-
Posts
13,699 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Spudulike
-
No one knows what handball is anymore. No one.
-
.... and a shite keeper
-
It goes back to a couple of seasons ago when Top and the ownership struggled to accept the criticism that came their way. It stung and from their reaction seemed to come as a surprise given what the club has been through, clearly losing contact with supporters who they believed were grateful and in awe of everything they do. Perhaps the first time the owner had ever received negative feedback. It wasn't taken well and the result has been a PR disaster. No communication will be the downfall of King Power and LCFC. It's probably already too late for some but it can't go on like this.
-
It wasn't exactly a bowl of cherries at times under Enzo either. As crap as it was today, it was no worse than Millwall, Plymouth, Bristol City and others that I've tried to forget. Like to think it's an early wake-up call but that relies on players that have determination and pride. Not seen much of that.
-
Preston fans would laugh if they read some of this stuff criticising our team. We are better in all departments. The big difference is attitude, focus and grit.
-
Soumare has to play, it's the law.
-
Bilal El Khannouss (Stuttgart loan, official)
Spudulike replied to lcfc_forever's topic in Transfer Talk
The player may have decided it was a club that he didn't want to go to. Can't force him to go. His decision. Point is that no one has a clue. Nowt to do with us. -
Bilal El Khannouss (Stuttgart loan, official)
Spudulike replied to lcfc_forever's topic in Transfer Talk
Might have been triggered days ago for all we know. -
Shame this has leaked out if there's any truth in it.
-
More highly rated on Foxestalk
-
I agree. I just meant that Benficas rating of the player has most probably increased due to possible outside interest. Kerching.
-
They must rate him very highly to leave him out of the squad for the first 3 matches. Of course they rate him if they know an English club is showing interest
-
....with an option to buy? Sounds like the deal we had with Sporting for Abdul.
-
James Justin (signed for Leeds, official. 10m.)
Spudulike replied to SouthStandUpperTier's topic in Transfer Talk
Just smile and tell them that he's far too good for Leeds. -
Bilal El Khannouss (Stuttgart loan, official)
Spudulike replied to lcfc_forever's topic in Transfer Talk
Things change and vacancies increase when getting close to the transfer window closure. A club, or more, might become desperate to fill a gap after losing a player and will throw an over inflated offer at the selling club. I suspect that we'd still sell if the release clause valuation was met at any stage. Unless an unlikely bidding war kicked-off. -
This is going to play right into the hands of the 2-tier believers. Perhaps they have a point?
-
James Justin (signed for Leeds, official. 10m.)
Spudulike replied to SouthStandUpperTier's topic in Transfer Talk
We always look vulnerable down our right flank when JJ is playing. Arguable whether it's his lack of positioning or being over exposed by tactical formations. Never reached those heady heights of England recognition following that long ACL lay-off resulting in loss of some pace, one of his main attributes. Suppose we were spoiled by having Simmo. JJ has scored some cracking goals for us though. Like Wilf, he's been a good character and will miss him if he goes. Time moves on. -
A bloke doesnt look right without a wrist watch. Always had one and feel completely lost and lopsided with a bare wrist. I've not had that many in my lifetime as I just tend to keep them until they stop working. Always been cheap ones. However, I'm now at that stage where I can afford a decent watch. When my Dad died I found his 9ct gold Garrard from the 70's, engraved as presented by the company he worked for. Lovely mechanical timepiece but can't wear it as a daily. Works perfectly and will come out for my sons wedding in Italy next month. So, I went down the Youtube rabbit hole of searching out something decent for my daily watch. Didn't realise there are so many collectors out there with so much snobbery. I set my self a maximum spend of £1k as although I can afford more will be worried about getting mugged or damaging it. Most of the aficionados turn their noses up at quartz watches and I sort of get that. However, maintenance costs for an automatic are crazy. £200 for a Tissot service after 3-5 years ownership! Must be many automatics in the £300 bracket dumped at first sign of breakdown. Unfortunately, I dont like the ticking second hand on a quartz, reminding me of a school clock counting down to break time. What to do? To cut a long story short I found the answer. A Bulova Jet Star. Lovely looking quartz watch with a sweeping second hand, smoother than a Rolex. At £430 its a bargain and looks class, I think. I'll be happy to wear it as my daily and keep Dads Garrard for special occasions (and pass down to my son). Here it is....
-
The OP was talking about over inflated ego's, players not trying, thinking they are too good to be here. It's been discussed over and over that a laissez-faire attitude seems to originate from Seagrave. Even the players have mentioned it. All that money spent and very little to show at the sharp end.
-
Assuming that we dont need a set piece coach anymore since we are so good at it.
-
Sheff Wed currently beating Bolton. Leeds in the next round. See if their fans show support for the Owls predicament.
-
Tagg's reckons it was a foul. Harsh, he says.
