Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric is set to sack manager Rob Kelly at the end of the season and his short-list includes Bryan Robson and Glenn Hoddle. (Daily Mirror)

Would be happy with either of those!

Thanks but no thanks. Not interested in a massive name, just want someone who has got results everywhere he's gone, even if it is at a lower level and needs someone to take a punt on him higher up the leagues.

Thanks but no thanks. Not interested in a massive name, just want someone who has got results everywhere he's gone, even if it is at a lower level and needs someone to take a punt on him higher up the leagues.

DITTO :thumbup:

Anyone is a improvment on Kelly (!)... that said I wouldnt be overly keen on either Hoddle or Robson, and personally while I think Kelly is likley to be given the boot (he'd better be!) i dont think it'll be somone like Hoddle or Robson who gets the nod, both are free now... so if MM was after one of those two he'd probably have already got them in... ditto Newell I would have thought.

But bottom line has to be anyone is better than Kelly.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric is set to sack manager Rob Kelly at the end of the season and his short-list includes Bryan Robson and Glenn Hoddle. (Daily Mirror)

Would be happy with either of those!

i think i was the 1st to mention Robson :cool: don't think he'd be a bad choice, he got middlesborough promoted twice and kept WBA up against the odds.

as for Hoddle nah. :nono:

Daily Express says we're about to sign Mikael Forsell from Birmingham and the 1m bid is already on the table :blink:

Kisnorbo is set to sign a new deal :blink: although Fulham have already bid 1.5m for him. (or something along those lines)

:blink:

Wouldn't mind Forssell here. :thumbup:

Kisnorbo only signed a new deal about 8 months ago... does he really need a third contract inside 18 months? :ph34r:lol

Blues Linked To Defenders

Over the last 24 hours, I've read that Blues have been linked to a couple of defenders. The first is Zat Knight of Fulham and the second is Patrick Kisnorbo of Leicester City.

We've been linked with Knight countless times and you can read previous articles that I've written about him by clicking here and here. He hasn't played for Fulham for well over a month now since he had a nightmare against Tottenham Hotspur in the Cup. Fulham lost the game 4-0 at home.

I can't see anyone being impressed with a move for Knight. I actually don't know too much about the player but the fact that he can't get into a Fulham side still not safe from relegation perhaps says enough about him. This is despite the fact that just a couple of years ago, he scored a couple of full England caps.

We've also been linked - in Australia - with a move for Leicester City centre half Patrick Kisnorbo. We've been linked with the player before, as have Everton and Wigan Athletic

Kisnorbo has just turned 26 years old and currently plays for Leicester City. He has previously played for South Melbourne and Heart of Midlothian. He is an Australian international and has eight full caps to his name.

Kisnorbo first came over to the UK to play for Hearts in in 2003. After asserting himself as a first team regular, he joined Leicester City in April 2005 after making over 60 appearances for the Edinburgh club. After initially being employed in midfield and being booed by his own supporters, he was moved to centre half by new boss Rob Kelly and has been first choice ever since.

All up he has made 77 appearances for Leicester and scored eight goals. This season he has played 32 times for Leicester, scored seven goals and gotten yellows and one red.

From what I've read, Kisnorbo isn't a bad centre half and I'd probably prefer him to Knight - solely based on what I've read about the two. I'm still up for the idea of Blues nicking Bramble from Newcastle United and the fact that we're being linked with so many centre halves is certainly encouraging since it's clearly one of the areas most in need of work at the season's end.

Guest seanfox778

i've said it before but i'd like to see us try and get craig beattie on loan from celtic i think he'd score a

few in the championship and he's never been a first team regular

I really think the ex-D*rby player Inigo Idiakez, currently on-loan with QPR and a player we should know about after the other day, would be an excellent signing for central midfield. Then possibly we could team up with Chris Eagles of Man.Utd - two players I believe we could get in the summer.

I'm unsure on Idiakez. There's no doubt he was quality for Derby in the 2004/05 season and was still very productive the season after. But this season for Southampton he's been dreadful apparently and nowhere near the standard he was for Derby. Have his legs gone like Andy Johnson? We've had too many central midfielders who can't pull the strings anymore and i'd rather us not have to go through it again.

He's not got cool hair either!

From now on all signings should be based on a coolness scale!

Remember McGregor at Forest years back, thought he was in oasis! He was cool!

David Beckham - Cool

Elliott Ward - Cool

Chris Kamara - Uncool

Inigo Idiakez - Uncool

Jon Woodgate - Cool

You get the pictutre?

Coolness pays!!!!

Fulham boss Chris Coleman has targeted Leicester defender Paddy McCarthy as the man to replace Zat Knight, who looks to be heading to Birmingham. (Daily Star)

Lets hope so!!!!!!

Smacks of lazy journalism to me. They no doubt read somewhere of interest in a Leciester player call Paddy and picked the wrong name. :P

Smacks of lazy journalism to me. They no doubt read somewhere of interest in a Leciester player call Paddy and picked the wrong name. :P

Did think that myself to be honest!!!

Chris coleman can't have missed paddy screwing up for 3 of fulham 4 goals in the fa cup.

I'm unsure on Idiakez. There's no doubt he was quality for Derby in the 2004/05 season and was still very productive the season after. But this season for Southampton he's been dreadful apparently and nowhere near the standard he was for Derby. Have his legs gone like Andy Johnson? We've had too many central midfielders who can't pull the strings anymore and i'd rather us not have to go through it again.

Yep...we need fresh talent competing with themselves. A set of bright coaches gets all the experience you want. I would find talent under 20 from the lower leagues each offering something new and let them compete for a place with the academy players. Players like Newton I would accept though, and I still think that when he gets going with Porter we will score goals.

Not with Ric Flair's favourite goal turder in front.

I really think the ex-D*rby player Inigo Idiakez, currently on-loan with QPR and a player we should know about after the other day, would be an excellent signing for central midfield. Then possibly we could team up with Chris Eagles of Man.Utd - two players I believe we could get in the summer.

Year gotta agree with the other posts really. Idiakez isnt what we need. His legs have gone. Im fed up of having slow and lazy midfielders. We need some energy in there. Im also fed up of having other championship sides reject players like Jarrett or Glombard. If they aint good enough for them, why will they be good enough for us? Chris Eagles is a good shout though.

Archived