Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Master's Snooker.

Currently Selby v Maguire, 4-3 to Maguire! Come on Selby. This is a great match so far, Maguire is playing awesome, Selby is doing well, but keeps getting unlucky.

Also, every player left in, has never won a masters tournament.

Currently Selby v Maguire, 4-3 to Maguire! Come on Selby. This is a great match so far, Maguire is playing awesome, Selby is doing well, but keeps getting unlucky.

Also, every player left in, has never won a masters tournament.

I would love Selby to win it! I have been lucky enough to speak to him once for a few minutes at his club in Glenfield "Club 147".

Selby gives me a reason to watch Snooker nowadays.

And Rocket Ronnie...rest are boring!

Go Mark...actually his Manager is my Uncle you know!!!...Mukesh....

Mukesh Parmar.

Very nice bloke. Spent a lot of time and money with Mark, now he's getting his just rewards. :D

Mukesh Parmar.

Very nice bloke. Spent a lot of time and money with Mark, now he's getting his just rewards. :D

Too fcuking right. :thumbup:

Mark and Mukesh.

Abit like Sam and Amanada= samanda.

Mark and Mukesh=Markesh...... :D

I need sleep...... :yawn:

Too fcuking right. :thumbup:

Mark and Mukesh.

Abit like Sam and Amanada= samanda.

Mark and Mukesh=Markesh...... :D

I need sleep...... :yawn:

Just shut-up. That'll solve everything. :D

Mark Selby came back from 5-3 down to move into the Masters semi-finals with a 6-5 victory over Stephen Maguire.

The world number five trailed 3-1 at the interval and 4-2 but runs of 55, 103 and and a pressure break of 54 in the final frame sealed a memorable win.

"I'm gobsmacked to still be in the tournament," said Selby, who will face Ken Doherty in the last four after the Dubliner edged out Shaun Murphy 6-5.

Doherty fought back superbly from 4-1 down to win another last-frame decider.

The former world champion looked dead and buried at the mid-session interval but notched three century breaks - 141, 114 and 123 in the decider - in the last four frames to snatch victory from Murphy's grasp.

"It was up there with my best performances - not just in winning but the way I played with three centuries in four frames at the end," said Doherty.

Murphy added: "There's never any disgrace in losing to someone who's playing as well as Ken was."

Selby had taken the first frame of the afternoon match with a break of 58 but lost a close second and saw Maguire put in a break of 105 on his way to a 3-1 lead at the interval.

The first frame after the break went Selby's way, but this season's Northern Ireland Trophy champion and UK Championship finalist Maguire earnt himself a two-frame cushion with an excellent 67 to edge 4-2 ahead.

It could have quite easily gone 5-2 in the Scot's favour, but having failed to add to a composed break of 59, Selby struck to take the frame just when it looked as though it had slipped through his grasp.

A break of 30 did the trick, the 24-year-old Leicester cueman winning the frame on the final black.

Selby should have levelled at 4-4 but missed a simple yellow ball to square matters as Maguire went 5-3 ahead.

"Overall, apart from the last three frames, Stephen was probably the better player," Selby added.

"But luckily I was able to stamp my authority on the game and didn't give him much of a chance in the last three frames.

"Funnily I felt more relaxed when I was 5-3 down, so I'm looking forward to the semi-finals. Maybe I'll go 5-3 behind and then see what happens.

"I'm a bit fortunate to still be in the tournament, but if I am destined to win it then I'd be chuffed to bits."

Maguire was suitably shocked after seeing his winning position disappear.

"I just can't believe I've got beat," said the Scot, provisionally number two in the world rankings. "I was thinking I was in the next round, but he stepped up a gear and played great.

"Even when it went 5-4 I thought if I got my chance I'd finish it. I find it hard to take, 5-3 up was the right scoreline, but he missed a bad yellow to make it 4-4.

"He was out of the tournament bar one ball, but all of a sudden he had an extra lifeline and he took it."

Selby's on top form at the moment , got to the semi- finals at the uk championship aswell. I hope he can win this one

Selby's on top form at the moment , got to the semi- finals at the uk championship aswell. I hope he can win this one

Wouldn't agree, think he was very poor in patches against Hendry and upped it towards the end, better yesterday and Maguire is a good player. He was playing better at the back end of last season if you ask me. The one thing that is looking very good at the minute is his temprement. Can't be faulted.

Wouldn't agree, think he was very poor in patches against Hendry and upped it towards the end, better yesterday and Maguire is a good player. He was playing better at the back end of last season if you ask me. The one thing that is looking very good at the minute is his temprement. Can't be faulted.

Yep.

Maguire was on fire yesterday for the first few frames and was getting a decent bit of luck. I'm biased to Selby, but the way he fights back is just phenomenal.

Yep.

Maguire was on fire yesterday for the first few frames and was getting a decent bit of luck. I'm biased to Selby, but the way he fights back is just phenomenal.

The way he holds himself togther is fantastic, it's weird I'm not used to supporting teams or indivduals who have bottle.

Watching the Pete Ebdon horror show at the minute, most amusing.

Yeah he was brilliant in patches again, not so brilliant in others.

Still, Stephen Lee in the final.....you'd have to fancy him. :unsure:

Yeah. Hope Selby wins, really so much, but i think Lee will win, hope im wrong though.

Fancy Selby to win it , he is really coming of age now and looks like we can have someone to follow for the next 10 years , he has certainly brought me back to watching snooker after losing the characters of the late 80s and early ninetys

Stephen Lee is 50th in the provisional rankings and has been dire last couple of years and has only got through the last 2 rounds because Ebdon and Fu were extremely poor. Just turn that central heating up and Lee will be sweating like a pig on a spit. i fancy Selby to win by a couple of frames

CMON MARK

Archived