Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Unlucky? It would appear not

I'd argue with you on both! Semantics are meanings

Semantics are not involved, the definition of the work is clear. It's there in black and white, someone using a word incorrectly isn't semantics, it's just someone using a word incorrectly.

and a bad decision isn't unlucky it's just a bad decision.

That is semantics.

I still think we're overlooking that the game before last week's we benefited from a decision which most neutral commentators seemed to agree was wrong,

And what game would that be and what decision would that be? If you are talking about Huddlestone even Steve Bruce said he had no problem with it. Perhaps you are getting the Mahrez incident muddled up with Huddlestone.

and if you're clutching at straws you're even more likely to feel this.

Who is clutching at straws? Have you even bothered to read the thread, where errrrr literally everyone has said it has little to do with the position we find ourselves in.

feel we've suffered from more bad decisions this season because refereeing is poorer than it used to be and more bad decisions are being made. The same went for the two seasons before that, when Pearson complained occasionally about poor refereeing too, though we tended to forget about all those dubious penalties won for us by Vardy and even the decisions which worked out badly for us, simply because things were going well and we had no need to clutch at straws.

Fans forget things that don't matter shocker.

Even if you believe we have been unlucky, or unfairly treated, we’re only talking about 3 games and 2 points.

A penalty not given that could have given us a 1-1 draw at Man City

A penalty conceded that could have cost us a 2-2 draw at Spurs

Liverpool we got a point anyway.

So even if you believe that all the Gods, the Fates, karma, omens and gypsy curses are against us... AND that all the referees in the land and the FA have got it in for us… we’d still be bottom. Just not by so much.

Even if you believe we have been unlucky, or unfairly treated, we’re only talking about 3 games and 2 points.

Liverpool could have been two points more, so using your model surely it's 4 points.

we’d still be bottom. Just not by so much.

Which is errrr what everyone has pretty much said.

Liverpool could have been two points more, so using your model surely it's 4 points.

It's not really a model... just things that would of happened according to me.

Which is errrr what everyone has pretty much said.

I'm just agreeing with everyone then (for once). Which is nice. :)

So even if you believe that all the Gods, the Fates, karma, omens and gypsy curses are against us... AND that all the referees in the land and the FA have got it in for us… we’d still be bottom. Just not by so much.

Which could make a significant difference could it not?

Which could make a significant difference could it not?

Well no. The point is that every team has decisions that go against them. Week after week.

It's an age-old truth that you just don't get the decisions at the big clubs. We've been robbed at those 3 games, but you can be sure that every other club in the league has their own hard-luck stories about penalties not given or off-side goals conceded, or sendings-off... Even Chelsea moan about their luck!

Given that we've only lost 2 - 4 odd points due to refs in 3 out of 29 games,  I don't think that's too much worth moaning about. That sort of bad luck evens itself out over the season.

Well no. The point is that every team has decisions that go against them. Week after week.

It's an age-old truth that you just don't get the decisions at the big clubs. We've been robbed at those 3 games, but you can be sure that every other club in the league has their own hard-luck stories about penalties not given or off-side goals conceded, or sendings-off... Even Chelsea moan about their luck!

Given that we've only lost 2 - 4 odd points due to refs in 3 out of 29 games,  I don't think that's too much worth moaning about. That sort of bad luck evens itself out over the season.

Chelsea moan about it because Mourinho's more powerful than the FA. It was the same with Ferguson. No-one actually sits there and believes the rubbish he comes out with do they?

I'd normally be happy to write it off and say fair enough, they do even themselves out, but still not a single person on here has provided any evidence of that.

There's nothing we can do about it, but even so...

Chelsea moan about it because Mourinho's more powerful than the FA. It was the same with Ferguson. No-one actually sits there and believes the rubbish he comes out with do they?

I'd normally be happy to write it off and say fair enough, they do even themselves out, but still not a single person on here has provided any evidence of that.

There's nothing we can do about it, but even so...

What kind of evidence do you want? Watch motd, they'll be a bad decision in every game.

