-
Posts
6,051 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Everything posted by LCFCJohn
-
Emil Riis joins on 4 year deal - Official
LCFCJohn replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Tom Cannon got one against Huddersfield I think. And like someone said, Chris Wood. -
Stockport County 3-4 LCFC - Post Match Thread
LCFCJohn replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Winning away at Stockport is a very good result but you’d almost rather 2-1 or something. Scoring 4 and the new guys scoring is great, especially 2 for Riis as we need a guy up top we can have confidence in to bag. But conceding 3 after last week and being 4-1 up just really highlights our weaknesses and does take the shine off what is a positive 3 points. -
Where did I say it was fact? I expressed it as an opinion based on strong likelihood. You remember where McFarlane is on loan from right? You don’t think he knows standards being from the City Group?
-
Or they don’t like what they are seeing, have some standards and have said something and been banished as a result.
-
What does it even mean though? Maybe someone with more knowledge can say but it’s not going to make more people suddenly lose IQ enough to vote for them!
-
I mean it’s the most obvious scenario
-
Called out one of both of the poor standards at the club or Martin costing us points by setting up with a system not to win.
-
Let it all go bang, quicker it does the quicker we might actually reset and have a future…
-
So basically Bristvic and McFarlane have called out the shit standards at the club and/or Martin setting us up not to win games and been binned off. Great….
-
Love this! I think ‘wind your neck in, you’ve nothing to say’ is a good one to quote back at KP defenders!
-
Would we not be better off actually going into administration so that administrators are responsible for selecting the new owner? If it’s left to Aiyawatt and KP, we will get some crook. I’m not saying anyone is likely to sink us lower than KP have but similarly, anyone they select to sell to, I wouldn’t have faith they will get us to bounce back. I think I’d rather it be taken out of their hands to be honest.
-
Not arsed how the manager dresses. I wouldn’t mind a manager who wins more than 1 game a year though. I know a lot of our fans won’t feel the same and think that will be entitled of me but just my opinion like.
-
Not really that relevant to us, these two are likely to be fighting it out at the top end of the league
-
Joking aside, as others have said, it is likely to be more youth internationals than senior so we’d be up shit creek as it’s the senior ‘experienced’ players letting us down!
-
Having managed higher profile clubs does not make a better manager. A manager can also be unsuited purely due to the style they try to use. I think the use of the word suitable in relation to Martin and this job is interesting for this reason, as we are seeing in the early games that what he is trying to do is entirely unsuited to success in this league. You do need pace, power and physicality, and the later I don’t mean kicking lumps out of opponents but just strengths. We have still managed to assemble a fairly slow, weak side which is struggling to compete despite the fact that we probably do have superior technical ability. I’m not getting into naming other managers but to flip it, collectively, how many of the other 23 managers in this league right now would have only managed 5 points in the first 5 games, including a hammering at home, with the squad we have? I’d suggest most of them would have achieved a better points tally from these games purely by simplifying things.
-
Stockport (A) | Sat 12-Sep | 15:00 KO - Pre Match
LCFCJohn replied to Foxes96's topic in Leicester City Forum
Timely reminder that Stockport were in the National League North as we were winning the PL….. No decline to see her though guys, all normal! -
He said where you’re at. That looks more like the clubs status to me!
-
And not try and disguise true motives. ’Stop the boats‘ - is actually view that many of us want to see. But those protesting really mean ‘no brown faces at all, even those who are here legally, have grown up here and contribute to society and the economy’ ’Make our streets safer’ - but it’s ok for them to smash up our towns and cities, set fires to people’s property and cause fear. ’Protect our women and children’ - in the context of many Reform types having records for crimes in this area, what they really mean is ‘they are my women and children to assault’. Just own what it’s really about.
-
What is our rock bottom and when do we hit it?
