ScouseFox Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Why would it be a joke? The ****ing telegraph agrees and so do a number of pundits so just because you have a weird thing against him doesn't mean you should call valid opinions a joke. +10
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Why would it be a joke? The ****ing telegraph agrees and so do a number of pundits so just because you have a weird thing against him doesn't mean you should call valid opinions a joke. Stop your prattling on. It's not something weird against Cambiasso at all. He really didn't help us much until Huth came in and sorted the team out. You are saying that a slow, 34 year old who helped his team to 19pts in the first 29 games of the season is the best signing of the summer. I'm saying you and anyone who thinks that is blind. I just flicked up the 2014 summer signings and don't need to look further than the first team listed - Arsenal - they only made 5 signings and I think I'd take any one of those 5 over cambiasso. Danny Welbeck - in a heartbeat - just the type of player NP would love. Alexis Sanchez - oh no thanks I'd rather have Estaban. Calum Chambers - a 20 year old international Right back - hell no we don't need him. Do I need to go on? Get your bald coloured glasses off and then maybe you can apologise.
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 I'd go as far to say that in 3 years even you'll agree that Estaban wasn't even the best Argentinian signing that Leicester made this summer!
ScouseFox Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Stop your prattling on. It's not something weird against Cambiasso at all. He really didn't help us much until Huth came in and sorted the team out. You are saying that a slow, 34 year old who helped his team to 19pts in the first 29 games of the season is the best signing of the summer. I'm saying you and anyone who thinks that is blind. I just flicked up the 2014 summer signings and don't need to look further than the first team listed - Arsenal - they only made 5 signings and I think I'd take any one of those 5 over cambiasso. Danny Welbeck - in a heartbeat - just the type of player NP would love. Alexis Sanchez - oh no thanks I'd rather have Estaban. Calum Chambers - a 20 year old international Right back - hell no we don't need him. Do I need to go on? Get your bald coloured glasses off and then maybe you can apologise. you're such an idiot
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 you're such an idiot Maybe I am, but it's you and FoxyMCoxy who think that Cambiasso was the best summer signing in the prem when anyone not on the cambiaid (like other team's supporters) wouldn't have him in the top 30 summer signings.
Foxymcoxy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Stop your prattling on. It's not something weird against Cambiasso at all. He really didn't help us much until Huth came in and sorted the team out. You are saying that a slow, 34 year old who helped his team to 19pts in the first 29 games of the season is the best signing of the summer. I'm saying you and anyone who thinks that is blind. I just flicked up the 2014 summer signings and don't need to look further than the first team listed - Arsenal - they only made 5 signings and I think I'd take any one of those 5 over cambiasso. Danny Welbeck - in a heartbeat - just the type of player NP would love. Alexis Sanchez - oh no thanks I'd rather have Estaban. Calum Chambers - a 20 year old international Right back - hell no we don't need him. Do I need to go on? Get your bald coloured glasses off and then maybe you can apologise. Look your entitled to your opinion (although I have to question whether you have actually watched us play this year) but by now you have to have noticed you are in the minority, He was voted our player of the year and has received many many plaudits from neutrals. So this "Is that a joke?" bollocks has got to stop. Maybe I am, but it's you and FoxyMCoxy who think that Cambiasso was the best summer signing in the prem when anyone not on the cambiaid (like other team's supporters) wouldn't have him in the top 30 summer signings. It is not my opinion, I'm just saying it's a valid one. And you are comparing him directly based on performances to players who cost 30m + so that's probably where you are going wrong....
ScouseFox Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Maybe I am, but it's you and FoxyMCoxy who think that Cambiasso was the best summer signing in the prem when anyone not on the cambiaid (like other team's supporters) wouldn't have him in the top 30 summer signings. He was obviously our best summer signing, and one of the better ones in the league. The best? Not sure, haven't ever said he was. No surprise you're making stuff up again. The guardian had him as the single best value signing all season, let alone top 30 in just the summer. If I was you I'd just not comment any further on cambiasso. Col's slowly realised it and you will one day too, every time you mention his name in a post you make yourself look like more of a complete invalid, despite it seeming like that's barely even possible.
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Look your entitled to your opinion (although I have to question whether you have actually watched us play this year) but by now you have to have noticed you are in the minority, He was voted our player of the year and has received many many plaudits from neutrals. So this "Is that a joke?" bollocks has got to stop. It is not my opinion, I'm just saying it's a valid one. And you are comparing him directly based on performances to players who cost 30m + so that's probably where you are going wrong.... Being in the minority doesn't make someone wrong. Being voted our player of the year doesn't make him the best signing in the prem. Asking if something seemingly incredulous is a joke will continue being as this is a written forum where many people have difficulty in showing whether they are being serious or not. but at least neither you nor I insulted the other (unlike Scouse). If it's not your opinion then you clearly agree with me so perhaps you'd be better off not jumping in where you haven't actually added anything. And being the BEST signing is a superlative (without conditions) therefore price paid doesn't make any difference, but FYI only 1 of the 5 arsenal players cost 30M. And he was a better signing than Cambiasso.
