Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Pearson's best signing

Pearson's best signing.  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Pearson's best signing over his two spells.

Signing Vardy then sticking with him after a troubled first season is his best individual work. Went from a hard-working but limited second tier striker to a dominant, defender's nightmare in a title winning team and eventually a key part of a survival run-in in the top flight.

Dyer, in time others may prove to be better signings, Mahrez, James, Drinkwater, De Laet could all go on to have spectacular careers for us, but for finding a player like Dyer and bringing him in at our lowest ebb with money tight. Dyer bossed it from day 1. I know he was inconsistent and erratic at times but to survive Pearson, Sousa, Sven countless players coming in and still be there 6 seasons after starting out in League 1 helping us win the Championship.

Still absolutely gutted he left, just can't believe we wouldn't offer him a 2 year deal, can't believe he wouldn't take a one year deal.

Madness, but what a servant.

My first thought was Dyer but I've changed my mind to Vardy. Bought from non-league, stuck with him and believed in him and his last action under Nige was in an England shirt.

Vardy, Dyer, Wasyl, Mahrez, Wes, Albrighton, James, De Laet, Drinkwater, Knocky and even someone like Hammond have all been incredible value for money. And Ulloa when you consider what most teams get for £8m.

Vardy has been a good signing but of the 3 seasons he's been here he's only really played well for half of that.

First season - struggled

Second season - Immense

Third season - amazing first game, then struggled until April when he became immense again.

Vardy has been a good signing but of the 3 seasons he's been here he's only really played well for half of that.

First season - struggled

Second season - Immense

Third season - amazing first game, then struggled until April when he became immense again.

but when Vardy is on his game he's pretty much unplayable. Not because of his skill bit what he does. Again, I'll say if you had to describe Vardy to someone whos never heard of him you'd show him the 10 sec video clip of the goal v WBA. Chasing a deadball, winning it when he had no right, ran at Lescott and tied him in knots and scores.

The others in that list are all replaceable even if you had to fork out £20m to replace Cambiasso. Vardy is not I don't think

Dyer, I really think (if he was slightly younger) he'd thrived on the pace of the Premiership.

Still quite upset he didn't take up the offer of another year.

Absolutely, great player for us. Hope he gets a great reception when Watford come to the KP.

So many good ones, many missing from that list including key ones like Drinkwater, Huth etc... Who must be 2 out of people's top few.

Huth, our difference maker last season, inspired loan & permanent.

Drinkwater, not many players have bossed a whole division like Drinkwater did in 13/14

Ulloa, knows where the goal is and such a team player

Love Vardy, even without a goalscorer's touch, his effort wins through

Cambiasso, for that pass to Ulloa Vs Chelsea. Pure sex!

Knockaert, Mahrez, Albrighton, Dyer, Wellens all great business.

Berner, Tunchev others too.

Special mention for Morgan who's just fantastic, still amazed how a couple of bad halves (when the Cambi-Messiah lead midfield was just dire at tracking opposition runners) lead to a calamity tag on FT

First season - struggled

Second season - Immense

Dyer only bothered for about four months a season! lol

Archived