Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

I don't like Fulham, but I don't mind them winning games against people because they've got Coleman as boss.

As soon as he leaves, I'll want them to be relegated. :smile:

I'd welcome Coleman here, definitely. I'd rather him than any of the other three candidates mentioned recently (God's man, the drinker and the twat). :whistle:

Milan Mandaric revolution at Leicester with the Summer signings of Inigo Idiakez and Chelsea youngster Michael Mancienne going into the centre of midfield. Srecko Katanec could potentially become the next City manager with a £10million warchest to get Leicester promotion.

This is a quote of the transfer rumours website.

I hope they are wrong as it will be a bugger to try and chant those names during a game, let alone get them in a song!!! :yawn::cry:

Forsell will arrive in July/August on an initial month loan with possible season-long extension (is the latest rumour). Bruce is still reluctant to let him go permanently despite not using him.

I bet he isnt, he was yet another one of Bruces big signings. Ive lost count at the amount of £4m+ signings he has made and wasted the lucky sod.

The only thing I know of him is he is a winger!

Ive done a little research and he is available on a Bosman in the summer (although we will have to pay a fee with him being under 24) and Fo**st wanted him but that didnt happen last month. Hopefully that means he wants to join a big club. :thumbup:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ham/6409305.stm

I must admit I know very little about him but his Wikipedia page sounds positive.

Matt Jarvis

Can anyone (Ric Flair, Manwell, etc) enlighten us?

The People's Hero know's more about him than most of us as he's spent a fair bit of time watching Gillingham in the past few years, I think?. From what i've seen of him, he looks quality. Doesn't score as many goals as I think he should, but technically he's very good. Good passer and excellent crosser. Not sure whether he's worth a million quid though, given his contract's up in the summer. Tribunal wouldn't be any more than £400,000 - 500,000 up front.

Couple of points. Usually when there are a lot of clubs in for a player, it tends not to go to tribunal. If this deal were to be done, I think it would cost us around £1million.

I'm not sure how much any of you know about him as a player but he's a left sided/central midfielder really. I think he looks better as a central player. He's busy and attack minded. Not so much hustle and bustle and he's a very neat player, he's just everywhere when Gillingham attack.

He's not much of a tackler but shows the occasional bit of willing. He can actually be quite lazy when not in possession but that might be due to the fact he is often asked to play 'in the hole' or 'left wing' for Gills and is seen as their outlet for when they do win back possession.

I personally don't think we'll sign him. Both Arsenal and Tottenham have already asked to have a week's look at him and been told where to go. Charlton and Watford are believed to have made bids of £800,000+. Forest are in for him and Glenn Roeder (Newcastle) has been spotted at a couple of Gillingham games. You might not know much about Gillingham but I'll tell you this - he certainly wasn't watching any of their other players.

In summary.

Attacking midfielder/winger

Tricky

Fit

Lots of energy

Eye for goal

Ambitious

Rumoured to have a bit of an attitude issue

Probably would cost us £1million

Might be more attractive teams in for him.. having said that, he'd be a starter here, probably wouldn't at either Newc, Ars or Spurs.

Would like to see us sign him. I wasn't that impressed with him to begin with, all tricks and over elaborate... but to use a Thracianism, he's become a bit of an all action impact figure recently.

If the price tag is 1m, do Notts have the money to sign him? :S

Transfer is unlikely to be £1million up front in any case but I'd venture that yes they do.

They've signed many players since being in that division... many of which have been top players from other clubs in the same division. Big club you see.

Leeds/Sheff Wed/Forest all of these spend money no matter how bad they are... because the banks presumably see them as being a worthwhile investment.

Reckon RK or Mandaric or both are behind the move?

Sounds like a Kelly idea to be, I'd imagine Mandaric looking up for players, not down, however good he is.

From BBC:

West Ham striker Teddy Sheringham, 41, will move into management if he fails to extend his 23-year playing career. (Daily Mirror)

Yes please! Player/Manager? Manager? Sounds like a plan. Was he at Pompey while Mandaric was there? I think he was.

Yes please! Player/Manager? Manager? Sounds like a plan. Was he at Pompey while Mandaric was there? I think he was.

As much as I think he's a complete bellend, I wouldn't mind him as assistant manager here next season. Not manager though. We can't afford to take that risk. This is a great opportunity and we need to bring in someone who has a decent record.

They probably own their own stadia. Which helps.

Indeed.

The short answer is though, if Forest wanted to fork out £1million, being where they are in the table, having presumably understanding bankers who sense an opportunity to extend Forest's debt and make more money in the long run, possessing players who are good in League One who Gills might want in return anyway....

Well, it's really not hard to see this move happening.

Archived