Foxymcoxy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Being in the minority doesn't make someone wrong. Being voted our player of the year doesn't make him the best signing in the prem. Asking if something seemingly incredulous is a joke will continue being as this is a written forum where many people have difficulty in showing whether they are being serious or not. but at least neither you nor I insulted the other (unlike Scouse). If it's not your opinion then you clearly agree with me so perhaps you'd be better off not jumping in where you haven't actually added anything. And being the BEST signing is a superlative (without conditions) therefore price paid doesn't make any difference, but FYI only 1 of the 5 arsenal players cost 30M. And he was a better signing than Cambiasso. Just get used to the fact that everybody else thinks Cambiasso is brilliant and stop acting like that is a surprise to you. Best signing =/= best player that signed. None of the rest of the Arsenal signings were close to as important a signing as Cambiasso.
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 He was obviously our best summer signing, and one of the better ones in the league. The best? Not sure, haven't ever said he was. No surprise you're making stuff up again. The guardian had him as the single best value signing all season, let alone top 30 in just the summer. If I was you I'd just not comment any further on cambiasso. Col's slowly realised it and you will one day too, every time you mention his name in a post you make yourself look like more of a complete invalid, despite it seeming like that's barely even possible. Hopefully you'll get banned from this topic as you've succeeded once again in dragging a topic about 1 player off to a cambi is great thread. My comment - that you have decided to jump in on, was a polite disagreement that Cambiasso wasn't "arguably the best summer signing in the league" I agree with the original poster that Huth was probably the best January signing. Nobody is talking about value for money here. It would be incredibly stupid considering that players out of contract are "free" and it doesn't take into account wages or age or anything else. Best signing of the summer Cambi is not! Your problem is that you see Cambi mentioned without someone saying he's a God and you get all uptight and have to jump in boots and all and of course throw insults around. I certainly hope that Mark gives you a warning for using a derogatory slur of calling me an invalid (you are aware that disabled people read this forum aren't you) in the post directly after calling me an idiot. Maybe you should take your own advice and stop posting about Cambiasso - or at the very least keep it in one of the 50 cambiasso threads available.
IsItMuzzy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Stop your prattling on. It's not something weird against Cambiasso at all. He really didn't help us much until Huth came in and sorted the team out. You are saying that a slow, 34 year old who helped his team to 19pts in the first 29 games of the season is the best signing of the summer. I'm saying you and anyone who thinks that is blind. I just flicked up the 2014 summer signings and don't need to look further than the first team listed - Arsenal - they only made 5 signings and I think I'd take any one of those 5 over cambiasso. Danny Welbeck - in a heartbeat - just the type of player NP would love. Alexis Sanchez - oh no thanks I'd rather have Estaban. Calum Chambers - a 20 year old international Right back - hell no we don't need him. Do I need to go on? Get your bald coloured glasses off and then maybe you can apologise. The way you phrased that would suggest you're saying we had the opportunity to sign Welbeck, Sanchez and Chambers but chose Cambiasso over all of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Just get used to the fact that everybody else thinks Cambiasso is brilliant and stop acting like that is a surprise to you. Best signing =/= best player that signed. None of the rest of the Arsenal signings were close to as important a signing as Cambiasso. In your opinion. You would be surprised how many LEICESTER supporters on here don't agree with you - and WE have that right. Again you are the one changing the goalposts from a discussion which you weren't a part of. And quite clearly HUTH was a far more important signing for us than Cambiasso (and I'd argue that Ulloa and Albrighton going forward - or do you only count 1 year of a signing - were better signings for us too). Just because some of us don't think he's the greatest man on earth doesn't affect him and it shouldn't affect you. We have our opinion, you have yours - we've heard yours too you know.
Xen Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 There's a BIG difference between 'best signing' and 'best player signed'. Teams like arsenal have no problem bringing in the top, top quality players who would walk into our team. Doesn't mean they're better signings though, because everything is relative. Leicester bringing in a midfield maestro in Cambiasso was a hell of a signing, and - particularly on a free - very much worthy of the claims of best signing of the season. Someone like Welbeck is a typical Arsenal signing, not particularly a 'coup' and - while he's done well - hasn't exactly made headlines like Esteban has.
Xen Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Just get used to the fact that everybody else thinks Cambiasso is brilliant and stop acting like that is a surprise to you. Best signing =/= best player that signed. None of the rest of the Arsenal signings were close to as important a signing as Cambiasso. Took so long typing my post on my phone that I missed this...
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 The way you phrased that would suggest you're saying we had the opportunity to sign Welbeck, Sanchez and Chambers but chose Cambiasso over all of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Go back to the original statement - Someone without being agressive claimed that maybe Cambiasso was the best prem signing of the summer. It has nothing to do with whether we could sign anyone else or whether anyone else could sign him. Welbeck was a fantastic signing ( and I'm sure we had the opportunity - but he wasn't as interested in us and other "little" teams as he was Arsenal) lots of us hoped at the time we could sign him.
