-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
I think we are leaking to the media we are holding out for £40m but will end up meeting Chelsea half way and it being £35m with some add ons that potentially take it to £40m.
-
There is nothing to say that Moder is a directly replacement for KDH, it could be we sign another midfielder to come in as starter and Moder is more of a rotation option and one to come off the the bench. In regards the fee it’s highly likely that it won’t be £10m up front, more likely to be £6-7.5m and the rest in add ons.
-
Same agency as Cooper, makes you wonder if we make a pact that we only deal with the agency who represent our manager at the time
-
Monday 1st July
-
We have been linked to Carvahlo on Twitter
-
Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ryy's topic in Leicester City Forum
I think we are in the southern section this year so if we do there is definitely something fishy going on -
I have had personal experience of the good side of the ownership of the club and how they will go above and beyond, which suggests that Top is very similar to Vichai, in regards to personal interaction with fans, however the general treatment of fans as now just customers of the club does grate massively with me and I feel the club as an organisation has become so disconnected in its decision making and strategy. I think Top either needs to try and devote more time to the club or needs to be ruthless and have a complete overhaul of the executive team that make both the day to day football and commercial/operations side as it is becoming more and more removed from a football club and more a retail/commercial entity.
-
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
Claudio Fannieri replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
A question for @st albans fox if Top was to generate additional shares to raise investment could this help us navigate PSR breach if transactioned before end of June? I remember the owner of Southampton doing something similar IIRC -
It was merely a question given we now have a new manager that may well have changed the landscape, so it does make sense to ask. We may not have offered a new contract at the time because Enzo didn’t want him
-
I know it’s been officially announced he has been released but that was obviously prior to the appointment of Cooper, I wouldn’t be overly shocked or surprised to see him given a years contract, provides good cover and consummate professional who I can imagine would be appreciated by a manager like Cooper.
-
Is this nailed on or just a guess based on his previous coaching teams? I find it strange that Tate hasnt been formally announced as he is unemployed so you would expect him to be appointed pretty much the same day, so could it be that the make up of his backroom team is going to be different to previous. Hopefully we will start to see his team take shape and a few announcements made over the coming 72 hours.
-
Taking aside the club led interview, I thought he came across refreshed, focused, hungry and most importantly genuinely excited by the challenge and opportunity. Interesting that he has already been in contact with a number of the squad and it does seem that he has been in direct contact with the club for a number of weeks which would suggest this has been bubbling for a while, so clearly the club hasn’t been sat on its hands. I have a feeling Stevie Cooper believes he has a massive point to prove after his experience down the road, I don’t take his relationship with Forest or its fanbase as a bad thing, it shows he immerses himself into the club, its culture and community. He seems a really down to earth, decent human being and I have a feeling he will end up becoming a very popular manager with our fanbase.
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
I think he would be good value, he is a quality player arguably in the wrong team, I think if Cooper wants him he would be a great addition and I don’t think he would be ridiculously expensive in terms of fee or wages. plus if we do go down he is a player ideally suited to help us get back up. -
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 couldn’t agree more, hopefully clean slate for him, Souttar etc and let’s see how the new manager wants to utilise the squad, I have no doubt some out of favour players will come back into the reckoning whilst there may be some of last seasons main starters who find themselves on the periphery.
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
I can see us going in for Joel Piroe if we decide to go for another striker especially if we move on Daka or Cannon goes out on loan. Piroe signed for Swansea on 2nd July 2021 and Cooper only left on 21st July that same year so highly likely he was involved in the recruitment. We have previously held an interest and given Leeds didn’t come up, it wouldn’t surprise me if we rekindle our interest plus he offers something very different from our current strikers -
The more I read and research about Steve Cooper the happier I feel about the appointment. I really hope in his time away from the game he has taken stock of good and bad from his time at Forest and will come to us a better Manager with a point to prove, which can be a really plus for us. He will get my 100% support and I absolute want him to be a massive success at the club, what I really want to see is some stability and a Manager who is here for a period of time as this will be our 4th Manager in the last 18 months.
-
Yes he has got his coaching badges and had been involved with coaching at Bristol City. Given he is a superb professional and his affinity with the club I think a lot of fans see that he would be a good asset to have at the club in some sort of coaching capacity, be that with the 1st team or with the academy.
-
As I said yesterday pretty underwhelming appointment, however I am 100% behind him and I hope he is successful and proves me and the other doubters wrong as invariably we all want LCFC to succeed. Hope he is given sufficient backing to at least give it a real good go and isn’t set up to fail and be the fall guy by our wonderful DoF and owners
-
I agree and let’s be honest if we do get relegated it’s highly likely that Cooper would get the sack anyway. I don’t think there is any strategy or planning, it’s just a cheap and cheerful option and probably one where the DoF and board will have the least challenge of the way the club is run.
-
I just hope the 3 year deal comes with a moderate salary and performance related severance package. I do have a strange feeling that the club will insist on Paul Gallagher and Andy King being involved in the backroom staff as some sort of sweetener especially when a lot of Coopers previous backroom staff are gainfully employed
-
I have said it before and say it again, he reminds of when Boris Johnson was Prime Minister, all you could do was shake your head and wonder how the feck he got the job and then just hope and pray he left before it could get any worse, unfortunately it kept getting worse and now the country is on it arse, he has finally gone but it will take a generation to solve the issues and nobody any good will want the job of rebuilding the country. The parallels with LCFC and Rudkin is unbelievable 🥲
-
Completely uninspiring, underwhelming and unimaginative appointment. All of the positivity and momentum from last season has been drained back out of the club by the owners and DoF. I have never felt so flat, disinterested and disconnected from the club as I do now. Do we really think this appointment aligns with supposed strategy and vision, absolutely not, massive hike in ticket prices, pocket a shit load of compo for our manager and appoint his replacement out of the bargain bin, just watch a load of cheap and cheerful signings come in and a few of the remaining jewels sold, feels like this season will be nothing more than an opportunity to refil the financial coffers. Fixtures had been out less than 2 hours when I got LCFC hospitality on trying to seduce me into buying packages, guess they will get a reply once the formal announcement is made. Nothing against Cooper it’s not his fault, but what an absolutely dire appointment by the club. Clueless and so far removed from the fanbase I am done with the ownership and Rudkin, just wish they would leave now as they are slowly killing this club and everything that was good about it 🥲
-
Whatever happens we end playing all the teams twice but I do think overall the fixture computer has been reasonably kind to us as in every calendar month we have very winnable fixtures so hopefully this means we don’t go on too many morale draining long runs of games where we aren’t picking up points. The run in is reasonably kind however if we do get a honking deduction then it does present the opportunity that we could get relegated at the Shitty Ground 😩
-
If we land Potter that is a real statement of intent from the club and arguably with the squad we will have, we will have strengthened. Whilst I think Enzo will do brilliantly at a Chelsea with such a talented group of players at his disposal, I also think this season we would have struggled with him at the helm, with Potter i think we will still keep the possession principles but I think his style will mean we are more solid and even with a points deduction ranging anywhere between -6 and -50 😂 I think he will give us a decent chance of staying up, Finally the club have landed their man, I am not sure it’s necessarily a case of him never wanting to be here, I just don’t think the timing has ever been quite right. I actually think he is a very good fit for the club and will be a very sound appointment.
-
Joking aside are you able to share what you know with the rest of the class?
