Leicester Lass Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 The biggest impact he has is that he does all the organising and the talking so Was and Wes just have to do what they're good at, which is defending. They both look infinitely better next to Huth. He is a must buy for us.
Finn Claw II Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Kasper also seems to command his box better with Huth. All in all we must sign him. Sign Huth, tifo (sp) for the last game?
Adster Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 He's an absolute monster and we have to sign him in the summer. Easily the best defender I've seen play for Leicester in years.
Fez of Mahrez Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Sign him up. Sure he's out of contract? Sadly not: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18413898
Clever Fox Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 I think he's enjoying the love at Leicester. Looking at the embrace he gave Nigel after the game shows how much we mean to him. If he's out of Contract great. If not Stoke will try and ring us out for a few million. But he's worth it as his is the type of passion needed to survive in the Prem.
sdb Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Would happily stump up £4-5 mill for him if we stay up. Sure Stoke would take that.
Finnaldo Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Would happily stump up £4-5 mill for him if we stay up. Sure Stoke would take that. I'd offer £1.5-2 mill firstly, test the water and try for the bargain before going in guns blazing. Could send the wrong kind of message if we're splashing that kind of money around straight off.
sdb Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 If offer £1.5-2 mill firstly, test the water and try for the bargain before going in guns blazing. Could send the wrong kind of message if we're splashing that kind of money around straight off. I'd offer £1.5-2 mill firstly, test the water and try for the bargain before going in guns blazing. Could send the wrong kind of message if we're splashing that kind of money around straight off. yep agreed
ScouseFox Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Gotta think signing him is a massive possibility if we stay up. Can't think of anyone outside the bottom 8 or so wanting him, and we'd be able to match most for fees and wages, as well as the bonus of him having spent (and hopefully enjoyed) 5 months here playing well. As long as Stoke don't want him back he should be ours.
fleckneymike Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Would happily stump up £4-5 mill for him if we stay up. Sure Stoke would take that. He'll have one year remaining on his contract. Taking into account his wages (circa 30-35k) I imagine £2m-£3m at absolute tops would secure him as that'd represent a total investment £6-8m investment over 3 years. I doubt we'd wish to match his wages either.
Foxymcoxy Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 Gotta think signing him is a massive possibility if we stay up. Can't think of anyone outside the bottom 8 or so wanting him, and we'd be able to match most for fees and wages, as well as the bonus of him having spent (and hopefully enjoyed) 5 months here playing well. As long as Stoke don't want him back he should be ours. I could see someone like a West Ham or a Palace being interested. Hopefully he'll be keen to come back to us though. Stoke would be mad to let him go but I think they probably will, honestly.
Bert Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 When he left Stoke and announced it on Twitter it was like he wasn't going back. @robert_huth: Happy times at Stoke, thanks for everything! And moving on means i’ll maybe fulfil my dream of marking Jon Walters one day
lgfualol Posted 10 May 2015 Posted 10 May 2015 When he left Stoke and announced it on Twitter it was like he wasn't going back. @robert_huth: Happy times at Stoke, thanks for everything! And moving on means i’ll maybe fulfil my dream of marking Jon Walters one day I hope so. Come here Huth.
davieG Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 Leicester 2 Southampton 0: Future is not up to me, says City's Robert Huth By Leicester Mercury | Posted: May 11, 2015 PICTURE: CHRIS GORDON Comments (0)Robert Huth has thanked Leicester City for giving him the chance to play regular first team football again, but admits he doesn't know where he will be playing next season. The German defender joined City on loan in January after struggling to break back into the Stoke side following injury. Huth had to sit out a two- game ban for an inappropriate posting on social media at the start of his loan, but City were determined to bring him in despite his suspension. He said that demonstrated how much they wanted him. The 30-year-old has been in impressive form and, while manager Nigel Pearson has said there have been no talks about signing him permanently, his displays will lead to a clamour among the Blue Army to see Huth in a blue shirt next season, if they survive in the Premier League. But Huth said his future was in the hands of the Potters. "I can't thank Leicester enough really, especially as I got a ban just before I came and yet they were really keen on signing me," he said. "I am very grateful. It is down to Stoke what happens. It is the only way really. "They will ultimately make that decision. "I have another year left (on my contract). The bottom line is I am a Stoke City player and they will make the decision. "If they see fit to let me go then I will go, but if they want me to stay I will stay. It is out of my hands." Huth said he was amazed City were rock bottom of the table when he arrived and always believed they could survive. Huth has been integral to that revival but he said it had been a real team effort. "Obviously the lads are buzzing with how the results have been going," he said. "You only have to watch the last 10 games and the spirit has never been down. "We are Premier League players and you can't be too disheartened. We just had to keep fighting until the end, whatever the result is. "When I spoke to friends before I came I was really surprised they were bottom because we have pace. It just didn't click. "It baffled me some games when we didn't get a draw or a win even. Recently, thankfully it has turned for us. "It is not down to me. I am only one player in a team of 11 so I am not going to take the credit. "We have all stepped up. At times we needed a bit of luck. But it is an team game. It is far from being one person." Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-2-Southampton-0-Future-says-City-s/story-26474868-detail/story.html#ixzz3ZojHW8ZZ Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
ROB-THE-BLUE Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 Have you ever loved a loanee more than Huth? He's phenomenomenal Loved Marton Fulop when he was on loan but our standards were much lower! Huth has been fantastic, really hope we do whatever it takes to get him in on a permanent deal
filbertway Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 Loved Marton Fulop when he was on loan but our standards were much lower! Huth has been fantastic, really hope we do whatever it takes to get him in on a permanent deal What a man he was, top quality keeper. Mark Davies stands out for me in the league one season, thought he'd go right to the top after tearing the division a new one whilst with us.
Captain... Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 Best Loan player? Izzett As for Huth, he will have played a big part in securing our top flight status, should it happen, and that brings with it a guaranteed £60million + so I think we can afford him and he deserves it on his performances so far, but we have to be careful as that would be 3 aging centre halves and we need some young blood in, whether that is Moore or bringing in RDL as a CB or another new signing, then whatever, but I wouldn't want to rely on Wes Was and Huth all making it through a full season.
David Hankey Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 It is clear what impact Huth has had on Leicester City and the Club shouldn't let this golden opportunity go by. I hope NP feels the same way.
Guest Posted 11 May 2015 Posted 11 May 2015 What a modest, generous man as well as the saviour of our season.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.