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 There's a BIG difference between 'best signing' and 'best player signed'. Teams like arsenal have no problem bringing in the top, top quality players who would walk into our team. Doesn't mean they're better signings though, because everything is relative. Leicester bringing in a midfield maestro in Cambiasso was a hell of a signing, and - particularly on a free - very much worthy of the claims of best signing of the season. Someone like Welbeck is a typical Arsenal signing, not particularly a 'coup' and - while he's done well - hasn't exactly made headlines like Es Whatever. I've given my opinion, I'm not asking people to agree, time to move on.
IsItMuzzy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Go back to the original statement - Someone without being agressive claimed that maybe Cambiasso was the best prem signing of the summer. It has nothing to do with whether we could sign anyone else or whether anyone else could sign him. Welbeck was a fantastic signing ( and I'm sure we had the opportunity - but he wasn't as interested in us and other "little" teams as he was Arsenal) lots of us hoped at the time we could sign him. Let's be honest, Welbeck wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. He's a player that wants to be playing regular Champions League football and I doubt anyone at the club even considered him!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guest Col city fan Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 FIF YOU WILL NOT WIN... It's not worth citing figures and stats at certain posters. I'm with you..Esteban Cambiasso was an almost ever present in a side that went on a terrible terrible run of form and, like you, I'm pretty sure that run stopped due to two main things: Robert Huth and a formation change. Pearson got it right in the end. Many will say that Cambiasso's form was consistent across the season and that it was all the other players who couldn't match his quality. Sorry....I don't agree. I remember many games (Swansea away, Villa in the cup etc) where Cambiasso was as poor as everyone else was. It's my opinion and the opinion of everyone I know who ISN'T on here (there's a clue), that Cambiasso also stepped up when everyone else did. The reason for this was because we got better defensively (Huth and knock - on effect on Morgan) AND we played a formation which freed up Cambiasso to do what he does best (controlling the middle). Something, if you recollect, I'd advocated months before. That's how I saw it....... That said, he's a model pro and has been exceptional value for money WHEN we finally sorted the team out around him. Until then, he'd been good and bad. I think Xen has it right above. In value for money terms, Cambiasso may have been 'the best' signing of the season? You can argue that. But 'the best player' signed. No.
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Let's be honest, Welbeck wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. He's a player that wants to be playing regular Champions League football and I doubt anyone at the club even considered him! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk He wanted out of Manure. But that's irrelevant anyway. He's still a better summer signing than the BaldGod
Foxymcoxy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 He wanted out of Manure. But that's irrelevant anyway. He's still a better summer signing than the BaldGod Bizzare.
shade Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 FIF YOU WILL NOT WIN... It's not worth citing figures and stats at certain posters. I'm with you..Esteban Cambiasso was an almost ever present in a side that went on a terrible terrible run of form and, like you, I'm pretty sure that run stopped due to two main things: Robert Huth and a formation change. Pearson got it right in the end. Many will say that Cambiasso's form was consistent across the season and that it was all the other players who couldn't match his quality. Sorry....I don't agree. I remember many games (Swansea away, Villa in the cup etc) where Cambiasso was as poor as everyone else was. It's my opinion and the opinion of everyone I know who ISN'T on here (there's a clue), that Cambiasso also stepped up when everyone else did. The reason for this was because we got better defensively (Huth and knock - on effect on Morgan) AND we played a formation which freed up Cambiasso to do what he does best (controlling the middle). Something, if you recollect, I'd advocated months before. That's how I saw it....... That said, he's a model pro and has been exceptional value for money WHEN we finally sorted the team out around him. Until then, he'd been good and bad. I think Xen has it right above. In value for money terms, Cambiasso may have been 'the best' signing of the season? You can argue that. But 'the best player' signed. No. turning into a battle of semantics, 'best player', so there was a player signed who has accomplished more than cambiasso? or do we mean best player (taking age in to account). this could go on all day.
Babylon Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 I remember many games (Swansea away) where Cambiasso was as poor as everyone else was. The Swansea away where he didn't come on until the 68th minute and we actually looked much better with him on the pitch. Terrible example.
Stevosevic Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 The Swansea away where he didn't come on until the 68th minute and we actually looked much better with him on the pitch. Terrible example. Correct,he was part of a triple substitution
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 The Swansea away where he didn't come on until the 68th minute and we actually looked much better with him on the pitch. Terrible example. Correct,he was part of a triple substitution Please take this to the cambiasso = Class thread where neither I nor Col will reply. This is the Huth is the best signing/player/reason we stayed up thread.
Guest Col city fan Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 The Swansea away where he didn't come on until the 68th minute and we actually looked much better with him on the pitch. Terrible example. Typical Babs. Miss the point by emphasising the bad example. No problem..pick many others.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.