Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

Indeed.

The short answer is though, if Forest wanted to fork out £1million, being where they are in the table, having presumably understanding bankers who sense an opportunity to extend Forest's debt and make more money in the long run, possessing players who are good in League One who Gills might want in return anyway....

Well, it's really not hard to see this move happening.

Just pray Bristol City hang onto second place and Forest get done in the playoffs. Jarvis is the sort of player we could do with, as long as we bring in a couple more all-round reliable central midfielders too.

I bet he isnt, he was yet another one of Bruces big signings. Ive lost count at the amount of £4m+ signings he has made and wasted the lucky sod.

Must have sat in the same lessons as Peter Taylor when they did their coaches badges!!!

Does this link say he's out of contract? why are we bidding anything?

Probably because we want it tied up.

We could just sign him when he's OOC but:

a) He'd ask for a bigger signing on fee (or rather his agent would)

b) By then many clubs will be in for him

c) We'll have to pay a wedge at tribunal anyway, unless we can settle something with the Gills. And if we did that, we'd be paying anyway.

Couple of points. Usually when there are a lot of clubs in for a player, it tends not to go to tribunal. If this deal were to be done, I think it would cost us around £1million.

I'm not sure how much any of you know about him as a player but he's a left sided/central midfielder really. I think he looks better as a central player. He's busy and attack minded. Not so much hustle and bustle and he's a very neat player, he's just everywhere when Gillingham attack.

He's not much of a tackler but shows the occasional bit of willing. He can actually be quite lazy when not in possession but that might be due to the fact he is often asked to play 'in the hole' or 'left wing' for Gills and is seen as their outlet for when they do win back possession.

I personally don't think we'll sign him. Both Arsenal and Tottenham have already asked to have a week's look at him and been told where to go. Charlton and Watford are believed to have made bids of £800,000+. Forest are in for him and Glenn Roeder (Newcastle) has been spotted at a couple of Gillingham games. You might not know much about Gillingham but I'll tell you this - he certainly wasn't watching any of their other players.

In summary.

Attacking midfielder/winger

Tricky

Fit

Lots of energy

Eye for goal

Ambitious

Rumoured to have a bit of an attitude issue

Probably would cost us £1million

Might be more attractive teams in for him.. having said that, he'd be a starter here, probably wouldn't at either Newc, Ars or Spurs.

Would like to see us sign him. I wasn't that impressed with him to begin with, all tricks and over elaborate... but to use a Thracianism, he's become a bit of an all action impact figure recently.

But is he as good as Kingy?

This seems all a bit surreal to me. Having been in his year at school, I always speculated that if he made a career in footy (which wasn't surprising, he was one of the best in the year at most sports), it would be quite funny if he ended up at our club. I'd say he probably won't due to surrounding interest from other clubs, but if I hear anything through the grapevine, I'll let the board know. Could be quite handy I suppose if I'm ever in need of some hospitality treatment by the club perhaps :whistle:

Archived