Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Terrorist threat level raised.

The terrorist threat level has now been raised to the severe, the second highest level of impending attack.

This is now becoming a very dangerous scenario. With trouble rife in the Far East, and Islamic extremists  growing in size and power, just where can now be considered saf? It would appear that the answer, basically, is nowhere.

Reading in the local paper tonight, the front page shows, and talks of, a local man from High Wycombe, who in a BBC interview, wallows in the beheading of the American journalist. He states he hates the UK, and will only return to plant a bomb.

Just how many towns and cities, have it's share of such evil people, living within the community?

Immigration, obviously , carries some the burden of this problem, but I don't know how much.

The bottom line is, what can, and should the UK do, to keep the situation in this country, as safe as possible? 

I think you're looking at two different things. In terms of threats from global terrorism, and without wishing to sound too melodramatic, I don't think there's anything we can do about it apart from get used to it. It's the age we live in.

The second thing is national or ethnic groups who hold extremely conservative or what we would consider 'backward' views that challenge our liberal society. Most of Western Europe is grappling with this issue now, especially in places like France and Sweden that have a long tradition of separating religion and state, and are very progressive when it comes to sexuality, gender equality etc. I honestly don't know what can be done about that, other than a bit of old fashioned positive discrimination and some quite aggressive education, if one can put it like that. We're quite far down the line though, so who knows what comes next.

Tories doing badly in the polls. Has no-one seen V for Vendetta? :rolleyes:

The Tories have been in the low 30s for about 3 years now. Some of these conspiracy theories are absolutley f'cking barmy.

love the propaganda. Not how many see it but hey ho

Most of the propaganda is from the western arms industry looking for the next theatre of war since Afghanistan is winding down. IS threaten the UK less than the Continuity IRA but give government and the western war machine a reason to carry on.

I'm far more concerned about the East of Europe.

The area between Grace Road and the Pork Pie Roundabout? :unsure:

The threat level down there has been at maximum ever since I've been alive too I reckon.

Most of the propaganda is from the western arms industry looking for the next theatre of war since Afghanistan is winding down. IS threaten the UK less than the Continuity IRA but give government and the western war machine a reason to carry on.

I'm far more concerned about the East of Europe.

me too but we repeating history where ever we look and I don't think any lessons have been learnt

What do people think these 'terror alerts' are really for? The ONLY way a terrorist attack can succeed is that the people who can stop it DON'T KNOW it's going to happen! Do you think the powers that be would even want you to know if there was an attack heading your way? What exactly is the benefit of the general populace knowing how likely a terrorist attack is?

It's just the politics of fear yet again, turn the scare-ometer up to red and keep the plebs in line - after all, the good old government is the only thing keeping you safe from all those machete-waving ragheads with C4 strapped to their chests, so you'd better keep quiet and do what they say - after all, you read it in the Daily Mail, so it must be true.

I'm not saying that a terrorist attack is a pipe dream - sure, it could happen. But the 'terrorist threat level'? It's a ****ing joke. And the only ones laughing are sat in their big ivory tower in Westminster.  

What do people think these 'terror alerts' are really for? The ONLY way a terrorist attack can succeed is that the people who can stop it DON'T KNOW it's going to happen! Do you think the powers that be would even want you to know if there was an attack heading your way? What exactly is the benefit of the general populace knowing how likely a terrorist attack is?

It's just the politics of fear yet again, turn the scare-ometer up to red and keep the plebs in line - after all, the good old government is the only thing keeping you safe from all those machete-waving ragheads with C4 strapped to their chests, so you'd better keep quiet and do what they say - after all, you read it in the Daily Mail, so it must be true.

I'm not saying that a terrorist attack is a pipe dream - sure, it could happen. But the 'terrorist threat level'? It's a ****ing joke. And the only ones laughing are sat in their big ivory tower in Westminster.  

what he said

IS now effectively control border checkpoints between their self proclaimed caliphate and a massive NATO country (Turkey). They are the most serious security challenge to the West in a very long time, their rise has been unpredictable and swift. The World is bigger than your front room in your British town, and we are right in the centre of it.

I love how people think the government can just raise the terrorist threat level if they're doing badly in the polls, all simple like.

I was flying the day they closed all the flights because of a credible fluid bomb threat on planes and totally understand what they did but raising the terror threat because of IS is absolute bullshit.

Archived