Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Everton 2-3 Leicester - Vote Now

Okazaki 9

He gave away the ball 8 times on bad touches out of 45 total. His bad touches twice give the ball back to Everton to go straight on the break. Vardy gifted him a beautiful pass for the penalty and he was in the right place at the right time for the goal. He was not impressive. You're grade is pathetic.

He gave away the ball 8 times on bad touches out of 45 total. His bad touches twice give the ball back to Everton to go straight on the break. Vardy gifted him a beautiful pass for the penalty and he was in the right place at the right time for the goal. He was not impressive. You're grade is pathetic.

He still had a lot of work to do to bury that chance and for the penalty he did well to get in front of his man and showed intelligence to draw the foul. Apart from those two vital contributions he had a decent game.

You can cherry pick stats and use them to make whatever point you want and I'm sure that's fine when you're analysing bassball or whatever, but good analysis of football requires an ability to read a complex game played at high pace, stats don't even tell half the story. If they did we wouldn't have won today.

He still had a lot of work to do to bury that chance and for the penalty he did well to get in front of his man and showed intelligence to draw the foul. Apart from those two vital contributions he had a decent game.

You can cherry pick stats and use them to make whatever point you want and I'm sure that's fine when you're analysing bassball or whatever, but good analysis of football requires an ability to read a complex game played at high pace, stats don't even tell half the story. If they did we wouldn't have won today.

Cherry picking stats? You just used 5 seconds of 90 minutes to justify a 9.

i dont usually give out 9s but theres a few in here, difficult game today and certain players really put a good shift in.

Schmeichel - 7 - didnt have much to do but solid

Simpson - 8 - very solid

Was - 8 - great block at the start and had a very good game

Morgan - 9 - beast, him, kante, mahrez and vardy have been outstanding this season

Fuchs - 9 - difficult opponent today and fuchs kept him very quiet. Dangerous going forward, this guy looks a great signing

Mahrez - 6 - quiet game and you could see when he came off that he'd had a difficult time. Clinical for the penalties though.

Kante - 7 - better in the second half, put a good shift in

King - 6.5 - fairly solid throughout but i think we need to be looking to sign another energetic centre mid in january

Albrighton - 7 - carried the ball well, a good outlet for us

Vardy - 9 - great tenacity for the second and third goals, showed a very creative and thoughtful side to his game today. We know he's good in front of goal but today he showed how useful he can be creating space for others and creating chances for others. Roy has to be impressed with him after seeing that

Okazaki - 9 - well played son, well played. If he can play like that on a regular basis, him and vardy would be a lethal striking partnership. Was more threatening today and took his goal very well. Movement in the box was better today and its always nice to see a player work hard like he does and play with a smile on their face.

Subs:

Dyer - 8 - took the ball forward really well when he came on and helped relieve pressure really well. Really good option to have on the bench.

De Laet - 6 - good decision to bring him on, sured us up a bit

Ulloa - 6 - could have got himself on the scoresheet after manufacturing his chance well, still feel this guy is a good option for us

Ranieri - 9 - difficult place to go and the players he brought in did a very good job. Subs were good too, well done sir!

Everton - 6 - decent and definitely one of the better sides we have faced this season. But they were poor at the back and schmeichel was fairly untroubled all game

Ref - 4 - poor i thought, gave them a lot of dubious decisions but got the key decisions right

Although a willing worker I've criticised Shinji stacks of times for not having enough effect. Today he won a penalty out of next to nothing leaving Mahrez to put us 1-0 up.

Then he took what needed to be a quick finish when under pressure to give us the cushion to see out the game.

Impact? A pivotal part in two goals that won us a difficult and important away game to keep us top of the league despite having a considerably changed team.

For me that's worth a decent mark anyday.

Mahrez didn't have a brilliant individual game overall but he had lots of effect just the same as did Vardy. Isn't that what ratings are all about. The effect you have in the job you're chosen to do?

Strikers need to be a threat and today he was one.     

Cherry picking stats? You just used 5 seconds of 90 minutes to justify a 9.

I said he had an all round decent game which means his starting point for my mark was a 7. I then gave him an additional point for winning the penalty and another for scoring a goal. Yes those events happened quickly, finishing chances and winning penalties very rarely last much longer than a second or two.

If you're seriously trying to argue that Okazaki's two vital contributions towards us winning this game are meaningless because they happened too quickly, then I don't know what to say other than that you're approach to assessing footballers' performances is fundamentally, and comically flawed.

As individual players we obviously haven't  got the the most talented 11 in the league but what we have got for 16 games this season is the most effective ones and really that's  what we should be rating, their overall effective contribution to the team effort.

Of course that effectiveness can be judged in many ways and can vary from game  to game.

Couldn't agree more

A proper partner for Vardy with real class is required

Austin ?

Schmeichel - Much better handling than in recent weeks. Commanded his area as well as he's done in a while - 7

Simpson - Perhaps could've done better on the 2nd goal - 6

Morgan - MOTM for the 2nd game in a row - 9

Wasilewski - slotted in excellently for Huth. - 8

Fuchs - A very, very close 2nd to Wes - 9

Mahrez - Actually thought it was his weakest game in a while as he never really got a chance to get the ball down and get his dribbling skills going, but superb pass for the 2nd pen and cool as you like with the pens so you can't complain too much. - 8

King - We did miss Drinkwater's creativity a tad, but King's energy more than made up for it, a couple of really important defensive interceptions too, I can remember one in particular when he quietly nicked the ball off Lukaku's toe when he was in a dangerous position and calmly passed it back to Kasper - 7

Kante - It's just standard now, you just expect it from him - 8

Albrighton - Never really got the ball down from an attacking point of view, but his endeavour played a big part in the 3rd goal. Also thought we missed him defensively when he went off and Everton got much less hassled by Dyer on the left giving them room to cross early balls in from  - 7

Vardy - great work for both the 2nd and 3rd goals. Saw an opposition fan on another forum describe him as a "poacher" and just thought "wtf?" He creates so much for others through his incredible movement and relentless pressing and underrated vision and always has done, it was his creativity for Nugent that won us the Championship. - 8

Okazaki - Yes, he can be frustrating at times, but you got to hand it to him today, he won the penalty and took his goal really well as well, so he played a massive contribution to us winning the match. I've not been a fan so far, but hopefully that will give him the confidence to kick on. - 7

Archived