LCFCJohn replied to Sly's topic in Leicester City Forum
I had forgotten about Spurs. The Bolton and Villa ones in the 2001-2004 time came to mind. Even thought they weren’t world beaters, the context here of being in the third tier, us having the most resources and deepest squad, make this the worst and most unacceptable in my view. -
I’m well aware it is a different sport, solo rather than team for a start. It was more just an example of the mentality it takes to win once vs going again and having that mentality and motivation. That can be applied to any sport. In the context of football, my point was clear, if players can’t understand why the fans are getting angry at the current situation, I expect they will not make it at the highest level due to mentality. I am not disagreeing with your points. I do think that passiveness and lack of motivation from the stands is as or more damaging that outright protests and anger though. Anger can motivate people to prove you wrong, it can spur on. Passiveness and an attitude of we won the league and cup so it doesn’t matter if we fall out the football league or go bust is going to spread in its own way to the pitch. I’d think supporting Leicester as we all do, for the reason we do and the backdrop of glory supporters around us as you say, would create a more passionate but weirdly the title and FA cup wins seem to have stopped large numbers of our fans from any level of aspiration or having any standards that we expect in terms of effort levels and showing the basics. I don’t think you need to stop posting. It’s all good natured debate and we mostly ultimately share the same view on the problems.
-
That’s underwhelming…. Surely Sheff Weds was the move. Take a lower wage and fire your hometown club back up. Given Vardy has the ‘story’, that would have been a much better last chapter.
-
I’d like to think that any players with the mentality you’d want playing for the club, would realise that any reaction from the fanbase is entirely warranted and in this case, not necessarily even aimed at them as they haven’t (in most cases) been around for the decline. The difference between athletes who consistently achieve is mentality. Look at someone like Emma Raducanu. Won a major but although she’s had injuries, hasn’t got the mentality seemingly of a serial winner like your Williams sisters or the obvious guys on the men’s side of the sport. Same with football, if they can’t see that the fans are justified in their frustrations, they just don’t get it and won’t be successful anyway. Same with our fans base. All those who aren’t absolutely fuming, you can tell they haven’t ever had success whether in sport or otherwise as there are the lack of standards that you have when that ambition is ingrained into you. There’s just a very loser mentality in the club, from the owner, DoF, manager and the fanbase.
-
What is our rock bottom and when do we hit it?
LCFCJohn replied to Sly's topic in Leicester City Forum
Genuinely, all things considered, that has to be our worst home (league) defeat ever surely? A couple of big ones against non-elite sides in the top flight come to mind (5-0 to Bolton under the spud peeler and same score to Villa in the Adams season). Biggest home defeat in our only other third tier season was 2-0. I looked it up yesterday and there was a couple of big ones in the 1920’s in the second tier but this was a time where bigger scorelines were frequent. In this day and age, in the third tier, 4-0 at home is unthinkable and has to be pound for pound, a worst home league result ever surely? Or at least for 100 years. -
Stockport (A) | Sat 12-Sep | 15:00 KO - Pre Match
LCFCJohn replied to Foxes96's topic in Leicester City Forum
Got to right this one off as another defeat and another game towards the end of Russell ball if we’re honest and realistic. They will be far too good for us. -
I think in the last 10 years, we have seen a couple of examples of coat-tailing success. I don’t mean to take away from Ranieri at all, the situation in 2016 aligned and I think we all agree that if Pearson had been in charge, we’d have had a good season but not done the impossible. But similarly, Ranieri benefited from what Pearson and his staff had set up and most were still there, including Walsh and Shakespeare. Then we come to the more success after Vichai passed. It was again, a squad built under the previous era, such as left over from the title era or under Puel for his faults with on field performances and results. People also suggest Rodgers was admired by Vichai and not completely Aiyawatt’s man. This also points towards Aiyawatt having dined out on a short spell of success that was primed to be possible before October 2018. What I mean is, I feel like other than when Pearson was in charge, everything seems to have been build on sand, ready to fall down at any time!
