Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

LCFCRatings Season Summary (Part 3) - Player Awards

Season Summary (Part 3) - Player Awards

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

The summary is in four parts and will be published over the next couple of days:

• Part 1: Referee and Opposition Awards
  • Part 2: Manager and Team Awards
  • Part 3: Player Awards
  • Part 4: Player-by-Player Review

If there's anything in particular you'd like to know that isn't covered which I could pull out from the ratings, please let me know.

Most Minutes Played : Wes Morgan

1. Wes Morgan : 3827
  2. Jeff Schlupp : 2915
  3. Leonardo Ulloa : 2740
  4. Paul Konchesky : 2705
  5. Esteban Cambiasso : 2690

13 players played less than a quarter of the season and therefore didn't qualify for most of the awards below: Nick Powell, Ryan Watson, Michael Cain, James Pearson, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Tom Lawrence, Chris Wood, Matthew Upson, Anthony Knockaert, Mark Schwarzer, Andrej Kramaric, Dean Hammond and Ben Hamer.

Most Man of the Matches : Esteban Cambiasso

1. Esteban Cambiasso : 8
  2. Riyad Mahrez : 6
  3. Jeff Schlupp & Jamie Vardy : 5
  4. Kasper Schmeichel : 4
  5. Wes Morgan & Marcin Wasilewski : 3

Cambiasso went on a man-of-the-match drought of 12 games in the middle of the season, getting four awards up to Man City at home in December followed by four more after Everton away in late February.

Most Player of the Month Awards : Esteban Cambiasso & Marcin Wasilewski (2)

• August : Wes Morgan
  • September : Leonardo Ulloa
  • October : Riyad Mahrez
  • November : Marcin Wasilewski
  • December : Esteban Cambiasso
  • January : Marcin Wasilewski
  • February : Andrej Kramaric
  • March : Jamie Vardy
  • April : Esteban Cambiasso
  • May : Robert Huth

Jeff Schlupp's inconsistency meant he never got to win a Player of the Month award despite winning man-of-the-match five times.

Best Individual Performance : Jamie Vardy v Man Utd (H)

1. Jamie Vardy @ Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United : 9.68
  2. Kasper Schmeichel @ Burnley 0-1 Leicester City : 9.00
  3. Leonardo Ulloa @ Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United : 8.94
  4. Jamie Vardy @ Leicester City 3-0 Newcastle United : 8.83
  5. Esteban Cambiasso @ Leicester City 2-0 Swansea City : 8.73

Cambiasso, Ulloa & Vardy took eight out of the top ten best individual performances with Huth and Schmeichel taking the remaining two.

Worst Individual Performance : Paul Konchesky v West Ham United (A)

1. Paul Konchesky @ West Ham United 2-0 Leicester City : 2.19
  2. David Nugent @ Swansea City 2-0 Leicester City : 3.13
  3. Danny Simpson @ Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (FAC) : 3.18
  4. Wes Morgan @ Leicester City 1-3 Liverpool : 3.25
  5. Mark Schwarzer @ Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (FAC) : 3.28

Five out of the bottom ten worst performances came in the two cup matches that saw City knocked out.

Most Consistent : Robert Huth
(Based on how much their rating varied - must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Robert Huth
  2. Matty James
  3. Marcin Wasilewski
  4. Ritchie de Laet
  5. Danny Simpson

Huth never rated below the 5.5 average at all and was consistently rated at 7 or above.

Least Consistent : Liam Moore
(Based on how much their rating varied - must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Liam Moore
  2. Jamie Vardy
  3. Kasper Schmeichel
  4. Andy King
  5. Leonardo Ulloa

In his 14 appearances, Moore rated below 5.00 three times and above 8.00 twice. England international Jamie Vardy averaged 5.65 up until March and then 7.44 until the end of the season.

Best Average Match Rank : Marcin Wasilewski
(Must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Marcin Wasilewski : 4th (4.43)
  2. Esteban Cambiasso : 4th (4.45)
  3. Robert Huth : 5th (4.66)
  4. Liam Moore : 6th (5.79)
  5. Marc Albrighton : 6th (6.19)

Ben Hamer would have made the top five had he played another game, just falling short of the minutes required to be considered.

Worst Average Match Rank : Paul Konchesky
(Must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Paul Konchesky : 10th (9.67)
  2. Ritchie de Laet : 9th (9.31)
  3. Danny Drinkwater : 9th (9.29)
  4. Danny Simpson : 9th (8.63)
  5. David Nugent : 8th (8.44)

Andy King, Leonardo Ulloa and Jeff Schlupp narrowly missed out on the bottom five, also averaging 8th place.

