Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Filming at Football Matches

Guest CityFan 06

Hi guys, does anyone have a clear understanding or know any ideas as to whether you can film at football matches then possibly post to YouTube? I've got a HD camera and I enjoy filming, but I wanted to know if it actually allowed at Football Games.

Cheers

If you film and post it then it's highly likely it'll be found and the Premier League/Football League will have it removed for breach of copyright. Do it a few times and you'll even get a nice message from YouTube ticking you off.

Edit: You can film the crowd, just not what's going on on the pitch.

If you film and post it then it's highly likely it'll be found and the Premier League/Football League will have it removed for breach of copyright. Do it a few times and you'll even get a nice message from YouTube ticking you off.

Edit: You can film the crowd, just not what's going on on the pitch.

Bit of a grey area though. Loads of people record Set Pieces on their phones.

I've been banned from youtube for posting highlights due to complaints from the Football league, but i've also seen plenty others posted  with no problem I guess your'e either lucky or you're not.

Once some bloke took out a camera next to me with a telescopic lens and got told to stop by the stewards. 

I imagine officially you need some sort of license/permission to take photographs of the match, which is obviously impossible to police - but also technically the rule.

Part of it will be about what you name the video.

If you put 'Leicester highlights' or the date in the YouTube name those pesky scoundrels at the football league will find it easily. If it's called something non - football related, and your Intention is to post it on facebook then it's more likely to slip through the net, so to speak

Part of it will be about what you name the video.

If you put 'Leicester highlights' or the date in the YouTube name those pesky scoundrels at the football league will find it easily. If it's called something non - football related, and your Intention is to post it on facebook then it's more likely to slip through the net, so to speak

Didn't work for me I tagged them as political and gave them abbreviated nsmes like vC as in verses Cov.

I never film during the match but I will film the ground pre match. Often recorded the odd penalty as well. Never use a camcorder though, it's usually just my iPhone. Never use them expect just for myself though I know people who have had licensing problems with YouTube etc.

Officially it's banned by every club's rules, under instruction/guidance from the leagues and FA.  Unofficially they don't bother if it's clearly amateur stuff, eg. mobile phones, as a rule; but if you take out a tripod or a super-long lens, or film all the match instead of a few minutes, they'll stop you.

Archived