Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Mamadou Sakho

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

so cocky.... isnt he meant to be one of the nicest guys in football?!

Mamadou Sakho, the painter! The Liverpool defender volunteers to get involved with a local charity and helps to restore a house

• France defender Mamadou Sakho chose to help a charity restore a house
  • The Liverpool man spent two hours painting and moving furniture
  • He bought some treats for his co-workers and signed a shirt for them 

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho helps recovering alcoholic with his art - by having a painting on his shinpads

Clearly I've missed this,

oh well,

lets sign him then :scarf:

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I've had a quick look through this thread. Is the only source the original Mirror one or am I missing something?

It's speculation based on Geoff's tweets. In fairness not completely off the wall, especially with the Scousers suggesting he's off for roundabout the same figure.

39 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

This isn't football manager

Exactly, if it was football manager I'd be happy to splash 18m on Sakho and pay him £105,000 a week on a 5 year contract. 

In real life, I'm worried about the potential repurcussions of all this for my club 

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Exactly, if it was football manager I'd be happy to splash 18m on Sakho and pay him £105,000 a week on a 5 year contract. 

In real life, I'm worried about the potential repurcussions of all this for my club 

The 105k is what he is on now and that's for a club the size and power of Liverpool. Can't see us wanting or trying to match that, and he would have to take a pay-cut if he went outside of the Premier League, especially with links to clubs like Sevilla.

I think he will be one of our highest earners but certainly can't see us breaking the 100k limit. If this "mystery guy" is Sakho, then the source said it was stalling on personal terms, so can only imagine that it would be becaue we won't match his current 105k and will be offering under 100k. 

Still a lot of money, but it is the way the Premier League is going and if he helps us stay up and also with the 100k p/w Mahrez rumoured to be off in the Summer, then could be decent business for us. 

Just now, simon789us said:

Any real links to him yet other than guess work

Someone claiming to be ITK claiming its on, some rumours from liverpool fans also saying we are interested and geoff Peter claiming we have agreed an 18m fee with a mystery player.

So maybe, maybe not.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Someone claiming to be ITK claiming its on, some rumours from liverpool fans also saying we are interested and geoff Peter claiming we have agreed an 18m fee with a mystery player.

So maybe, maybe not.

Saw original post about a mystery play then everything about sakho so no real links then

The Sakho that Liverpool signed from PSG was one of the highest rated young player in the world. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for him on Merseyside.

He's mobile to start. Something our current defensive unit isn't! 

19 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

We could sign Chiellini and Sergio Ramos and there'd be complaints on here.

Oh for ****s sake, why do we keep chasing old players. Our recruitment strategy is like watching Benny Hill in reverse with Susan Whelan chasing some random old bloke. Rudkin out.

I'm not sure about this. Maybe he's not as awful as he appears in small doses but £18m and all those wages for a cast off (as in, he's not a first teamer for the club he's from) seems like a waste of money.

I'm not having that we couldn't have attracted a young centre back with potential at this level for less money in the summer. We had an absolute mare (I can't stress that enough actually, we have completely fvcked ourselves up) and now I think we're scraping the barrel, but paying over the odds for it. Tends to happen in January when you fvcked up in the summer and are desperate.

Then again - he's a centre back, and we need a centre back. No signing is going to make or break our season, our biggest problems lie elsewhere.

Sakho is one of those defenders who is potentially amazing but could just as easily be an absolute disaster. The club does have some sort of budget, so £18m, with big wages, is significant. If we're choosing not to spend some of that money elsewhere this bloke has to be a huge succeess to justify the price.

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm not sure about this. Maybe he's not as awful as he appears in small doses but £18m and all those wages for a cast off (as in, he's not a first teamer for the club he's from) seems like a waste of money.

I'm not having that we couldn't have attracted a young centre back with potential at this level for less money in the summer. We had an absolute mare (I can't stress that enough actually, we have completely fvcked ourselves up) and now I think we're scraping the barrel, but paying over the odds for it. Tends to happen in January when you fvcked up in the summer and are desperate.

Then again - he's a centre back, and we need a centre back. No signing is going to make or break our season, our biggest problems lie elsewhere.

Sakho is one of those defenders who is potentially amazing but could just as easily be an absolute disaster. The club does have some sort of budget, so £18m, with big wages, is significant. If we're choosing not to spend some of that money elsewhere this bloke has to be a huge succeess to justify the price.

We wouldn't be able to sign any CB who is currently a first teamer for their team in the Premier League, and probably even struggle with doing that with other top leagues too, or at least players deemed good enough by our fans. 

This guy was in the first team not long ago and has captained them a few times too. Seems more a case of injuries and a fallout over silly things, rather than him not being good enough. 

18 Million is actually decent value for him. If he had played a handful of games this season and not been frozen out, then that fee would have been much higher. The wages are a lot to take, but Mahrez, Vardy, Kasper are all on 100k p/w now. Leicester must start adjusting to the realities of paying such wages if we want to be consistently finishing in the top 10 and away from relegation battles each season. It's not like our owner is short of cash and the TV money and sponsorship deals now are insane and will only increase. 

Archived