Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Claudio Fannieri

Member
  • Posts

    5,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri

  1. One of the worst opinions I have read on here in ages 😂
  2. Just my opinion and I am talking about some of the other elements to being a goalkeeper. I actually think we are blessed with 2 excellent keepers.
  3. If Enzo feels a keeper who is very comfortable in possession and is integral to his style of play then Chelsea will not shy away from spending £30m + which means I think Hermansen will be very much on the radar. He has had 12 months of playing his style and is a talented keeper, he is the ideal candidate and with age and development on his side even if he did cost £30-40m including add ons, it is highly likely to be a deal of good value to both clubs. Also highly likely his wages with us will be good but also would be relatively cheap in comparison to the high earners at Chelsea. if we bank £30-35m of pure profit that is massive for us under PSR.
  4. I may be a bit controversial here but I actually felt when he played, Stolrcryk was arguably the better all round goalkeeper, better shot stopper and had a better presence at controlling his area, however whilst Jakub was competent with his feet, Mads is a class above. Personally I am think we should cash in as I am not convinced Mads will be anywhere near as effective as he is in Enzoball
  5. So did Mads at times, if you play that style you will make mistakes that put you in trouble, had Stolrcryk played more games he would have become better and better. Whilst we may not change drastically, I do wonder if the need for a specialist possession based goalkeeper will be as critical for us this season, which may mean we are prepared to cash in on Mads.
  6. I was chatting with my lad during the euros and we both thought Unai Simon of Spain was ready made for Enzoball
  7. The majority of what is posted on social media regarding transfers and speculation is posted to create interactions and clickbait. we have no idea what offers we have made, what Juve would be willing to accept in terms of fee and structure of the deal and most of all we have no clue as to Soule’s desire to join Roma or us. However what the Italian journalists have managed to do is create a narrative that there is a genuine battle for his signature and the ebb and flow of is he signing for us or Roma has had LCFC, Roma and Juve fans drawn into a saga that may not exist. Given Percy only tends to post what he deems fact at that time, would suggest to me that it’s coming to a conclusion and highly likely he will join us, usually when Percy posts it is pretty much done and dusted and I wouldn’t be surprised if this is concluded by early next week.
  8. I wouldn’t be shocked if Enzo came in for either Mads or Stolrcryk both very comfortable in possession and both very very competent keepers either way given Mads has about £4.5m book value and Stolrcryk will be pure profit we could and should make a very tidy profit if we were to sell either. What would be interesting if we were to sell Mads, would we go into the market or would the club look to us the funds elsewhere and look to use Stolrcryk and Iversen.
  9. For all we know this could be quite a big smokescreen and we have been used as a stalking horse to help create a bit of competition so Juve get a decent fee from Roma. I would not be shocked if we end up signing a player from Juve in the next week or two and Soule was never that heavily on our radar. I am pretty sure all the reports of our interest, bids and even personal terms were all coming from Italian journalists.
  10. I am clinging to the hope he goes there, goes full on Danny Ward and gets Rodgers the sack ….job done and revenge is sweet
  11. I get where you are coming from, however Okoli might be better suited to the profile of player we were looking for.
  12. I think this could be a PSR deal, we sell McAteer for somewhere between £5-10m which is pure profit for us and Newcastle end up with £1-2m amortisation on their books and we then pay £10m £15m for Longstaff which is pure profit for them and we get to amortise at £2-3m per season. Job done. in addition highly likely McAteer ends up with a couple of championship loans before being sold.
  13. Hopefully these blatant floundering of the rules make it so farcical that it aides our defence and we end up with minimal deduction or that our case is dismissed and both Forest and Everton are awarded their points back from last season. These actions whilst not a direct breach are making an utter mockery of the system. I would imagine a very good sports lawyer such as a Nick DiMarco would drive a bus through it.
  14. I think it’s one of those moves just hasn’t worked out for either party, I really hope we are able to do a deal that gets some money back and gets him out the club. We really cannot afford to be carrying players. There has been sufficient opportunity for Soumare to show what he is capable of and I am afraid he is just not the right fit for us as a club or potentially for Premier league football.
  15. Not necessarily true, both Daka and Soumare were signed as excellent prospects and really struggled in the premier league, there is no guarantee any of these 3 will excel at Ipswich and if they do struggle then Ipswich just like us will struggle to shift them on and not take a hit from a PSR perspective. With any transfer, there is always an element of risk.
  16. There is no way we can expect Fatawu and Mavididi to play over 40 games each next season in the premier league and cup competitions and be fresh and effective, we need another quality addition to give us options and rotation opportunities when it needs freshening up. I really don’t think McAteer and Wanya will provide that. I imagine one or even both could end up being loaned out to championship clubs. Although I can see McAteer providing good versatility as he can play midfield, wing back and any of the attacking midfield roles so could provide decent cover.
  17. For this to be dragging on for as long as it has, would suggest that we have offered Wilf, significantly reduced terms and his representatives are frantically trying to drum up interest to secure a better deal elsewhere or by trying to get us to raise our offer. I hope the club stands firm as I feel Wilf is still a long way from his best, if he does move on I would possibly look at someone like Ben Sheaf from Cov as a replacement, who will be reasonably priced and be very affordable from a wages perspective.
  18. Really happy with this signing and our summer transfer business to date. I have been very impressed with how Martyn Glover operates and too date I think we have scouted and recruited very well since he joined the club. We appear to be going back to the model that served us well in the past of signing young hungry players with the sprinkling of good older more experienced players who provide leadership, support and professionalism to the younger group. Its a very long road back but it feels we are very much getting back on track with our recruitment and Glover seems a very good and safe pair of hands, much in the same way as Steve Walsh Snr and Eduardo Macia.
  19. I did have similar thoughts myself, also add in the will he, won’t he situation with Potter and it does make you wonder if the relationship has somewhat fractured. Will be interesting to see what other deals materialise over the summer and if the majority are via one agency.
  20. I really rate him but I think a season smashing it up in the championship could do him and his development a world of good and then be back and ready for the following season when it seems Vardy will have retired
  21. I am far from convinced that Cooper will have complete control over transfers, i am sure he will have an input and influence but I very much doubt he will come into the club and be given a free reign in terms of recruitment.
  22. If we were to buy O’Reilly for £20-25m and give him a 5 year deal you are looking at £4-5m per season in regards to PSR so not a massive outlay if finance is not an issue, but more how we stay compliant with the PSR rules then it could happen. In reality if he is available I am pretty sure he will have more attractive options open to him.
  23. Was later seen in the mosh pit with Top and Cooper going off their nut to Fire 🔥
  24. I would post it a pic but don’t want to get a ban for posting indecent images 😂
  25. I think they might have been referring to the shorts 🤮
×
×
  • Create New...