Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

Source

Leicester City transfer rumours !

Things are not going as planned at the Walkers Stadium. The club hasn't managed to win a single game since early February and they are just above the relegation zone.

Rob Kelly's days as manager looks numbered but he will probably be staying until the end of the season. Bryan Robson, Glenn Hoddle and Greame Souness has all been mentioned as possible candidates to take over.

Injuries, stupid suspensions and lack of consistancy in team selections are all reasons for the collapse. Daily Mirror reports today that as many as 11 players could be given the boot in the summer and that a number of new players are on the way in.

The latest rumours are that S****horpe's Billy Sharp and Birmingham's Mikael Forssell are targets so could Gilingham's Matt Jarvis be.

Paddy McCarthy has been linked with a move to Fulham and players such as Robbie Earnshaw and Jason Koumas could both be on the list of new players coming in.

Don the press really expect us to believe we are going to spend aboy£15m this summer?

I thought Milan had money :dunno::rolleyes:

Theres something on that site we all love that says Craig Beattie and Derek Riordan are possible targets..

And it's not just someone who says ' yh its defo gna happen'. Seems quite.. truthful :dunno:

I thought Milan had money :dunno::rolleyes:

Yeh but he's only committed to spend £9mill over 2 seasons, that's less than the parachute payments that we pissed away and failed to get promoted with.

Yeh but he's only committed to spend £9mill over 2 seasons, that's less than the parachute payments that we pissed away and failed to get promoted with.

Hmmm, true as that is, we did release about 14 players (of course you could argue the same amount of players need to go now :D ) and had to replace them which wasn't cheap. And when it became obvious we were't bouncng straight back up, Levien came in he immediatley started cutting the wages down to Championship level.

We were also paying players like Scowcroft and Walker obscene amounts.

One things for certain though, people who think we're signing the likes of Koumas Beattie and Earnshaw in the summer are in for a massive shock.

Hmmm, true as that is, we did release about 14 players (of course you could argue the same amount of players need to go now :D ) and had to replace them which wasn't cheap. And when it became obvious we were't bouncng straight back up, Levien came in he immediatley started cutting the wages down to Championship level.

We were also paying players like Scowcroft and Walker obscene amounts.

One things for certain though, people who think we're signing the likes of Koumas Beattie and Earnshaw in the summer are in for a massive shock.

I think you'll find our wage bill was a lot bigger then too though, which accounted for the parachute payments.

But ithat's MMs approach isn't it? To pay obscenish salaries instead of transfer fees, which is exactly what Adams did, although with Rednapp's help made a much better fist of it. I blame Bassett.

But ithat's MMs approach isn't it? To pay obscenish salaries instead of transfer fees, which is exactly what Adams did, although with Rednapp's help made a much better fist of it. I blame Bassett.

Hmm sort of although I would suggest he wont be paying 20,000 a/w for one player like we were doing for Walker.

Either way we have some money and it needs to be used wisely, if Levein or Adams had done with we wouldn't be in the state we are.

Hmm sort of although I would suggest he wont be paying 20,000 a/w for one player like we were doing for Walker.

Either way we have some money and it needs to be used wisely, if Levein or Adams had done with we wouldn't be in the state we are.

Adams (for the mos part) had a decent (ish) eye for a player- he just didn't know how to manage them.

Mandaric prefers to splash out on wages than transfer fee's. Bosman's on better wages than most teams would offer, usually meant Pompey would get some good players.

How do you know?

Well, my brother is in the academy and he said that he saw it because his mate had to try it on and when he asked why he had to try it on the coach person said it's the away kit for next season... Not very well described but that's what he said so I'm just posting it to tell you what he said. [And I did think he meant just the academy away top but no, he said for the first team too]

Well, my brother is in the academy and he said that he saw it because his mate had to try it on and when he asked why he had to try it on the coach person said it's the away kit for next season... Not very well described but that's what he said so I'm just posting it to tell you what he said. [And I did think he meant just the academy away top but no, he said for the first team too]

Which age group does your brother play for? please say U 13's.

From the Mockery:

Anyone know anything about Roy O'Donovan?

Kelly's talks as though he's staying!

Even though no signings are possible between now and the end of the season, City are still casting their net.

They had a scout watching highly-rated Cork City midfielder Roy O'Donovan, once on Coventry's books, and Kelly emphasised that this was all part of the process leading towards the summer.

He said: "We are still looking at players we feel can do us a good job and in the summer we will be carrying on with it in various places, for example in Scandinavia, where their leagues are just about starting.

"So we are not sitting still but any developments would not happen until the summer."

From the Mockery:

Anyone know anything about Roy O'Donovan?

Kelly's talks as though he's staying!

This is getting weird. Last week I read that Kolbeinn Sigorthson was the latest hottest property and several big clubs are after him. I think to myself I wish we were after him and low and behold he's alledgedly coming on trial to us in a few weeks. Then today, I read that O'Donovan is being tracked by some big clubs and Wolves and I think we should be looking at him. A few hours later and we're linked to him.

Either our scouts are on the money at the minute or Kelly's done something good for once. Nose bleed time for Rob.

I still don't think Milan has made any indication to Rob that he is going to boot him out, so Kelly will have to carry on as normal and plan as if he's keeping his job.

Roy O'Donovan (born August 10, 1985) is an Irish footballer. He is a B International who plays for Eircom League side Cork City.

Roy O'Donovan arrived at Cork City in early 2005 from Coventry City. Since his arrival Roy has played mainly as a wide-right attacking midfielder. Midway through the 2006 season Roy has been pushed up front and is currently Cork City's top scorer of the season with 17 goals so far. The fan favourite wears the number 10 shirt for the Rebel Army.

From Wikipedia

Which age group does your brother play for? please say U 13's.

Urm he was born on the 2nd September 1994 so it would make him pretty much the oldest in the under 12s... but he plays up (for the under 13s) a lot...

Being linked to Billy Sharp I see? No chance!

I must admit I dont like us being strongly linked to any player because that may suggest that RK may actually stay and that isnt something I want to entertain in my thoughts at the moment.

Archived