never seen him play but his record seems to be getting better as he matures. He did well at Yeovil with 10 goals in 15 which is a good return and as you say, he is still young at 20. If he was available I`d go for him as a back-up striker but he shouldnt be classed as a starter for next season.

BTW, being just 20 and due to be out of contract in the summer,I wonder what the tribunal will rate him at??? He must have a value of over £400k?

Also, Capaldi still wont sign a contract at Plymouth and he too is available on a Bosman but as he is over 25 a fee wont be needed. Who would have him at Leicester in place of Nils? He is more of an attacking left-back but at least the lad is left-footed and maybe his fellow Northern Irish team mate McAuley may be able to say a few good words on our behalf??! http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Ive never seen him play but his record seems to be getting better as he matures. He did well at Yeovil with 10 goals in 15 which is a good return and as you say, he is still young at 20. If he was available I`d go for him as a back-up striker but he shouldnt be classed as a starter for next season.

BTW, being just 20 and due to be out of contract in the summer,I wonder what the tribunal will rate him at??? He must have a value of over £400k?

Also, Capaldi still wont sign a contract at Plymouth and he too is available on a Bosman but as he is over 25 a fee wont be needed. Who would have him at Leicester in place of Nils? He is more of an attacking left-back but at least the lad is left-footed and maybe his fellow Northern Irish team mate McAuley may be able to say a few good words on our behalf??! http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Would not might haveing him over here class defender and he is attacking defender I remember him scoreing

against us just the kind defender we need in this league.

Thing is Todorov needs a good contract. If he was to go anywhere on loan it would not make sense for him as it would potentially devalue any contracts offered if he played shit. He's held out for a permanent move to a club still using his past performances as a base.

Thing is Todorov needs a good contract. If he was to go anywhere on loan it would not make sense for him as it would potentially devalue any contracts offered if he played shit. He's held out for a permanent move to a club still using his past performances as a base.

Milan knows his stuff. ^_^lol;)

----------

Sod the talk of Todorov and what have you... non-league strikers are the 'in' thing at the minute. They're being taken on in droves (well, at least in 3s anyway). lol

Anyone know any decent non-league strikers we could have a punt on? :ph34r:

----------

Sod the talk of Todorov and what have you... non-league strikers are the 'in' thing at the minute. They're being taken on in droves (well, at least in 3s anyway). lol

Norwich are interested in a Ryman Premier League striker, or something.

The next Jermaine Beckford. Gets his month of fame before being shipped off to Barnet on loan.

----------

Giuseppe Sole playing for Woking in the conference. 18 years old scored 12 this season in 32 starts.. He's got something about him, takes a nice free kick. :thumbup:

Said in the Times that Todorov was leaving Pompey at the end of the season and said Leicester was the most likley destination... make of that what you will :dunno:

Recurring theme.

He's out of contract in the summer and may not be offered a new contract (it seems presently that he won't be getting on). Where's his next obvious destination? Leicester... what with Mandy being here.

Classic example of counting one's chickens before you add two and two together. :blink:

Giuseppe Sole playing for Woking in the conference. 18 years old scored 12 this season in 32 starts.. He's got something about him, takes a nice free kick. :thumbup:

Sorted. :cool:

Archived