Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC U21 / Development Squad Stuff it in here.

Heck, at least he gets to live in a hipster city with a hipster fanbase.

Hahaha that's not my direct quote! Quite judicious there..

"Heck, at least he gets to live in a really cool city with a very passionate fanbase. Aside from having to play on turf, he's going to play with a team that plays pretty positively."

Hahaha that's not my direct quote! Quite judicious there..

"Heck, at least he gets to live in a really cool city with a very passionate fanbase. Aside from having to play on turf, he's going to play with a team that plays pretty positively."

Hold on whilst I google 'judicious'.

Ah yes. ;)

Some good feedback on Hamza's sub appearance last night:

Bright spot for us of the evening was young Hamza. Got stuck in with his tackles, looks sharp and instinctive with his passing, very lively. He looks every inch the bright young prospect he is.

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2304/bradford-away-thread?page=2#ixzz42RStAKJh

Oh. Well good luck to him. Bit weird the club didn't say it was permanent. 

Ha, seems like Jack doesn't have the best of clues there. It is indeed a loan move until the end of May:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/barmby-heads-to-portland-timbers-on-loan-2996203.aspx

EDIT: Although the Portland Timbers website has it down as a loan with a possibility of a permanent deal:

http://www.timbers.com/post/2016/03/09/portland-timbers-acquire-midfielderdefender-jack-barmby-loan-leicester-city

“Acquiring Jack on loan with an option to retain long-term presents a great opportunity for both the player and the club,” said Gavin Wilkinson, general manager of the Timbers.

Can see us investing alot in our U21's in the summer. If you look at all the big clubs, every season there are youth players playing the odd game due to the amount of games there are & injuries.

Hopefully we bring in some quality U21's who could do a job for the first team :).

We certainly need to improve our youth recruitment. We normally just make league one at best players. Now and again we produce a championship player.

Apart from Chilwell I don't think none of the current u21's will play above league one. Apart form maybe Hamza but I've never seen him play.

Chatting to a guy trialling for various clubs a while back, and he was considering Leicester--or Quorn apparently--since we have a good reputation, from the people he was talking to--a fair few people getting in the first team, assuming he meant Moore, King, Schlupp and, now at least, Chilwell.

We certainly need to improve our youth recruitment. We normally just make league one at best players. Now and again we produce a championship player.

Apart from Chilwell I don't think none of the current u21's will play above league one. Apart form maybe Hamza but I've never seen him play.

I think Dodoo is a fantastic player too. Looks a really natural finisher and is becoming more powerful and direct. Let's also not forget that Admiral Muskwe is still only 17.

I'd like to see us have a world class development system, probably even more than having Walsh keep finding world class players milling around the second leagues of France and Germany--although I obvs want both.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived