Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC U21 / Development Squad Stuff it in here.

Yep it's strange... I really though Dodoo would have been the one this season. He schooled West Ham in the cup so showed his ability at a higher level.

Been difficult though when we are out of the cup and are top of the league, not the best time to try and bring through youngsters which is why Chilwell hasn't had a look it.

Next year I can see more youngsters on the bench and playing more of a role in the cup matches, maybe even league games with the extra champions league games.

Been difficult though when we are out of the cup and are top of the league, not the best time to try and bring through youngsters which is why Chilwell hasn't had a look it.

Next year I can see more youngsters on the bench and playing more of a role in the cup matches, maybe even league games with the extra champions league games.

Definitely. I really like Dodoo though, he's got a lot of vardy about him, pace, chasing people down and lost causes. Promising for sure! Would have liked to see him have a loan in January though

Definitely. I really like Dodoo though, he's got a lot of vardy about him, pace, chasing people down and lost causes. Promising for sure! Would have liked to see him have a loan in January though

Went out on loan to Bury I think before Christmas, can't remember how well he got on though. Defiantly reminds me of Vardy needs to get his confidence up though as after his first against West Ham I can't remember him doing much else. Reminds me a bit of Schlupp as well with his miss kick against Bournemouth I think it was :L

Also just seen this on Yahoo, didn't know he was Dyers twin lol

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/football/players/joseph-dodoo/

Would really like to see Ranieri play some of the youth players on Saturday whether from the bench or starting, What better way to give them hope of future first team football then playing them against the previous champions.

Chilwell, Gray, Dodoo, Choudhury and Muskwe in particular I think should be given a chance. (I understand if people will disagree though)

Would really like to see Ranieri play some of the youth players on Saturday whether from the bench or starting, What better way to give them hope of future first team football then playing them against the previous champions.

Chilwell, Gray, Dodoo, Choudhury and Muskwe in particular I think should be given a chance. (I understand if people will disagree though)

I do and I don't, we are not midtable we are top of the league and with a chance of securing all kinds of individual and club records, top goal scorer, most clean sheets, second largest league winning margin in the PL (I think). This season has been epic and  I don't want to end on a damp squib of a game. I want full strength team, I could allow Gray to start and Chilwell on the  bench but none of the others. I want full intensity, because demolishing last season's champions again will just underline that we are deserved champions.

It still feels funny saying that, next season use the cups, the Community shield, the CL, the league to rotate get as much experience as possible for the youngsters, but this season deserves a proper finale. 

Can see Choudhury staying out on loan. Kanté, Drinkwater, King, Amartey and James seem to have us covered in central midfield.

Dodoo did go on loan and did fairly well. If Kram comes back, I can see Dodoo and Muskwe going out again. Vardy, Ulloa, Shinji, Kram and whoever we buy should be enough.

I'd love to see any of them get a chance in the first team though.

Yes apologies I know Dodoo went on loan pre christmas, just would have been nice to see him get another 5 months somewhere after that :)

Agreed, I wonder if its because of the lack of strikers in the U21 system that he was kept here, I know for a few games while Blyth was on loan at Blackpool he was played as a lone striker. Would have been good for his development though to stay at Bury for the remainder of the season.

I wonder how important being in the top dev league is, when you can loan them out anyhow. Good stepping stone I guess.

Development wise I wouldn't imagine its very important as the standard is quite poor, however for attracting players it would be more important to be in the higher division naturally.

Also Chilwell in U21 England squad but Gray isn't. Maybe senior squad to replace Welbeck  :thumbup:

Development wise I wouldn't imagine its very important as the standard is quite poor, however for attracting players it would be more important to be in the higher division naturally.

Also Chilwell in U21 England squad but Gray isn't. Maybe senior squad to replace Welbeck  :thumbup:

Strange Gray not being selected, he did well in their last two games. It looks like he's lost his place to Jack Grealish of all people! Only thing I can think is he's dropped back to U19 as they have a the Euro U19 tournament in July... no reason he couldn't have played in both though. 

Strange Gray not being selected, he did well in their last two games. It looks like he's lost his place to Jack Grealish of all people! Only thing I can think is he's dropped back to U19 as they have a the Euro U19 tournament in July... no reason he couldn't have played in both though. 

Even stranger when you consider who has had more game time though. Gray for top of the league Leicester has played more then Grealish who plays for bottom of the league Villa. Could be for the competition but shouldnt the youth system be for bringing players through not holding them back?

Went to the game , quite a good performance from the boys who considering had to win the game to stay up they managed the pressure very well, Hamza was excellent today mainly against a really small skill full player that came through Barcelona youth system and addie took his two goals very well, Layton ndwukus goal was a brilliant Solo run finished off with a little dink over the Chelsea keeper

Even stranger when you consider who has had more game time though. Gray for top of the league Leicester has played more then Grealish who plays for bottom of the league Villa. Could be for the competition but shouldnt the youth system be for bringing players through not holding them back?

Even stranger that he actually got man of the match in the last game and was by all means un stoppable!

my only thought is hes injured? must be?

Then the unrealistic bet is hes been considered for the England squad, haha

Went to the game , quite a good performance from the boys who considering had to win the game to stay up they managed the pressure very well, Hamza was excellent today mainly against a really small skill full player that came through Barcelona youth system and addie took his two goals very well, Layton ndwukus goal was a brilliant Solo run finished off with a little dink over the Chelsea keeper

Can see us giving burton Hamza next year and getting a full championship season under his belt!

Gray's likely to be playing first team football on Sat though.

I went too, that was the number 7 Josimar Quintero thought he looked quality only about 4ft too.

No City player really impressed me except Chilwell looked rock solid for the most part and seemed to have time.

Least impressive was Jo Dodoo, i may get slated on here for saying but today he was poor and was so lazy. He was being berated by the manager majority of the game too and for good reason

Archived