Guest Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Now played 90mins in 10 games W6 D2 L2 20pts - on that form we'd be challenging for the title. Now played 90 mins in 11 games for us. W6 D3 L2 21pts. Also City haven't conceeded a goal with him on the pitch for over 9 hours!!!!! Does anyone remember when our defence was a howling weakness. Sign him up POTS.
st albans fox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Tbh, yesterday looked his weakest performance as he made quite a few rash challenges which gave them good set piece positions. With laursen delivering, I doubt nige was too impressed. to balance that, if that was his weakest performance .............
Guest Col city fan Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Putting everything into context, I don't think I'd over-exaggerate if I said Huth is possibly Nigel Pearson's best ever signing. I firmly believe, without Huth, this team would have been relegated.
Mark_w Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Putting everything into context, I don't think I'd over-exaggerate if I said Huth is possibly Nigel Pearson's best ever signing. I firmly believe, without Huth, this team would have been relegated. I'm with you on that believe it or not, he's been player of the season for me.
Babylon Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Now played 90 mins in 11 games for us. W6 D3 L2 21pts. Also City haven't conceeded a goal with him on the pitch for over 9 hours!!!!! Does anyone remember when our defence was a howling weakness. Sign him up POTS. 9 hours!! Good stat.
desertfox2 Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 We cant afford any messing around with him or cambiasso. We should have had a offer to Stoke on the table this morning. And a new contract for cambiasso. It's essential we get them both signed up before anyone else can come sniffing around. I'm sure Huth would want to stay here, he's playing football and the fans love him. Cambiasso the same.
sdb Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Now played 90 mins in 11 games for us. W6 D3 L2 21pts. Also City haven't conceeded a goal with him on the pitch for over 9 hours!!!!! Does anyone remember when our defence was a howling weakness. Sign him up POTS. that is mad
Kinowe Soorie Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Huth makes defending look easy. Always a good sign of a player. Similar to Tunchev before he got injured.
The Horse's Mouth Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Putting everything into context, I don't think I'd over-exaggerate if I said Huth is possibly Nigel Pearson's best ever signing. I firmly believe, without Huth, this team would have been relegated. Without doubt, really is amazing the impact he has had on that backline.
Finn Claw II Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 I forgot Huth went off vs. Chelsea. Yup the 9 hour stat is pretty amazing.
Cincinnati Fox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Need him to sign I think pullis at wba and also villa will be after him
ScouseFox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 he was definitely the worst of the back 3 and put in his worst game for us yesterday, but you can't argue with another clean sheet or with the total transformation of the defence since he started playing games. we used to be nailed on to concede at least two goals in every game so the best we could hope for was a 2-2 draw. chelsea aside, we've only conceded two goals in our last 6 games.
st albans fox Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Need him to sign I think pullis at wba and also villa will be after him You would expect him to favour a move to WBA where he will earn more money than here and play for a manager who he knows inside out. sentiment plays little part at this level. it may come down to who will offer the longest contract if we have competition for his sig
sulfoxide Posted 17 May 2015 Posted 17 May 2015 Brilliant player, but boy, did he sail close to the wind yesterday!
Babylon Posted 18 May 2015 Posted 18 May 2015 Seems like Hughes is open to him going.... Hughes says no final decision has been made on the big German, a Stoke favourite from almost the day he signed in 2009. "We haven't discussed ins and outs yet," said Hughes. "We will speak to Robert when the seasons ends. He may come back and say if there's an option (with Leicester) he would like that option, we'll have to see." "I wasn't really in a position to give Robert opportunities when he went out on loan." "We are pleased he's back fit and well because in the two years I've been here he's only played 12 to 15 games." "It's been a shame he hasn't been available, but the lads have done well to compensate for the loss of a very, very good player." Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Mark-Hughes-wise-Huth-Begovic-reaction/story-26509236-detail/story.html#zDM1q4ZoLLajYiu6.99"
Fox 4 Life Posted 18 May 2015 Posted 18 May 2015 Seems like Hughes is open to him going.... Hughes says no final decision has been made on the big German, a Stoke favourite from almost the day he signed in 2009. "We haven't discussed ins and outs yet," said Hughes. "We will speak to Robert when the seasons ends. He may come back and say if there's an option (with Leicester) he would like that option, we'll have to see." "I wasn't really in a position to give Robert opportunities when he went out on loan." "We are pleased he's back fit and well because in the two years I've been here he's only played 12 to 15 games." "It's been a shame he hasn't been available, but the lads have done well to compensate for the loss of a very, very good player." Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Mark-Hughes-wise-Huth-Begovic-reaction/story-26509236-detail/story.html#zDM1q4ZoLLajYiu6.99" They definitely look open to selling, good news - we need to go in ASAP and get it wrapped up before Villa/WBA types become interested.
fuchsntf Posted 18 May 2015 Posted 18 May 2015 Putting everything into context, I don't think I'd over-exaggerate if I said Huth is possibly Nigel Pearson's best ever signing. I firmly believe, without Huth, this team would have been relegated. Just picked up on this...Agree totally, Wasi has been my POS, but Huths signing was the main turning point.
Bert Posted 18 May 2015 Posted 18 May 2015 Huth is the saviour of our season. Cambiasso head and shoulders has been our player of the season.
FireFox Posted 20 May 2015 Posted 20 May 2015 http://www.whoscored.com/ Or for when it's not the first article on the site: Player Focus: How the Premier League's January Signings Have Fared "Elsewhere Huth, who moved to Leicester on loan at the turn of the year, has perhaps played an even more important role for his side given the Foxes' recent fortunes. Leicester seemed destined for the drop at the end of March, when they footed the table, yet a surge in form gave them a fighting chance of securing their top-flight status. They confirmed their Premier League place for next season with a hard-fought 0-0 draw with Sunderland at the weekend and Huth has played a crucial role since joining Nigel Pearson's team - the 30-year-old defender is currently the Foxes’ highest rated player (7.37) according to WhoScored. Much has been made of Leicester’s performances following the 4-3 defeat to Spurs at the end of March which kick-started their great run of form. In the 8 games since, Pearson’s side have won 6. Over that same period, only Arsenal and Burnley (both 4) have conceded fewer goals than Leicester (6), with Huth vital to their much-improved defensive showings. An average of 1.5 tackles is a commendable return, but it’s the reading of the game that one would expect from a Premier League experienced centre-back that has stood out. Huth is currently averaging the most interceptions per game (3.2) of all Leicester players. Meanwhile, no Foxes player is winning more aerial duels per game than the burly defender (3.8) and an average of 7.8 clearances per match is the best of all Leicester players."
milsey Posted 21 May 2015 Posted 21 May 2015 Bloke who kept huth out of stokes team has just signed for them on a permanent deal after a successful loan spell. Surly that will open the door for us to seal the deal?huth is a class act and brings out the best in Morgan and wasil!
st albans fox Posted 21 May 2015 Posted 21 May 2015 Strange that we made arguably the best summer signing (EC) and best jan one (huth)
Guest Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 Strange that we made arguably the best summer signing (EC) and best jan one (huth) That's a joke right? You d on't really think there weren't better summer signings do you?
Foxymcoxy Posted 22 May 2015 Posted 22 May 2015 That's a joke right? You d on't really think there weren't better summer signings do you? Why would it be a joke? The ****ing telegraph agrees and so do a number of pundits so just because you have a weird thing against him doesn't mean you should call valid opinions a joke.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.