Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Mamadou Sakho

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

As a footballer yes,

but his cockiness off the pitch is everything I hate about modern day footballers,

so no

so cocky.... isnt he meant to be one of the nicest guys in football?!

Mamadou Sakho, the painter! The Liverpool defender volunteers to get involved with a local charity and helps to restore a house

• France defender Mamadou Sakho chose to help a charity restore a house
  • The Liverpool man spent two hours painting and moving furniture
  • He bought some treats for his co-workers and signed a shirt for them 

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho helps recovering alcoholic with his art - by having a painting on his shinpads

There are a lot of positives on paper:

He is 26

Knows the Premier League well

French International

18 Million is about right, considering Schlupp went for 12

He is left footed and quicker than Wes and Huth

Negatives are that he has had some injury issues and the wages will likely be 100k p/w 

His attitude has also been brought into question, although I have read a lot about him being a very positive voice in the dressing room and a real leader.

He has also been described as clumbsy and lacking technical ability to be a top CB.

Having said all that, if he wasn't occassionally clumbsy or lacking in some areas, we would not have  a chance of signing him, and he would still be starting for Liverpool or be going to a bigger club somewhere else, for a bigger fee.

We are in desperate need of a CB and yes he is not without his faults, but even with those, he is a step up in quality in what we already have and I feel more positive after reading about his personality in the dressing room. He will obviously have a point to prove and his energy alone, is something we have been crying out for in defence.

I'm on board with this one. I saw enough good performances from him at Liverpool to suggest he could really help us in our current situation. 

Sign Nastasic too and that is our starting CB pairing for next few seasons! :P (although both left footed!) 

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Mamadou Sakho, the painter! The Liverpool defender volunteers to get involved with a local charity and helps to restore a house

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho helps recovering alcoholic with his art - by having a painting on his shinpads

Also teaches children French in Liverpool 

He is head and shoulders above what we have now. People saying no are hilarious.

Can't see it happening but would be ideal. Was reading an article yesterday about how professional and hard working he has been for the u23s so the attitude problem thing is overblown 

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He is head and shoulders above what we have now. People saying no are hilarious.

Can't see it happening but would be ideal. Was reading an article yesterday about how professional and hard working he has been for the u23s so the attitude problem thing is overblown 

Also read similar things and even those who have criticised him, have praised his attitude and work ethic. 

I think a combination of things have seen him be pushed out by Liverpool and he has been unfortunate. I don't think he is a top 4 club player, but he is not far off and more than capable for us. 

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

And all the kids in the U-23s reckon he's been exemplary in terms of attitude, work ethic and leadership. 

I think some people confuse having a mohican with arrogance.

2 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

Can confirm this is true, should he done by the middle of the week 

If Vardy, Mahrez and Kasper are on 100k p/w then would imagine he will get the same or at least have pushed for the same and probably why there has been a bit of back and forth on the personal terms.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Also read similar things and even those who have criticised him, have praised his attitude and work ethic. 

I think a combination of things have seen him be pushed out by Liverpool and he has been unfortunate. I don't think he is a top 4 club player, but he is not far off and more than capable for us. 

He's done loads of charity work aswell.

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He's no Danny Simpson is he

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

If he hasn't played a game for 8 months he won't be ready to play in the first team till the end of March

Seems like he is injury free and been playing u23 and training as normal etc but yes would need to get up to pace. Think it wouldn't take too long though.

'...Sakho has played the majority of games in Premier League 2, helping Liverpool’s U23s to third in the table, but is unlikely to feature again as the club seek to offload him permanently in the January transfer window.

I think they have had a massive influence,” Virtue said ahead of Monday’s 7pm kick-off at Anfield.

I think we were all surprised how professional he (Sakho) has been and how serious he has been in training.

It can be a problem when a first-team player comes down and doesn’t really want to be here but he’s managed himself very well and especially in the games we’ve all learned from him.

He is a top player, captained France and captained PSG, and all you can do from those players is learn. He has been where we all want to get to.'

All positive stuff again. Didn't know he had captained France, He is no mug, that's for sure. 18 million is worth it, even if there are doubters. Hopeful the "mystery man" is him and not another winger!

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Seems like he is injury free and been playing u23 and training as normal etc but yes would need to get up to pace. Think it wouldn't take too long though.

'...Sakho has played the majority of games in Premier League 2, helping Liverpool’s U23s to third in the table, but is unlikely to feature again as the club seek to offload him permanently in the January transfer window.

I think they have had a massive influence,” Virtue said ahead of Monday’s 7pm kick-off at Anfield.

I think we were all surprised how professional he (Sakho) has been and how serious he has been in training.

It can be a problem when a first-team player comes down and doesn’t really want to be here but he’s managed himself very well and especially in the games we’ve all learned from him.

He is a top player, captained France and captained PSG, and all you can do from those players is learn. He has been where we all want to get to.'

All positive stuff again. Didn't know he had captained France, He is no mug, that's for sure. 18 million is worth it, even if there are doubters. Hopeful the "mystery man" is him and not another winger!

Sounds like we'll just replace Benny in our under 23s with him.:ph34r:

know people who've met him and know of all the great stuff he's done in the city. cannot believe (well, i can, people are fu cking stupid) anyone wouldn't think he's an amazing guy. 

he's also a great footballer. 

this would be sensational. 

Archived