Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Yeates Has Gone

Again I cannot see why we signed him. If Kelly thought he had potential he seemed to have no strategy for using the guy.

Anyway at least Worthington seems to know his own mind and has made another positive decision.

I really hope he pulls this rope trick off but shan't blame him if he doesn't. Every day that goes by further highlights the sort of mess Kelly created.

Worthington's been left in the middle of the Atlantic with a leaky lifeboat and a suspect crew. I just hope he can keep afloat.

Again another postive move from Worthy. Im beginning to like this fella lol. He could have kept Yeates on the books but probably has seen he adds nothing to the squad so send the loser back. Well done Nige!

Again another postive move from Worthy. Im beginning to like this fella lol. He could have kept Yeates on the books but probably has seen he adds nothing to the squad so send the loser back. Well done Nige!

the positive changes (IMO) he is making in such a short space of time just emphasise the amateur way in which the team has been managed during the last season...and beyond! I hope Rob Kelly finds a hair in his dinner at 6 o clock

link?

nothing on OS!

I have just checked the Spurs website but nothing there either but I am trusting Bert that he is gone.

Bert knows his stuff. He has contacts. :thumbup:

I'm not exactly fussed whether he goes or not but surely we need all the players we can get?

Or has the deal expired?

I think it was until the end of the season. How long had he been here ? 3 months ? :dunno:

Please let Elvis be next. Please please please.

You have spent the season insulting a bloke who's virtually always made some sort of positive contribution - I just hope he whacks a winner sometime between now and the end of the season and saves us from the drop. Furthermore I hope it's a sodding mishit! :D

Maybe Cads on the left wing is more likely now

It will most likely be a question of fitness. Worthington likes to play high tempo (thanks be) and may not think Cadamarteri has that sort of staying power.

With Sheehan back in the squad against Brum worthington will be weighing the fitness and qualities of all three and it won't be the easiest decision.

All three are effective players at their best - and at least Wortho gives himself a choice of positive players instead of the same worn names that Kelly rolled out.

Nothing's going to be given us at Preston but at least we're involving our best available footballers now and one or two duffers have disappeared off the scene.

Whats the point in sending him back, if our right and left wingers suddenly got struck down with malaria then he is there to step in. Unless were paying ridiculous wages for him to do nothing then yeah it is the right decision

With Sheehan back in the squad against Brum worthington will be weighing the fitness and qualities of all three and it won't be the easiest decision.

I agree with you. I would play Sheehan aginst Preston purely because we need to attack, not sit back and defend in a game in which we don't really expect any points. Plus, Maybury is not naturally left-footed(and he's utter rubbish) and Stearman is a better choice at right back.

I don't think that Yeates was bad, he was just never given that proper chance. Don't forget he scored the equaliser against Luton on his debut, and considering that every point is valuable, we could be in an even worse position than we currently are.

You have spent the season invulting a bloke who's virtually always made some sort of positive contribution - I just hope he whacks a winner sometime between now and the end of the season and saves us from the drop. furthermore I hope it's a sodding mishit! :D

Agree with you there. Hope Elvis scores in injury time to keep us up. He may not offer much, but at least he has enthusiasm, shows he cares and scores goals!!

Archived