Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Mamadou Sakho

I have to say that I've always had him down as one of the most over-rated players in the game. I don't like making judgements on players one way or the other before we see how they fit in, but I think I'd be as negative as I could imagine myself being if we signed him for that money, or any money. But there's no point in being all outraged, seeing as it will probably never happen.

But if he signed for any other manager tomorrow, it would basically confirm in my mind that the boss in question had no idea what he was doing. Needless to say, football managers are more qualified than me to make that sort of call, but I'm not sure you needed to be a football manager to watch Kapustka on TV, hear Gary Lineker get excited about him, then splash eight million or whatever it was on him without even bothering to pay the kid a visit, then never play him.

Signing Sakho for Leicester would feel like it was on that sort of a level, and it feels like the sort of move which would represent a leap in the wrong direction. It would also drag us a lot further away from that home-grown set of players on which our team spirit, and team-building was previously based, and would appear to be another signing of the 'Ranieri' variety rather than the 'Walsh / Pearson / someone else who knows what they're doing in the market' variety.

Like I say, though, no point in getting worked up just yet!

Surprised that many people want him.

I've seen an awful lot of Liverpool over the last two years having lived in Liverpool amongst their fans and having worked at Anfield and the guy is a bomb scare. He has talent but when he's on the ball he's more dangerous to his own team than the opposition. 

He has only made 56 appearances for a Liverpool team who have been let down by their defence time and again over the last few seasons. On top of this, he got sent home from their pre-season tour this year and has only played for their under 23s so far. 

AVOID.

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Surprised that many people want him.

I've seen an awful lot of Liverpool over the last two years having lived in Liverpool amongst their fans and having worked at Anfield and the guy is a bomb scare. He has talent but when he's on the ball he's more dangerous to his own team than the opposition. 

He has only made 56 appearances for a Liverpool team who have been let down by their defence time and again over the last few seasons. On top of this, he got sent home from their pre-season tour this year and has only played for their under 23s so far. 

AVOID.

To be fair Klopp and Rogers both expected Liverpool to play from the back and that means their defenders have a lot of time with the ball at their feet. It's different here. Huth and Morgan would be considered 'bombscares' if they were expected to play like that.

All things considered he's good at defending itself (winning headers, making tackles, organising the backline) and that's what we're after.

Archived