I find it strange how a number of those who are anti-Pearson almost seem to want it to be the case our points total is entirely deserved. They're adamant that the numerous poor decisions that have gone against us don't matter / weren't unfair / weren't really bad decisions.

inckley fox honestly seems to revel in it. He delights in the idea that Pearson's done a bad job and wants to hammer it home to everyone.

Fvcking weird.

I find it strange how a number of those who are anti-Pearson almost seem to want it to be the case our points total is entirely deserved. They're adamant that the numerous poor decisions that have gone against us don't matter / weren't unfair / weren't really bad decisions.

inckley fox honestly seems to revel in it. He delights in the idea that Pearson's done a bad job and wants to hammer it home to everyone.

Fvcking weird.

I'm not especially anti Pearson, I don't like being associated with the haters but some of the excuse making and denial from the pro Pearson brigade is ridiculous. They are just as bad as the the Pearson out group.

Guest ttfn

I'm not especially anti Pearson, I don't like being associated with the haters but some of the excuse making and denial from the pro Pearson brigade is ridiculous. They are just as bad as the the Pearson out group.

Half of the posts trying to engage with the idea that we've not had our fair share of the breaks are from me and Dan LCFC and we've both nailed our colours to the Pearson out mast, so I'm not sure that necessarily follows.

We've correctly identified poor decisions. That isn't excuse making.

We have had our fair share of bad luck, but that's it a share.

Our major reason for being where we are, is lack of quality from the players and manager.

When we set up not to lose, and sit back and soak up pressure, it is only a matter of time that the lack of quality lets us down, and we concede, and then after going down we go less defensive, and get back in the game, to some extent.

For me that's we haven't been hammered all season, but also why we cannot win a game.

We are not good enough to play systems we are not accustomed to, and should have kept to the tried and tested, that won the championship, and our players are more comfortable with.

We've lost more than 2-4 points because of refs.

Even after the most obvious ones you've got stuff like van Persie's goal at OT. Who knows what would have happened afterwards if that had been officiated correctly?

Never a penalty at Spurs, could have had 2 against them at home.

Even going back to Palace away we should have had a penalty at 0-0.

We'd still be down there but I think we'd be about level with Burnley. Compare the way we've been treated by refs to the way Burnley have been treated. Offside goals not flagged, blind eyes turned to the odd career-ending challenge etc, they've had a fair bit of help.

Shot rebounds off inside of bar, numerous other chances, we were the lucky ones today

really? Perhaps with the crosses when they kept getting behind us and we saw some six yard box ping pong but the one that hit the post - it happens. Poor finishing. It's not like we scored from our only two chances. Lucky is stretching if a bit.

Shot rebounds off inside of bar, numerous other chances, we were the lucky ones today

Yeah mate. Its not like Vardy hit the post either.

Today was an even game, which I think we just about to deserved to win considering penalties usually get scored.

No silly reffing decisions influenced the result today.

As for Foxiled, do you seriously think I believe in curses? It was tongue in cheek! Lmao

Oh look... Another one who can't / doesn't read. Missing chances is nothing to do with luck, it's poor play... As we're told over and over again. And I agree, Nugent missing a penno for example isn't bad luck, it's just a shit penno.

We missed so many chances as well. Kramaric off the line, Vardy shot that went wide and Vardy one on one in the last minute. Theses were as clear cut as their one that hit the post. If anything we were unlucky to have not won by a greater margin, but luck doesn't come from poor chance conversion rates. We were the better side and won. 

Oh look... Another one who can't / doesn't read. Missing chances is nothing to do with luck, it's poor play... As we're told over and over again. And I agree, Nugent missing a penno for example isn't bad luck, it's just a shit penno.

That shot was purely down to luck. On another day, under other conditions it spins in rather then out- that is luck. The way the ball falls after "ping ponging" around in the area is down to luck.

My point is that conveniently people will forget when we have fortune of our own. Yesterday we played well and created some excellent chances but we did have an element of luck as well - any balanced person can see that.

Yeah mate. Its not like Vardy hit the post either.

Today was an even game, which I think we just about to deserved to win considering penalties usually get scored.

No silly reffing decisions influenced the result today.

As for Foxiled, do you seriously think I believe in curses? It was tongue in cheek! Lmao

Did he? He missed the target a few times but I don't recall him hitting the post

Archived