Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Claudio Fannieri

Member
  • Posts

    5,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri

  1. Did you actually read the post, I suggested Pearson as an alternative if we go down the route of appointing mediocrity like Ole or Cooper, he is nowhere near my 1st choice but would rather go back down this route than make a bang average appointment
  2. I am probably going to be slated for this but genuinely if we are looking at someone of the ilk of Cooper or Ole I would rather we give the job to Pearson for 2/3 seasons with a view to restablishing our cutting edge approach to recruitment, analytics and sports science. Ideally bring him in with a young innovative coaching team and with a succession plan for his Assistant to step up and replace him in a couple of years. I would be looking at someone like Wellens and King to be part of the coaching set up with Wellens stepping up once Pearson has decided to step back.
  3. Rudders has travelled to Stamford Bridge to snap up Frankie Lampard with a coaching team of Uncle Harry, the Forest fan Vicky McClure and Robbie Williams 😂
  4. Depends on the terms of the deal, he may have taken a significant wage drop in return for longer term security. If he can replicate his form from last season I have no issue at all with it. I have a feeling he will play an important role for us, all in all a good dependable pro who was hung out to dry by Rodgers and as soon as he was shown a modicum of trust and belief was excellent. However if we have committed to similar wages to his last contract and extended by 3 years then I tend to agree that we have learnt absolutely nothing.
  5. His Forest connections have no bearing on my opinion of him. I couldn’t care less their previous club history I just want the best available candidate to take over and who can deliver entertaining, progressive football that can deliver relative success. The potential appointment of Cooper is such a meh move in my opinion. It’s not one that fills me with excitement for the forthcoming season, however I hope I am wrong and he is a roaring success, I won’t be wishing him to fail, I just cannot see him being a good long term appointment.
  6. Appreciate the information, appears this is far from a foregone conclusion as from the sound of it, there are a number of sticking points. interestingly not from the Wassarman stable, he is represented by CAA Base Ltd who also represent Maddison and Casadei. personally I still think it will be someone else, we always seem to have a name leaked as front runner and then they fall away, happened with Scott Parker last year, Preki etc. Will be an interesting 48 hours or so to see what develops
  7. Interestingly on the price of football podcast there was a question in relation to return on investment and we finished 20th …..bottom of the league below both Forest and Everton who have had points deductions and deemed financial basket cases, make no mistake, the concerns the likes of @CosbehFox @Chocolate Teapot and @st albans fox raise around the current state of the club and how it’s being managed or mis managed clearly has some foundation.
  8. The reason I feel like that, is that I felt given the perceived interference he experienced at Forest, then you would expect he would have walked and yet he stayed for a long time accepting a situation that clearly was not sustainable for him as manager of the football club, to an outsider, his position had been completely undermined and untenable, he was a dead man walking for a long time before finally being put out of his misery. I may be wrong in this assessment but he is also giving me Chris Wilder vibes, a good manager who delivered premier league football, had a decent season but then their managerial limitations were exposed. Personally it’s not a direction I want to see us go down, doesn’t mean I am right, but I have serious reservations as to whether Cooper has peaked, my preference would be to take a punt on an up coming progressive manager with a higher ceiling but maybe a bit more risk, rather than Cooper and managers of that ilk.
  9. My big fear after Maresca, who clearly challenged the club in areas where he felt it was under performing, that Rudkin et al will go to self preservation mode and appoint a manager of the ilk of Cooper, who they feel potentially will provide less challenge of the club rather than go for someone more progressive but who will demand far higher standards and expectations which potentially exposes failings and shortcomings within certain departments within the club.
  10. Really hope not, just seems a pretty lazy and uninspiring appointment.
  11. Interesting, really hope it’s an exciting and innovative appointment. Any inside track on candidates?
  12. Bit of a shit show all round, Maresca runs off at the earliest opportunity, whilst the club clearly have no desire to challenge themselves or look to shake things up, preferring to maintain the comfortable environment. in reality it’s highly likely that the status quo will maintain at the club and now Maresca has moved on, it will allow Rudkin and Top to continue relatively unchallenged.
  13. It is a funny situation with VK and whether he could come back given some of the reported issues he had with a certain group of players, even though a couple have moved on, is the damage done and could it be repaired.
  14. I think it’s more a case that Enzo has been away on holiday and therefore highly likely announcement will be tomorrow.
  15. I see Rudkin in a similar light to when Boris Johnson was Prime Minister, I find myself wondering how he has managed to hoodwink so many to end up in such a top job and despite being a complete and utter buffoon and being complicit in driving the place into the ground, he still hangs around, clinging on for grim death. The frustration then turns into utter contempt for him, I just hope we end up with the same relief that like Johnson one day Rudkin will eventually go. I just hope when it happens we are more successful in finding a decent replacement.
  16. I think he would be a great replacement, was really impressed by West Brom particularly in the game at the KP where they gave us a real fright and but for some poor finishing and an inspired performance by Hamza we could and should have been on the back of a bit of a hiding.
  17. Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper and will go on to be one of the best, however I think this is an area where we can replace him and move forward without it having too much of an adverse effect. Stolrcryk is a talent and there will be decent options out there and if it means we can be PSR complaint without having to cash in on KDH then happy days.
  18. 5 years doesn’t really mean a lot, it’s the termination clause that determines the level of compo payable if he is sacked. So it could be a 5 year deal but only a 12 month severance payment and could also be linked to achieving or not achieving certain performance objectives.
  19. Given they have asked for permission suggests that high level details have already been agreed either via talks with his representatives or informal talks with Enzo. For it too get to this stage it’s highly unlikely to fall through now. Deal all but already done IMO I wouldn’t be shocked or surprised if this is announced in the next 24 hours.
  20. That type of thinking won’t go down well on here with the gerrit forward massive 😂
  21. If Enzo does leave I think Rudkin breathes a massive sigh of relief and lives to fight on and the club pretty much carries on as per, my biggest concern with Enzo leaving is who the hell do they bring in.
  22. If Enzo and his backroom team do move to Chelsea, it is highly likely we willl pocket somewhere in the region of £15m as a group, if the club are sensible and target managers who are available or have a very low release clause than it does lessen the PSR pressures heading up to the end of June. Whilst i recognise Moyes is potentially a safe pair of hands and available I really cannot see the owner and the club moving away from the playing style. Therefore I think we will target out of work managers of the ilk of Potter and Rosenior, I think Russell Martin will feature if Saints don’t go up and I think Corberan will also be considered if his release fee is pretty low.
  23. Would definitely be the choice for me
  24. Weirdly Enzo is the 5/2 favourite on betfair and yet when I look at oddschecker he doesn’t seem to appear in the betting.. interestingly the sky sports link to Enzo is unclear as to whether it’s via a Chelsea source or if it has been leaked by somebody within Maresca’s camp. Therefore it’s difficult to ascertain how genuine the interest or if its agent driven to help secure interest or leverage on ongoing contract discussions with Top and Rudkin.
×
×
  • Create New...