-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
I wonder if he was scouted to play the hybrid left back/left centre back role in the Maresca system, effectively the Callum Doyle replacement. And the club in its infinite wisdom decided to press ahead with the deal despite Enzo leaving.
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
Maybe this season the club should have considered reintroducing release clauses that would have given us a competitive advantage in negotiations for certain players. I know after Kante we moved away from them, but beggars can’t be choosers and given where we stand, we have to be realistic and this could offer us the best chance of securing some of our targets this season. For example Hlozek if had signed him for £18m on a 5 year deal it would have been a PSR write down of £3.6m per season so at the end of this season his book value would be £14.4m. So if we agreed to a relegation release clause of £25-30m we would still make a decent PSR profit of £10-15m. This strategy might have to be the way forward for the next few seasons until we fully establish ourselves back in the top flight. -
Don’t have a clue to be honest.
-
Clubs such as Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton and Ipswich have all been this week whilst Rudkin sits on his arse. 3 weeks we have been supposedly close to bringing in new players, it’s a feckin circus 🤡
-
Couldn’t agree more, we should have been hoovering up the best of the young EFL talent. Criminal waste of this transfer window so far
-
Sounds like a Steve Martin film
-
Nice guy and as I have previously said he is a yes man and fall guy for Rudkin and Top. Don’t expect him to come out all guns blazing but some of the shit spouted today was utter club PR and the manager towing the party line
-
I think in fairness we are lining up potential replacements in the event Hermansen is sold, highly likely there is some strong interest. Give the club some credit in this instance they are succession planning. I doubt he signs unless Iversen and Ward go or Mads is sold.
-
His lunch got hijacked before he could pay for it …..poor fecker 😂
-
I am not sure having King Power on the shirt is much better to be honest 😂
-
Would have been better too have been a lovely shade of diarrhoea brown as a nod the current management and administration of the club. joking aside best of the 3 kits this season but given how I feel about the club I will not be spending another penny until Rudkin has gone and if that means KP have to go to make that happen then so be it.
-
Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ric Flair's topic in Leicester City Forum
Been away for a few days let me catch up first before you unleash an emergency pod 😂 -
And in true this is your life style, (one for tne older posters) that steward is here tonight and little did you know he is now the Director of Football, please meet Jon Rudkin
-
Don’t bother with the banners as they will be removed just sing Rudkin Out loud and proud from 1st minute to last minute. We are on TV it will be heard and makes the supporters position clear.
-
I thought him and Zaha were nailed on,…… am I disappointed or shocked absolutely not, I 100% thought this would happen, will there be repercussions. I hope so but I very much doubt it. I just feel sorry for the supporters who have parted with their hard earned cash to invest in season tickets to watch what could be the worst and most humbling season in our modern history.
-
The man absolutely boils my piss, it’s wrong given I have never met him but I cannot abide seeing him, his part in our clubs demise and yet he continues to be gainfully employed when former managers who have delivered success have been rightfully sacked when performance has dropped. Why should his role or any other at the club not be under the same level of scrutiny.
-
Well I never expected that in the slightest 😂
-
And in fairness neither do you. I am saying if Zaha currently earns 100k net of tax then it’s far to say his expectations will be something similar so that isn’t difficult to work out would take 5 minutes then a confirmation from his agent as to whether he would consider a pay cut to come back. Again not a lengthy convo. finally a quick bit of research would tell the club that loaning the player and paying a lump sum and no commitment to any wages would not be allowed. All in all probably no more than half a days work of in the background checks that would probably have told us then that the deal wouldn’t happen. Now maybe this is exactly what happened but the timelines and information that was leaked would suggest otherwise.
-
But you would expect the club to have a basic understanding that is player is earning X in Turkey this would potentially convert to an equivalent of Y back in England and from that identify if that made the deal one to even bother to explore or not.
-
Sorry don’t agree, if you are doing business that involves a player moving from a different country you would carry out necessary due diligence regards all potential issues and financial implications for both the club and player to ensure if a deal is viable, it’s common sense and basic business acumen. Things to take into account would be exchange rates and currencies, agents fees, players salary bonuses, tax situation as this all plays into the overall package and expectations, you would also consider any work permit issues/requirements. If I was doing business with a company from another country I would be expected to have carried out a full due diligence of all aspects of transacting with said company and it would be done, In advance of then making a recommendation or proceeding to start negotiating the deal. I wouldn’t start the proceedings to then realise there were various issues and implications. It is naive and yet again another example of how we are lacking any real football operation / business knowledge within our club. If Top doesn’t want to remove Rudkin, then at least give him the tools and support to do the job. Whether that is bringing in more experienced and skilled people to assist him as I believe was suggested by Enzo, or by moving him into another role and bringing in an experienced operator at DoF level, something has to give.
-
He played for Leeds last night and the deal has been closed out this morning so there has been a significant shift, if it was close last night then no way would Leeds have risked playing him and him getting injured etc.
-
It could also be that the structure of the deal including bonuses and add ons etc hit the £40m and Leeds are reporting that his release clause has been triggered so as to save face etc and not be accused of selling another key player especially after lasts nights humbling. Brighton may well be happy to go along with it being reported as the release clause being met when it could be £30m + £10m in add ons
-
Happy clapper or bed wetter no different it isn’t about the 3 day, it’s about everything the club has done this summer and over the last 12 months. - massive price hikes for season and match day tickets - the charge for having the card - fox membership - charging £10 for friendlies - appointing Cooper - our slow and scattergun approach to player recruitment - our inability or refusal to do deals to move on players deemed surplus to requirements - the ongoing PSR issues and potential points deduction - the lack of transparency and communication from the club - the lack of changes following the internal review of last season - the new kit sponsor The list goes on and on, that is how I feel, we were apparently on the verge of appointing Potter and then it turned out to be Cooper, then Soule, Zaha etc I can see a pattern forming. if people still believe in this regime and believe that they are the correct group to take the club forward then fair enough, that is your opinion however I am at my absolute wits end with it all, this was an opportunity to further reset, use our promotion to bring in young hungry players and push on. oh and people defending the club about the time it takes to do deals etc etc, look at Rutters move from Leeds to Brighton, played last night, yet Brighton have agreed fee and verbal agreement on move with player, which will be finalised today. That is how a well run club operate with a Director of Football who is fit for purpose. The lack of high end football management and experience is so clear to see.
-
It’s not bed wetting or pant pissing, I no longer trust or have any confidence in the current regime managing and running our club. if we can conclude this deal I will be absolutely delighted as he is a great prospect, however personally I don’t think it will happen and have merely stated my reasons why, perhaps I should keep my opinions quiet and just smile and clap along when directed 👍🏼
-
Or like Zaha it’s not going to happen, but we have been linked and the club can show how ambitious we have tried to be, when we finally end up with Ayew and Bergwijn, or of similar ilk. I actually hate how sceptical and negative I have become but that is how the current regime have made me feel. The way supporters have become nothing more than customers that the club will find each and every way to milk every last drop of cash from. The lack of transparency and communication, especially in regards to the significant failings in recent times, just makes me suspicious as to the motives, I truly believe the appointment of Cooper was nothing more than a cheap and cheerful appointment that wouldn’t rock the boat and certainly wouldn’t challenge the current decision makers. I hope I am wrong but I think names are being leaked to show our ambition when in reality they have no interest or are unattainable and once the window has closed the club will try to point who they tried to buy rather than who we did and some of me apologists will lap it all up.
