Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Gone Fishing!

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Going fishing/ camping this weeked, actually..

I think some people are missing the pooint of fishing, at least for me anyway, by calling it boring.

I  take alot of joy in life by actually sitting down and doing very little. just by slowing down, i collect my thoughts, i admire the beauty and serenity of being outside... I also love water.. i find it very peaceful...

Can't you do that without the hassle of fiddling around with maggots ?

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Can't you do that without the hassle of fiddling around with maggots ?

Yes.

go Walmart, buy some bait for a couple of dollars and bish bosh jobs a Gud un.

i also happen to love fish. Very healthy for you too. It's a win win for me.

On 2/6/2017 at 20:09, MPH said:

I think some people are missing the pooint of fishing, at least for me anyway, by calling it boring.

I  take alot of joy in life by actually sitting down and doing very little. just by slowing down, i collect my thoughts, i admire the beauty and serenity of being outside... I also love water.. i find it very peaceful...

Exactly this. It's amazing how much more you think about stuff when you have the time to.

On 2/6/2017 at 20:09, MPH said:

Exactly that ....     walked out of a meeting once having given everybody round the table, (much to their gob smacked amazement), an ultimatum.  Got changed, picked up a few maggots, turned my phone off, and went fishing.    After a few relaxing hours went home and turned the phone back on .....    loads of missed calls and messages.   I was back in business and those few relaxing hours fishing had given me time to think clearly, get things in perspective, plan my next move and not bottle out and make a wrong decision ...    life changing day that was. 

On 2/12/2017 at 12:44, Countryfox said:

Exactly that ....     walked out of a meeting once having given everybody round the table, (much to their gob smacked amazement), an ultimatum.  Got changed, picked up a few maggots, turned my phone off, and went fishing.    After a few relaxing hours went home and turned the phone back on .....    loads of missed calls and messages.   I was back in business and those few relaxing hours fishing had given me time to think clearly, get things in perspective, plan my next move and not bottle out and make a wrong decision ...    life changing day that was. 

It genuinely does make you feel differently. It's a great de-stresser. 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It genuinely does make you feel differently. It's a great de-stresser. 

Another thing that hasn't been said yet, but if you go with a friend or group of friends you have really good conversation without any distractions  (other than the unlikely event you catch a fish).  It's proper chill.

9 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

Another thing that hasn't been said yet, but if you go with a friend or group of friends you have really good conversation without any distractions  (other than the unlikely event you catch a fish).  It's proper chill.

All I have now, are vintage wine and memories....

:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does anyone fish any of the rivers in Leicestershire? And if so, where and any good?

Never done any good on the soar, caught some decent chub and a few barbel on the wreake, but personally prefer the trent around shardlow/castle donnington and the dove at tutbury.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Thanks mate. Where do you go on the Wreake?

Not been for a few years so i'm not sure who owns it now, the stretch near the hobby horse island going towards the soar had some big fish in it , but if you like a wander with a rod and a bucket of bait try near brooksby college, in the fields near the railway line.

Archived