Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Total transfer spending since the Thai's came in

20010/2011

Waghorn -2 million

Morena - 300k

Curtis Davies - ?

Kyle Naughton - ?

Bruma - ?

PVA - ?

Yakubu - £1 milion

Bamba - 250k

Kirkland - 150k

2011/2012

Mills 3.5 million

Petiier 750k

St Ledger 1.2 million

Konchesky 1.5 million

Kasper - 1.5 million

Beckford - 2.5 million

Ben Marshall - 750k

Drinkwater - 1 million

Morgan - 1 million

2012/2013

James and Delboy 2 million

Vardy 1 million TBC

Sousa spending - 2.3 million

Sven spending - 12.35 million minimum (probably 15 million)

Pearson spending - 5.75 million

That is a lot of money spend in the last couple of seasons approaching 25 million pounds FML

I know I favour Pearson to do well though Sven was all about a name ... We just need to get a good team chemistry maybe two or three players max and we need are team to jel like reading did I think we have the right owners but it's up to the manager to make the right choices with the money at his disposal we need transfers that are going to guarantee back to back wins not a few times a season

There is no way we would of paid all of them up front maybe not even any of them. A lot of those figures will be depending on promotion. Hardly any transfer go through that is 100% cash up front these days.

You're missing a number of players up there if you are including loanees, Cunningham, Ben Mee, Kamara spring to mind, and Delfouenso.

I thought that Abe was bought with the Thai's money too.

You are also not taking into account the money we got for players we sold, Hobbs, Fryatt, Morrison.

In short I'm not really sure what your point is other than we have spent a lot, but Sven spent more than NP and Sousa combined.

We also spent loads on training ground and facilities.

Also, FML? WTF?

£1m loan fee for Yakubu alone

Was that a loan fee, or was that we spent on paying his wages? if he was on 50K a week, 1 million gets you 20 weeks, or about 5 months, which is more or less how long we had him. Or was it a loan fee plus paying his wages?

This is pointless, as the wages (and other fees for that matter) can never be reliably estimated.

For instance, if we paid a loan fee for the Yak (of £1m), rumours of Yak's wages would add another £1m...

...haha just realised it was transfer spend. Still, echo an earlier post - it's all guess work!

20010/2011

Waghorn -2 million

Morena - 300k

Curtis Davies - ?

Kyle Naughton - ?

Bruma - ?

PVA - ?

Yakubu - £1 milion

Bamba - 250k

Kirkland - 150k

2011/2012

Mills 3.5 million

Petiier 750k

St Ledger 1.2 million

Konchesky 1.5 million

Kasper - 1.5 million

Beckford - 2.5 million

Ben Marshall - 750k

Drinkwater - 1 million

Morgan - 1 million

2012/2013

James and Delboy 2 million

Vardy 1 million TBC

Sousa spending - 2.3 million

Sven spending - 12.35 million minimum (probably 15 million)

Pearson spending - 5.75 million

That is a lot of money spend in the last couple of seasons approaching 25 million pounds FML

As much as the top 6 premier clubs spend on one player.

There is no way we would of paid all of them up front maybe not even any of them. A lot of those figures will be depending on promotion. Hardly any transfer go through that is 100% cash up front these days.

Fair point but that's the case for everyone, so that doesn't really narrow the gap between what we have spent and what other clubs have spent. As for money we've recieved from transfers, well tbh we have let ourselves be short-changed in that area, which makes our expenditure look even worse.

We spent more than any other club by some way last season, for the Championship it's ridiculous money. But then again we all knew that, we all know it was a massive failure, and it will be failure until we get promoted.

What worries me is the fact that all that money is a loan and ive heard has an interest rate of 18% ,,,, so just on signings we are paying back an extra 4.5 mill per year. Along with the other money they have pumped in wages, stadium, traning facility etc We might be the only club to get promoted and not make any money out of it. We need promotion this year or I genuinely fear for the worst

Fack off he wasnt giving enough time

He was given more than enough time and Pearson has had to pick up all the pieces...

I'm happy the club is now in a more sensible stewardship.

The appointment of Sven was a major major error in the history of LCFC IMO.

I liked Sven but he did not deliver value for money or any particular success on the pitch.

Pearson will do better. His signings from Man U for Hull are now worth far more than he originally paid for them. Are we likely to see any money back from most of Sven's signings?

Not enough.

who cares, innit? it's not like we hav to pay it back.

All the money spent, is loans against the club. The owners are not spending their own money at all. We have to pay it all back (or go into Administration).... don't anyone be fooled into thinking this is a gamble for the owners. If it doesn't work this coming season, they'll walk away, and leave us to pick up the bill!

Archived