Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Claudio Fannieri

Member
  • Posts

    5,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri

  1. Why what has he done so far today to justify asking this question?
  2. In fairness none of us our fully aware of the circumstances regards this, it could be the player pushing for a permanent move rather than a loan or maybe a couple of clubs have initially approached for a loan deal and then made tentative enquiries about availability on permanent move and it has developed from there.
  3. Guess or confident based on some level of intel?
  4. I think most of what he says/writes is just his own opinion and interpretation of situations. Too be far given our past history regards deadline day, I wouldn’t be shocked if today ends up being a damp squib in terms of incomings. I hope that isn’t the case but unless we shift 3 or 4 (Thomas, Soumare, Iverson/Ward and Cannon) then I can’t see much incoming business. Hopefully we will see a couple more outgoing loans for Nelson and Alves.
  5. I know we showed interest earlier in the transfer window but is there any legit links that offer even a glimmer that this is a deal we are interested in progressing? personally I think if we do bring in a striker, it will be a domestic based deal and will be solely dependent on us moving on Cannon and whether it is a loan or perm will also determine the structure of our incoming deal.
  6. Is there anything concrete in the rumour that we are lined up to sign him if they lose tonight or is it all just wishful thinking? I honestly think it will be Fofana on loan once Cannon secure his move away
  7. In that video he also has a lovely arrogance about him 😍
  8. Really hope the club find a role for him, has so much to offer, an unbelieveable pro who has achieved so much through hard work, determination and bloody mindedness. Written off and comeback so many times under so many managers. Would be a great mentor/coach to younger players. Clearly adores the club and loved his media appearances he has been class and very insightful. As far as club legends go he is on a par with Vards, Big Wes, and Kasper
  9. big day tomorrow, so far this week 1 potential done deal for incoming and 2 U21 loans out, hardly ground breaking stuff so far, going to have to really go all guns blazing to justify your post.
  10. I disagree regards Piroe, I think he is the right player at the wrong club, not sure he fits Leeds style of play, he would have been unreal in our team last season, his ability to drop in and link up play would also be useful for us this season, he offers something none of our current strikers offer. personally I would look to buy him for £10-15m and also look to bring in Hamer as well for a similar fee.
  11. I think it’s a clever move by the club, there is always a risk with a championship loan that the team you loan them too get promoted or he does really well and sees a perm move as a genuine option in a year, especially if we do get relegated, whereas with this move he gets regular 1st team football in a very competitive and physical environment but without the risk he will get his head turned.
  12. On that basis I think it’s far more likely he will head back to the North West and his native Liverpool. On that basis I would think that puts Stoke as favourites although wouldn’t be suprised to see Blackburn get involved but a lot will depend on finances as I am sure his wages will still be a pretty big commitment for any championship club.
  13. I would also add lack of football intelligence to that as well. He seems to be quite reactionary in his play, his pace and ability to run around a lot makes up for a player who is poor in possession.
  14. Might be reading a bit too much into this but we are linked with a keeper and then Mads is nowhere to be seen in the match day squad yet the 2 keepers rumoured to be available to leave end up involved. I do wonder if there is some concrete interest in Mads and the club is considering cashing in.
  15. This is exactly the type of signing we need to make to get back to the our successful model. If we want to be successful and get back to being a progressive club then we have to accept that buying players with a high ceiling but accepting that in within 2/3 seasons we are likely to move them on for a significant profit and then rinse and repeat. We are starting to rebuild a portfolio of assets that can potentially be sold on in the future for significant profit, we have Mads, Abdul, Stephy, hopefully Okoli can become one and we can add a couple more before the end of the window alongside our academy prospects such as Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke, Popov and Richards etc Our recovery is going to take time but the more we see academy prospects progressing and the signing of young, hungry players then the more likely we will see us start to move back to the club we were 6/7 years ago.
  16. As with all the players who played last night, it obviously needs to be tempered with the quality of the opposition, however a goal, assist and a very good performance shows what he can bring to the club and if this gives us another rotation option and a decent alternative for the front 3 positions then I think he could prove to be a solid if unspectacular addition.
  17. Not sure why the obsession about comparing with Nelson, again like Alves and Facundo, Okoli has clear benefitted from his loan with Frosione and that gives him a massive advantage in terms of experience and dealing with top level football. Nelson desperately needs a season on loan to play 30+ games and gain that much needed experience and know how. I actually think in 12 months Okoli and Nelson could be a very good partnership especially if we do drop back into the championship.
  18. Very promising cameo and great to see him get some minutes under his belt, however let’s remember it was against a tiring league 2 side. Reality is he will is unlikely to get significant game time here this season so the sensible option is a loan to a team where he can thrive and play 30 games + and target a minimum of 12-15 goal involvements. With that level of experience under his belt I think he returns next season ready to step up and be a regular in our match day squad regardless of division. personally I would like to see him get a loan to a league one side, challenge him but also provide him with an opportunity where he can take games by the scruff of the neck. Physically I thought he looked very good, he has definitely been working hard in the gym.
  19. I thought apart from one error, Okoli had a decent game and looked pretty solid. Mavididi and Ricardo have to start vs Villa with BDR and Kristiansen dropping out and JJ moving to the left.
  20. Too be fair that was a decent performance, played some really good stuff at times, granted it was league two opposition but even so can’t complain with tonight.
  21. Just a thought, there have been lots of rumours of Ramsdale leaving Arsenal in this window, could it be they have come in for Hermansen as direct competition to Raya and we have decided to cash in and are frantically lining up a replacement.
  22. Shakey
  23. My big concerns regarding Cooper is that he has had a full pre season schedule including a number of friendlies and yet we look at 6’s and 7’s out of possession and in possession we lack any kind of control and it all seems a bit slap dash and without any real patterns of play. In addition we seem to be very passive and intensity has been low with the exception of that 20 minute or so purple patch against Spurs. I have an unnerving feeling that Cooper has some genuine limitations as a coach and already the squad are sensing this hence the rumoured morale issues and now we are hearing/seeing some players are unhappy and possibly want out. I think the club have massively dropped the ball on this appointment and unless they address pretty quickly can only see the situation getting worse. The momentum, energy and confidence associated with newly promoted teams seem to have evaporated already and he is constantly talking down the squad in terms of ability and the step up, we all know this season is going to be tough but too hear the manager constantly harping on about the levels, the step up and the adjustment of a squad littered with premier league experience is becoming as draining and damaging as it was listening to Rodgers and his refresh.
  24. Just watched the documentary it was a brilliant watch. What a fantastic man, great outlook on life and amazing attitude to adversity.
  25. I am sure there is a post like this nearly the end of every transfer window and it invariably ends with very little happening. I will wait with baited breath and to also be disappointed
×
×
  • Create New...