-
Posts
6,051 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Everything posted by LCFCJohn
-
They were all getting very excited about finding out whether they were going to make the cut for season tickets and waiting eagerly for the email yesterday. Bless ‘em.
-
How can you lot not see that you are clapping us along the road to going bust by supporting this owner? This careful what you wish for is the biggest load of BS. That implies things could be worse. We are literally at the lowest point in our history right now. How do you not realise this? I am baffled by what goes through you lots heads! And by the way, just because you were born earlier, it does not make you a better fan. It just makes you an older person. That is how dates of births work. I am 33 and am older than someone who is 28 as well you know. Amazing that!
- 366 replies
-
- 15
-
-
-
I think Nelson’s time at the club would have gone much better had he had the chance to form a partnership with Souttar rather than Vestergaard and Okoli….
-
F*** off. Come on Millwall. Show how easily this lot can fall apart.
-
Yeah that’s what I was referring to.
-
Or a piss taker?
-
Fair enough, it needs highlighting.
-
What did they say
-
Hope we get absolutely battered. Like 4-0 or 5-0. It’s meaningless. That line up is pathetic. This is the worse season in our history and a complete humiliation. Any positive results in the last 2 would just be used to deflect an try to paper over the cracks. We need final humiliation in these final 2 game. Come on Millwall!
-
Embarrassing. Literally jumping up and down in delight at us getting relegated. People like that have no right to call themselves ‘fans’.
-
Kone with 1 year left went for at least that from Wycombe of a similar standing. With 3 years on his contract, you’re talking minimum about £6 mill, likely £7/8 mill. This is the minimum a young striker even at L1 level with years left will go for unfortunately.
-
How do we resolve the fan divide issue
LCFCJohn replied to Jabbaranks's topic in Leicester City Forum
We do seem to have an above average older fan base. Every other post you see in some places refers to 50+ years and back in the good old 60’s and 70’s. Whether these people did actually follow us then I don’t know but I don’t doubt they were around them in an ‘on the planet’ way. Younger fan have either been blocked from accessing the games or driven away by the bitter behaviour you have described. The original comment you referred to may not have been classy in the context but it’s a relevant point to the future of the fan base. Fast forward a number of years, even 10/20 years, the number could dwindle quite fast and not be getting replaced as we missed the boat. Our future could we well floundering about in L1/L2 with crowds of say, 10k…. -
I’d sooner treat it on a case by case basis. Pearson brought Kevin Phillips in when he was nearly 40 I think and he was valuable experience. Obviously not for the starting 11 and that’s an extreme example on the age side. But there are plenty of players in their waely 30’s who aren’t broken. It’s only because we manage to find the broken players!
-
Why would he likely be cheap when he’d under contract until 2029? He will cost more than we have that’s for sure.
-
Just saw one person on a post about a boycott on Friday calling those protesting plastics and then in the next breathe, praising Sheffield Wednesday fans for their attendances and backing their team. Yeah, this is the same Sheffield Wednesday who’s fans (rightly) boycotted and protested earlier in the season to force their toxic owner out. Some people really just talk crap don’t they?
-
How do we resolve the fan divide issue
LCFCJohn replied to Jabbaranks's topic in Leicester City Forum
This subject has been troubling me more than relegation itself. I have seen some of the posts and subsequent comments across various Facebook groups and the answer is it won’t be fixed. This fan base is too broken now. The ownership debate has become too divisive. It may over the course of many many years ease if KP sell and people move on. The only other way is a phoenix club and each fan group going separate ways. It’s bitter hatred to the extent city rivals are. It’s madness. -
I thought this. You get teams like Everton and Forest who rightfully have the title of turds that can’t be flushed. No matter how many times they are stinking the league out, they somehow survive. Yet, aside from 2015 when it was all about Pearson and his men, any time we are in a serious relegation battle, we flush the first time of asking. I guess there are some like 2017 with Ranieri where you could argue we escaped but there was plenty of the season to go. The only one I can think of where we have done the job at the pressurised, business end of the season was 2015.
-
How do we resolve the fan divide issue
LCFCJohn replied to Jabbaranks's topic in Leicester City Forum
Absolutely spot on. The aggression and abuse is so sad and honestly shows the fanbase is beyond repair. The only answers are KP selling and them drifting off or a phoenix club. On your last few lines, it’s amazing how they will literally make stuff up. If you don’t mind me asking, what was said back to you? How on earth did that cause offence? -
How do we resolve the fan divide issue
LCFCJohn replied to Jabbaranks's topic in Leicester City Forum
Decent shout. There really is a lot of things in life that you can put down to people having ‘daddy issues’ -
As culpable as anyone this season but a lovely goal that was last night. Frustrating that he can do it but it’s so infrequent.
-
I didn’t watch the game and checked the result at the end. I don’t feel anything about the relegation. But this thread is what angers me. KP will go at some point. All owners do. But fans are supposed to be the constant. And the fact we have so many celebrating and glorifying relegation to the third tier is sad, pathetic and infuriating in equal measure. The club has no future with Aiyawatt, Rudkin and these KPFC cult morons. Our only hope is they are tied to Aiyawatt/KP and at whatever point a change of ownership comes, if they haven’t lost interest and drifted away already, that they leave the club alone, stop attending and stay true to their loyalty to KP.
-
Oh I’ve had some right nonsense from it. I asked it a bit back where we would have to finish to be in our worse 10 seasons (obviously what has happened since has made that easier)! And I was told by a particularly venomous poster I was an idiot essentially for trusting AI . So I’m not doing that! I had looked up some of these to see the likelihood which is how I knew. I don’t think we will be spending fees and relying on loans and freebies anyway but if someone had a year left maybe.
-
A number of these are wrong. Ballard - 2029 Wareham - 2027 Marriott - 2028 Taylor - 2029 Clarke - 2029 Good news is 38 David Mcgoldrick is indeed out of contract and available! Fletcher too.
-
Yep, I’ve been mentioned it for a while. And deservedly so. Pearson’s 2008-2009 side were far too good and would give this current side a pasting (even if many of them are in their 50’s now)! Aiyawatt deserves to be in charge when that title is taken next season. And it will as there is no chance we are winning that league.
-
Less than I thought. Maybe the figure I had it my head was the posturing they did beforehand. Id still imagine if we are spending fees at all, we’ll look for players with a year left. Wareham above maybe. Hard to know what we will do.
