Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

2015 Election season ..........stuff it in here.

I do not lie.

That's me convinced. Vote Kenny K's Imagination Party, Aka KenKIP. Policies include FREE BEER, minimum wage of £35per hour paid for by burning bankers and using the heat to drive an electricity generating turbine, FREE BEER and mansion giveaways for the people who have worked the fewest hours of the year. Homeless people to be allowed to move into the houses of people earning over £50k. FREE BEER and unions to be given the power the THROW DARTS at the faces of anyone who dares disagree.

KenKIP ladies and gentlemen, join the revolution.

Should rename this thread The Tory Supporters Thread. I'll leave to it.

Any comments on the link I posted showing Labour wanted to pay disabled people £20 a week?

I don't see how any reasonable person could defend those comments.

But he's a Lord so he must be a good chap whato. He's never lived in a street that contains the working class but he has smelt them and by jolly they should stay there.

Lord Freud certainly said something out loud that probably should have stayed in his head!  If only we had a name for such a slip...

I've only just got this :blush:

Very good. lol

Not the way he said it,but i know what he probably meant to say.

If you got a 17 year old kid on mini wage doing say a manual job picking orders at Amazon and on the other hand they have someone who is disabled on the same wage but doing say a quarter of the work of the lad-is it right they get the same pay?

Where i work this sort of thing is a massive issue co you got lazy c.unts who get same rate as people who actually know what they are doing!

You don't think it is a good idea to look at ways of getting people with disabilities who have been unable to find work into work?  The therapeutic value of work is well documented.  You don't think that if a person's disability limits the pace at which they can work that it would be better to make allowances for that in the cost to an employer rather than ruling them out of work completely?

Personaly i would say any reasonable person would see through the spin and say there was a serious point to be made here, albeit in a not very clear or well thought out way.

recovery stalls- who voted for balls?

That is actually quite good.

Can do a few badges for that in 2016 if the red shite get back in.

You don't think it is a good idea to look at ways of getting people with disabilities who have been unable to find work into work?  The therapeutic value of work is well documented.  You don't think that if a person's disability limits the pace at which they can work that it would be better to make allowances for that in the cost to an employer rather than ruling them out of work completely?

Personaly i would say any reasonable person would see through the spin and say there was a serious point to be made here, albeit in a not very clear or well thought out way.

It's been tried before and doesn't work. It's also insensitive to oversimplify the effect of disability in this way. The idea that a disabled person can be measured as a percentage of an able bodied person is offensive. Talking about "therapeutic" values to work is also mildly offensive.

It's been tried before and doesn't work. It's also insensitive to oversimplify the effect of disability in this way. The idea that a disabled person can be measured as a percentage of an able bodied person is offensive. Talking about "therapeutic" values to work is also mildly offensive.

How do you know its offensive, are you disabled? Are you offended?

I do find it offensive, I wouldn't describe myself as disabled.

I am a member of a group on Facebook of which consist of mainly disabled people and I can confirm that the majority are not on;y offended but disgusted and angered by the remarks.

The disabled comment could apply to a lot of people. Anyone who isn't a particularly skilled worker will find it tough to get a job and may be better of with a lower minimum wage. I think what Freud said is true but it isn't just true for those with disabilities.

Do you mean learning difficulties?

anything that helps people produce something for themselves is a positive in my opinion.

I do find it offensive, I wouldn't describe myself as disabled.

on what basis exactly?

I have a customer whose son although in his 30s is mentally about 6. He works 1 day a week at a hotel restaurant. chopping, peeling, washing up? I'm not sure what he does exactly but it gives him something to do and his parents get a bit of respite. I think it's fair to assume he doesn't work as fast as a trained commis chef and also someone would be needed to supervise him. I don't know what or if he's paid but he's not doing it for the money.

I have a customer whose son although in his 30s is mentally about 6. He works 1 day a week at a hotel restaurant. chopping, peeling, washing up? I'm not sure what he does exactly but it gives him something to do and his parents get a bit of rest bite. I think it's fair to assume he doesn't work as fast as a trained commis chef and also someone would be needed to supervise him. I don't know what or if he's paid but he's not doing it for the money.

Respect and good wishes to him. It seems he has a considerate boss who is willing to give the lad a chance to do something with his life.If the employer is willing to make the appropriate arrangements to accommodate the person. This could mean wheelchair access, assistance to the toilet and putting up with mood swings. I am certain the majority of disabled people would welcome the chance to have a job and there are many in the group I am in on Facebook that do work in some capacity whether part time or voluntary. They only want to be treated fairly not second rate citizens..

Question Time was a good watch tonight for this.

The Labour girl got destroyed for trying to make political capital out of this and 90% of even a BBC audience seemed to realise what he actually trying to say and his intention was to help and not humiliate the disabled.

Archived