Worst Overall Player: Paul Konchesky
(Based on a combination of overall average and minutes played - must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Paul Konchesky : 5.31 (2705 mins)
  2. Danny Simpson : 5.46 (1463 mins)
  3. David Nugent : 5.73 (1980 mins)
  4. Ritchie de Laet : 5.91 (2208 mins)
  5. Danny Drinkwater : 5.88 (1681 mins)

***LCFC Ratings Player of the Season*** (Best Overall Player): Esteban Cambiasso

(Based on a combination of overall average and minutes played - must have played more than a quarter of the season)

1. Esteban Cambiasso : 6.61 (2690 mins)
  2. Robert Huth : 7.10 (1254 mins)
  3. Marcin Wasilewski : 6.43 (2394 mins)
  4. Kasper Schmeichel : 6.34 (2314 mins)
  5. Marc Albrighton : 6.58 (1200 mins)

Thanks again.

Best overall player should clearly be Huth though once you'd decided a minimum time. Not sure why you've fiddled the numbers to make it Cambiasso.

Thanks again.

Best overall player should clearly be Huth though once you'd decided a minimum time. Not sure why you've fiddled the numbers to make it Cambiasso.

The strength of the rating decreases the less time they played and I felt this was fair and produced a result I agree with while still acknowledging Huth's contribution. I accept the way of choosing the award is subjective but the figures are there, so if you want to make Huth your player of the season from what I've provided feel free!  :)

The strength of the rating decreases the less time they played and I felt this was fair and produced a result I agree with while still acknowledging Huth's contribution. I accept the way of choosing the award is subjective but the figures are there, so if you want to make Huth your player of the season from what I've provided feel free!  :)

Simply the use of Best shows a superlative choice. You've made it more of an average choice.

They're your stats, it's just my view that looking at the marks Huth is by far, way ahead of the field

As everyone knew would happen, cambiasso wins best player for being our best player.

great stuff. great threads and great stats. some are crazy but we've voted for them all the same!

think the "least consistent" is the only one that surprises me. thought schlupp would've been right up there on that, and thought morgan would've been up there too. 

schlupp has had one or two 9/10s this season but also a few 1/10s, and morgan has won some motms but has a thread named calamity morgan and was bang on for at least one own goal or penalty given away each week for about 2 months. 

Love that, so good. Thanks.

Assuming you enjoy this sort of thing, which players had the best win ratio? I'm assuming Huth and Albrighton would be top 2 but not sure, and would be interested in who's next.

Guest ttfn

Had a long spell of injury I do believe.

Missed 3 games suspended too which can't have helped.

I'm surprised Ulloa's individual performance against United was in the top 3; personally I thought his performances against Newcastle and Southampton in the run-in were far superior, as good as he was that day.

I had Wasyl as my POTY based on average rating (except Huth who didn't quite qualify under my system), quite a long way ahead of everybody else.

I'm surprised Ulloa's individual performance against United was in the top 3; personally I thought his performances against Newcastle and Southampton in the run-in were far superior, as good as he was that day.

I had Wasyl as my POTY based on average rating (except Huth who didn't quite qualify under my system), quite a long way ahead of everybody else.

Yeah ulloa's best performance by a mile for us was Southampton imo.

He was flavour of the month and we'd just beaten United 5-3 so no surprise his rating was probably 2 points higher than it should've been back then.

Interesting about Wasyl..so did I.

A player who made the step up to the Prem very very well.

Surprised that Mahrez is not on the 'best overall player list' - would not think we'd as dangerous without him.

bernie.gif

Agree with this. Thought he would figure more, as he has had some very good games - Arsenal away and Southampton at home spring to mind. Perhaps it's his lack of defensive skills that count against him. However, his primary job is to make/take goals coring chances.

Thanks for the stats, great job and well presented.

I will never understand how Vardy was rated higher than Schlupp and Albrighton for that Newcastle game.

And how is Mahrez against Southampton not up there either? Scores our only brace from open play, that first goal alone was huge, he also worked hard the whole game, and could have had a hat trick had Vardy looked up and passed.

It's football people are more likely to vote with their emotions/heart than with their heads.

Votes will also be influenced by the notion that if you like or think a player is good you'll give them the benefit of the doubt or not notice their errors/poor performance and the converse is true. 

Archived