Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Cheltenham Festival 2017.

backed un de sceaux for the ryanair this morning after the don poli news, assuming it'll cause a knock on affect meaning empire of dirt will run in the gold cup. just about beat the price change on in de sceaux. 

15 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Yuften 3.15 wolves tomorrow have couple quid ew

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Double it up with full Irish in the 150 at sandown. 

Both in a E/W Lucky 15  (With Vicenzo Mio and Twenty Eight Guns) :fc: get some money to play with ahead of Cheltenham!

Also done Another Venture @ 16/1 (1.50 Sandown) and London Prize @ 10/1 (3.00 Sandown) E/W Double.

Both way overpriced and I see no reason why.

Betfred boosted Altior, Douvan, Unowhatimeanharry Treble from 2/1 to 3/1, not a massive price but not bad, someone told me SkyBet were doing it at 4/1 last week though. That's the only Cheltenham bet i've had yet.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Also done Another Venture @ 16/1 (1.50 Sandown) and London Prize @ 10/1 (3.00 Sandown) E/W Double.

Both way overpriced and I see no reason why.

Fack sake! I knew I should have done them as two singles!

Can't buy a win today, that's the closest I've got, a 'hypothetical', shud'da win.

Not won a bean today :rolleyes:

Moon racer diverted to the champion hurdle. Surprised at that, surely they think he's got a great chance to move him there? Find it really bizarre, was Pipe's only runner in the race. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Moon racer diverted to the champion hurdle. Surprised at that, surely they think he's got a great chance to move him there? Find it really bizarre, was Pipe's only runner in the race. 

It's a joke and he will end up on the floor or bashing loads of hurdles 

what a stupid decision ! 

17 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Are you on melon for the supreme novice?

I don't know one Mick that's not !!! Seriously there are pension pots going to be put on this fella 

he scares me a little as it's not a race to be having your 2nd outing over hurdles 

@The Guvnor willie  mentions him in same breath as faugheen 

but until willie came along talking horses often failed in this 

you'llneverwalkalone was a huge favourite for this race .... I had one of my biggest bets that year on a horse called Best Mate , I'm sure you all remember him well he was sold out of a field next to my family home on ireland and I knew he was good I had £250 e/w on him from odds 33/1 to 6/1 

he placed behind a horse called salselito bay (something like that) but I knew he was a chaser in making so put all the returns on him winning a gold cup and got 10/1 he would win one gold cup !!!! 

Paid the deposit on the new house he did and the garden to be landscaped etc... the best mate garden 

the Crown in Tur Langton coach trip to gold cup every year basically won between 50-100k on that horse over the years so many backed him every year ! 

7 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I don't know one Mick that's not !!! Seriously there are pension pots going to be put on this fella 

he scares me a little as it's not a race to be having your 2nd outing over hurdles 

you'llneverwalkalone was a huge favourite for this race .... I had one of my biggest bets that year on a horse called Best Mate , I'm sure you all remember him well he was sold out of a field next to my family home on ireland and I knew he was good I had £250 e/w on him from odds 33/1 to 6/1 

he placed behind a horse called salselito bay (something like that) but I knew he was a chaser in making so put all the returns on him winning a gold cup and got 10/1 he would win one gold cup !!!! 

Paid the deposit on the new house he did and the garden to be landscaped etc... the best mate garden 

the Crown in Tur Langton coach trip to gold cup every year basically won between 50-100k on that horse over the years so many backed him every year ! 

Cheers, I'm not up to date with things ATM, but I have the week off and intend to enjoy the racing. I'll bang a bit on this then.

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I don't know one Mick that's not !!! Serously there are pension pots going to be put on this fella 

he scares me a little as it's not a race to be having your defiant outing over hurdles 

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=276310&r_date=2000-03-14&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS

Just now, ScouseFox said:

think moon racer has a serious chance in the champion, that's how poor a race it is. deffo the right decision to go there imo. 

Yanworth is the most over priced horse since rooster booster 

he can't be beat in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Jaysus that was the race 

Sounds like you have had some great 'touches' over the years, Really fancied Highland Bud in 1989 Chelt Fest with Dunwoody on board but had a little each way bet on Ikdam, the conditions were atrocious here's the llnk the rest is history

11 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Just found it on YouTube 

really he got outpaced turning in two out and that really did for him he thundered up the hill beaten less than a length 

he would have hacked up In the Neptune 

I was there Paddy and remember that race what a superstar Best Mate became.

Archived